Picture a bone. Now... does that bone have the power to move?

Picture a bone. Now... does that bone have the power to move?

Now, picture that bone wrapped in muscle tissues....

Does that bone still have the power to move?

Now.... picture that bone dipped in hot grease and inside of a frying pan..........

Does that bone still have the power to move?

Now. Picture a human. What gives it power to move?

We have a random number generator in our head and a mechanism that carries out actions throughout our body depending on what number our head generates. Our head generates a number each milisecond.

It just so happens that we have gotten very lucky and collectively we are generating numbers that make it appear like we have conciousness but in reality it is just random numbers.

Like if you wrote a program that randomly generated strings and then you make two of these programs talk to each other. If you leave this running for a while eventually one of them would ask the other to send nudes.

you stupid OVERLY PHILOSOPHICAL DUMBASSES can't even figure this out

maybe it is the cause of peppermint patty

The brain sends out a series of electrical impulses which cause tissues in various body parts to contract, leading to movement.

Picture you're retarded and we didn't need to waste a thread on this topic.

electrified fat if all the connections are good

iiiinteresting.
>sage

The bone never has power to move, idiot. The muscle moves. The bones are attached to the muscle.

If you wrapped that bone in muscles and nerves and put some voltage through it, it would move. That's all your brain is doing when you move a muscle.

Am I my brain or do I merely control my brain?

Consciousness, the manifestation of the soul, animates the material body. When consciousness leaves the body, it becomes inanimate and decays. Any material movement is not possible without consciousness first being in place.

You are neither your body nor your mind, but you are the soul, pure consciousness that is aware of them both. To believe that one is some sort of material body is to act out of false ego.

If you made a complete physical copy of me, down to the memories, would that then also have a subjective experience of reality like mine? Then why do we assume AI doesn't?

What about an AI in a video game. Can that be advanced enough to develop a kind of self-consciousness? It has a kind of individuality after all and can be distinguished from others of its kind.

If you made a complete copy of me down to the molecule with all of my memories, then split us each in half and sewed the halves together, which one would I be? Would I be both of them?

Consciousness does not arise from any combination of material elements, but it is from consciousness that all material manifests from.

good example of bean brain

>Now, picture that bone wrapped in muscle tissues....

And then you connect the muscle tissues to an electrical wire, shoot a charge, the muscles react and the bone moves.

Consciousness is a meme, the ignorant mind cannot grasp how human can work without resorting to magical explanations.

god this post is so fucking stupid

Are you saying that when a chicken losses his head and starts running around, he still haves a conscience.

Electrochemical reactions.

>Now.... picture that bone dipped in hot grease and inside of a frying pan..........
>Does that bone still have the power to move?
Yes? It sure looks like it's moving to me.

BEHOLD A MAN!

For an AI to have something akin to a conscience, we would have to program a conscience. Video game AIs will probably never have a conscience, because there is little reason to program one.

Conscience and consciousness aren't the same thing. I'm talking about consciousness which arguably even biological creatures such as humans don't really require. If the universe is just matter and motion then we only need to be able to react to stimuli.

Consciousness is not born nor does it die, it is eternal. Only material is born and perishes. Consciousness is not bound to the material body, but out of ignorance the soul is forgetful of it's true self and mistakes his body or his mind to be his self and thus is forced to accept a material body. That is to say there is no distinction to be made between a "human" or a "chicken" or any other living entity, as in all cases it is merely a soul that has accepted a material body. After giving up one type of body, he enters another type of body, as we put on and take off old clothes.

so is it possible to take on different bodies prior to death?

Not prior to death, as death is the cessation of your current material body. Once this material body perishes you either attain Moksha, freedom from having to accept miserable material bodies and return to your original spiritual body, or you are forced to accept a new body depending on your karma.

what kind of karma do you need, I drive a civic