Alright Veeky Forums, honest opinion on this guy?

Alright Veeky Forums, honest opinion on this guy?

Will he be remembered in 50 years?

He's our generation's Jonathan F. Dinkleby.

Oh look, it's that thread AGAIN.

The man is a God.

Nobody ever talks about him on here.

Not really good, but not really bad. He has enough impact on popular culture to be remembered, I think.
Also, he looks like a depressed Doctor Seuss character.

>Will he be remembered in 50 years?
Yes

Maybe because of the movies based on his books. The books themselves will quickly fall into irrelevancy after his death and the initial marketing attempt to capitalize on it.

Yes. He hasn't written anything really culturally relevant in decades. Someone will do a reboot of the Shining in 50 years.

His books are comfy. There's a 50% chance you'll get a shit ending though.

That new fresh smell

Since I noticed how many of his characters are almost blatant self-inserts, I feel a little weird about him. I mean...his most well-known character (Jack) just so happens to be an alcoholic writer with a wife and child. Same with the guy in Misery, I believe.

I guess he writes what he knows?

50 years yes. 400 years no. Unless he wrote a Hamlet or Don Quixote when we weren't looking

Hate him all you like, but his legacy is assured.

No. The movie based on his book which he hated will, though.

He'll only be remembered as a pop culture phenomenon, not as an artist. Literally no one has ever made a decent argument for his literary talent ever.

And I haven't seen anyone even trying to. Even in his own memoir, On Writing, he states that he's not a very good writer. Just an OK one.

hell be known for writing a shitload of books. none of them are really that great though.

He's creative, i'll give im that.

>Will he be remembered in 50 years?
>Implying humanity will survive

Literally who?

Exactly