What's so wrong about Solipsism...

What's so wrong about Solipsism? Tell me why this is not accepted as the ultimate and only truth about reality and how we perceive everything in the universe?

it disregards all others that exist and allow you to even perceive a self in the first place

actual babby philosophy

It denies the reality of what you are, a man born to men in a world of men.

One would need to be entitled, ignorant to his surroundings, blind to his emotions and a pussy.

a true solipsist would never bother asking this question, my property.

It doesn't really have any impact on anything.

lol check out this faggot

>everyone else, tell me why I'm not the only real thing

Because if you're a solipsismfag some Chad is going to burst into your room and bully you into admitting walls are real and then rip your arm off and then you die.

The problem is that if you were truly solipsistic you would have to reconcile why you want to live in he external world. Why make motions if you are the only thing that exists.

The answer, of course, is "well I don't care that nothing else exists" I still want the things in the external world. In which case the notion of reality is asinine and of no importance.

The other argument is that you only want things within yourself that you can control or that you know are real, in which case the reality of the external world is moot.

That's why it's a dumb philosophy, because admitting it doesn't mean anything

Because it is BTFO by the Golden Rule.

Poor Grendel...

You must go further and accept that you don't exist either.

When I was in college a grill who was into me and way out of my league namedropped grendel so I decided to read it. The first obvious sartre rant gave me a fedora-shaped brain tumor so I stopped.

Should I try again?

Sed cognito

I treat it like Wittgenstein treated skepticism.

It's incredibly pointless. It's an absolute, and purposes itself as an axiom of existence (although it has its own obstacles and confines; for one, what make you think you exist to begin with? The notion of your consciousness doesn't confirm your existence, etc).

Also, it doesn't improve your life in most regards even as a strict egoist.

Finally, the question is moot. You can't query constructs about their own existence while simultaneously denying it in the premise and expect to glean knowledge you simply can't concede to be true.

Because Solipsism is scary and because it leaves philosophers with no job.

Nothing actually exists. That's been my position for a long time.

Yeah definitely, it's kinda self-aware and it's almost like a nostalgic look back at your own pleb days when you were just learning philosophies. I don't know why they made us read it in high school. You get more out of reading it after you get through that phase.

>we

this here is your answer, OP

Epistemological solipsism is the only correct position.

Implying you even know your own mind as you actually experience it. Also this thead is baby tier skepticism

Because humans are like pine trees, we can only exist in a forest of other trees. The concept of solipsism is a narcissistic psychopathic mental disorder where one believes humans exist as individuals instead of being smaller components of a larger whole. The idea of living for one's self is a shortsighted ideal that ignores basic biological instinct for propagation and the for communal societies to flourish. The fact that a human life is so short goes to diminish and individual's existential significance as we are nothing more than torch bearers in what is essentially a giant germ culture. One yeast cell holds no more significance than any of the others and would quickly be extinguished without the presence of the others

What allows you to posit I'm experiencing something in the first place?

>and the for communal societies to flourish
*and the need for communal societies for and individual to flourish*

Well if you're not then quit pretending you are by speaking self-reflexively.
don't think you can confuse me kiddo, I'm too Hegelian for this. For me the very idea of reality behind its appearance is a mere Kantian prejudice.

You're almost there but you forget that seeing others as illusory is a projection and psychic transferal of narcissistic envy into the other, which ultimately is dependent on the ego ideal qua Other's gaze and thus is self defeating unless you go all the way and admit that you yourself do not exist, in this second scenario you lose your supreme epistemic priority which turns out to be a mere reification of the distance of the subject from the others gaze

Don't forget that subjectivity as such is unidentifiable in the positive realm of objects, it's a condition of possibility of myself that I have no content with which you can point me out, identify me, hence the need in all cultures for significations and proper names, a point of view is found where we all exist as individuals, and this is the other's gaze, as when you are called or interrelated, it concerns your being, every moment of your identity from which you are the unity of, and you collapse into a corps morcele. It's really an infantile game, since the only one who doubts the other is someone who by necessity believes in the other. Wittgenstein would like a word with you.

Can you elaborate what Hegel's view then is on 'reality' and why does he rejects the unknownable of the thing in itself?

It's a pure thing of thought, the abstract prohibition and negative of all determination, in short, an epistemological doubt transposed into the Thing which Kant used to save some of his most metaphysical assumptions, such as a reality (God) free from contradiction, etc. (he places all negativity on humanity, hence saving the noumenal from his antinomies) Hegel's epistemology doesn't need any mythical communion with some dreamt up Kantian netherworld which is the negative of all real things, since the determinacy and knowledge is already there in the world, we have it already. We just must compare a Notion with its exemplification to judge its truth.

Hello me. It's me, me. Yes, that me. Stop being such a faggot holy shit.

samefag

Fuck off

:^)