Can anyone recommend other tastefully written books dealing with boy love?

Can anyone recommend other tastefully written books dealing with boy love?

I also really enjoyed 'The Confusions of Young Törless'

Maybe The Immoralist

I downloaded that recently but haven't yet delved into it. What might I expect?

The Stranger if instead of shooting a brown man Meursault lusted after little brown boys.

that book isnt good desu. legit think the movie mightve been better

didn't he hooked up with a french kid in nothern france?

Sounds interesting, I'll begin reading it tonight.

Do you know of any comprehensive list of books on this subject? It's difficult to discover works dealing with this subject, and even harder to find ones that are well written. I'm weary about searching this on the internet in case my internet history is ever examined.

d_do you have a story user?

I found Mann to be a skilled writer who appears thoughtful and closely intimate with the ideas and concepts behind his subject matter. I enjoyed and identified very much with his passages dealing with Plato's ideas on the nature of love and beauty. His interplay of the Apollonian and Dionysian (though I don't fully agree with Freddy on that categorization) was particularly well executed.

Although I also enjoyed the film, which was competently shot and well paced, I think the subject is more adequately dealt with through prose. Tadzio, as an ideal representation of beauty, is better described and left to the imagination than he is seen in the flesh, however handsome the actor might be. The book also gives us a greater insight into Aschenbach's thought than the film manages to.

yeah but... did you see movie tadzio? (bjorn andresen). man. i had so many unholy thoughts about that boy.

What kind of story are you interested in? I'll need more than a vague prompting.

erotic fanfic along those lines... greentext it's ok too

Sounds pretty gay...

no shit

He was extraordinarily beautiful and I can't ever seem to tear my eyes from him when I see hjm, but nonetheless I still preferred him in prose.

I'm not attracted to men, only boys and the rare woman. I don't consider myself gay desu

he really was...

>yfw you will never be as beutiful as tadzio
>yfw you will never hug and cuddle with tadzio

Eeewww nigga you gay...

in this one bjorn isn't at his best

Try not to feel bad for not being beautiful as he was. In the words of the Mann himself:

>"Beauty is thus the path toward divine spirit - yet only the path, only a means (...) ...the lover is more blessed than the beloved because God resides in the former, not the latter"

Umberto Saba's unfinished novel, Ernesto. Which I believe is soon being reprinted by NYRB Classics.

It's a good shot because it shows both the unobserved observer in the background and Tadzio's awareness of his gaze. I often get the impression that some boys know exactly what I'm thinking when I look at them.

Also, the boy in the picture here is from a film called Ivan's Childhood, which you might enjoy if you haven't yet seen it.

This looks interesting, thanks.

Hopefully it can be found on #bookz

bump for OP

we don't have these threads often