America produced the greatest literature of the 20th century

America produced the greatest literature of the 20th century.

Prove me wrong.

Agreed. Now it's Latin America's turn.

Most "great" American literature during the 20th century was written by Marxists or women

I literally never seen a woman that hot irl in my entire life.

Try leaving your basement more often.

She's really not that hot

such a bold claim is not only retarded but blatantly wrong

>his thread-making skills are SO shitty he needs to post a picture of an ugly girl in a bikini to bring attention to it
If only that would solve all of the other problems in your shit life huh :^)

Thanks for the bump :^)

not the BEST, but pretty great

you guys definitely have the worst though

>he is so fresh off the boat from reddit he is unaware of the existence of a special word you can write in the option box that prevents the thread from being bumped, which I'm not going to tell you
:^)

(btw I wrote that special word in this post too)

>not the BEST, but pretty great

Which country reigns on top during the 20th century, then?

the fucking thighs on that beast oh my god i wanna build a tent under her and just live there a while

>Which country reigns on top during the 20th century, then?

Technically the United Kingdom if you take into account that Ulysses counts as UK at the time of its creation.

Couple that with Lord of the Rings and America simply cannot compete. Not even close. Many such cases. Sad!

Only because they stole Nabokov.

same desu fampai what's the word

UK, France, Germany, Argentina

read more

>France, Germany, Argentina

>Technically the United Kingdom if you take into account that Ulysses counts as UK at the time of its creation.
brits are always so mad nobody counts Ireland as anything other than Irish.
>w-we have l-lots of g-greats
>why are they all born in ireland and against the UK state?
>n-no u

>I only speak only language

You only say that because you're mad over her patriotic attire

not my fault you're a fucking retard who only reads the "top 100 best 20th century novels"

>I only know of one author from each of those countries and base my entire perception of those countries' literature off one writer

>Ulysses counts as UK
What in the fuck

Actually Ireland did and literally everyone knows this

Best novelist: Joyce
Best poet: Yeats
Best playwright: Beckett

>Joyce rejected Irish nationality on several occasions. Living in Paris in 1930, he wrote to his son Giorgio: “Some days ago I had to renew my passport. The clerk told me he had orders to send people like me to the Irish delegation. But I insisted instead and got a British one.”

>A decade later the Joyces were offered Irish passports, which would have enabled them to leave Nazi-occupied France more easily if needed. Again, the offer was declined and Joyce clung doggedly to his British passport, despite the increased risk. By his own choice, Joyce was officially British to his death in 1941.

Chubby yank you do amuse me.

Rilke is best poet if you know german

Does Rilke have something better than The Second Coming?

Well I don't speek in chirps and clicks.

I am sick and tired of this. Every day I come to Veeky Forums, and every day there is at least one thread up with an OP image of an attractive woman dressed scantily and posing seductively. It's probably the same one or two people who do it honestly. Let me tell you something, you faggot pieces of shit who are doing this: you are the poster child for everything that is wrong in literature, art, and society as a whole today. You are incapable of coming up with anything creative, thought provoking, or of substance, and you lack even the smallest modicum of intelligence, so you use "style" and "flash" and pizazz in place of it and to draw attention to yourself, because that's the only way your SHIT "creation" and ideas would ever get seen by anyone. And before you say anything, this has NOTHING to do with the fact that I don't have a girlfriend. Anyway, I will be petitioning the owner of this website to ban your asses, so enjoy being able to post here while it lasts, because it's not going to last long, just like you that one time you convinced an obese girl to let you fuck her.

SAGE'd

wew

I agree.

in my opinion, yes, everything after the book of hours is great

How can I disprove a true statement

Ulysses was written by an Irishman in Switzerland and published in the US.

This is some Olympic Gold medal mental gymnastics going on here

Shame about her face. I'll take a half a goddess I guess. Depends on the ass, speaking of . . . anyone?

1. Its photoshopped
2. Reverse image search you faggot

mfw that word has't been operational in the code since 2007

I know who it is you cunt. I just haven't seen any pics of her ass