Can Veeky Forums redpill me on ancient Chinese philosophy, poetry and literature?

Can Veeky Forums redpill me on ancient Chinese philosophy, poetry and literature?

no?

Confucianism is great, taoism is decent(read Tao Te Ching then the wikipedia page to get the different types of taoism).
4 Great Classics are breddy gud. They're no Hamlet or Divine Comedy, but they're like a Macbeth, an Orlando Furioso or a Decameron. You'll find Dream of the Red Chamber under the name Tale of the Stone every now and then.
Idk poetry.

yooooo
i know this chick
trang phan is her name
im tripping out

>Confucianism is great

Legalism is where it's at.

Need more pics of her.

>redpill

Kill yourself. sage.

Source OP?

Do we have to use the term "red pill". It's embarrassing.

More pics and we can get you up to speed!

>finding something on Veeky Forums embarrassing

you must be new here

It's very hard to translate into English. You need to read multiple translations to get a grip on anything.

Chinese pictographic literature is widely open to interpretation, even by the Chinese. It's the reason they write great poetry and terrible instruction manuals.

Found the bluepilled nu-male cuck

This

>pictographic literature

But Macbeth is better than Hamlet

You're right in the other comparisons, though.

Chinese literature can be exceptional, but from what I've read that seems mostly to be in the poetry and the more modern (as in post-1500s) literature. But hey, I don't know shit.

Read Taoist Canon + (New Taoism) Commentaries from 200-800 AD

You're not going to get anything deep though - English translations are lacking.

>her

>contextless greentext

An Introduction to Chinese Philosophy: From Ancient Philosophy to Chinese Buddhism by Jeeloo Liu

Readings in Classical Chinese Philosophy by Philip J. Ivanhoe, Bryan W. Van Norden

Water Margin
Romance of the Three Kingdom
Journey to the West
Dream of the Red Chamber

Where the fuck are these facebook faggots crawling from?

Pretty much this.

The one to avoid the most is the Logicians. They were just a bunch of stoned old guys babbling about how a white horse is not a horse.