Do you prefer your bubble tea made with creamer or condensed milk?

Do you prefer your bubble tea made with creamer or condensed milk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PnptlGcRPx8
youtu.be/I6IO1iY1hQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Condensed or evaporated milk

I prefer pennywart tea with no tapioca bullshit.

I love milk green tea boba but it's like 5 dollars for one every time, it's just so hard to justify spending 5 dollars on a tea.
Can this shit be made at home with any kind of success, how involved is the process?

The most involved part of the process is cooking the tapioca. They come as these hard little pellets that you need to boil for 10-15 minutes until they absorb a bunch of water and get gelatinous.

Other than that, the major trick to making authentic-tasting milk tea is use BROWN SUGAR instead of white sugar. You can also experiment with trying what the actual asians use, which is crude, unrefined, or turbinado sugar blocks, but I personally think brown sugar is much cheaper and easier to find unless you happen to live near a bodega or specialty asian supermarket.

This youtube video is the most legit one I've seen.
>nerdy taiwanese guy that can barely of speaking english
>not some blonde basic white girl

youtu.be/PnptlGcRPx8

You can buy tapioca pearls and milk tea mixes online. I suppose you could buy matcha and add condensed milk to it, not sure how different the taste would be.

>PG tips

taiwan was a mistake

He appears to be living in england in some kind of dormitory

>Taiwanese foot party

All is forgiven.

neither both

>a sweetly tea beverage containing milk based

I told you this was legit.

>How to prepare the tea? BOILING WATER!!!

The place by me has like 200 flavors

What is the standard, baseline flavor?

thai or taro probably

Just regular milk tea, no flavors. These are probably the most popular flavors.

The base for most flavored teas is just milk tea. I work at a boba tea place and I can tell you that the honeydew milk tea or a blended honeydew slush is the best shit. Just make sure they don't add any fructose.

In goes the fresh fruits, puree. Add milk, blend to get that bubbly texture. Now sprinkle in some aloe. And there, the perfect milk tea. Beautiful, subtle fragrance. And the taste, absolutely delicious. This is how you make the perfect bubble tea ladies and gentlemen. It's not rocket science is it?

I went to a dedicated bubble tea place on vacation one time and had one just to see what the fuzz was all about.

It was literally one of the most vile things I have ever tasted. Like someone put old pork stock cubes and an ash tray into lukewarm milk. Everything was awful, but especially the texture. Who even thought that the gelatin balls would go well with anything?

I rarely throw stuff out, but that shit went right in the bin.

Inb4 "bad place" "poor flavour"

I don't drink memes

I prefer the fresh fruit blends with ice and the mini boba. Actually, my favorite is fresh coconut with mini boba and kiwi popping boba.

Most of the bubble tea places around me use dairy free dairy creamer. I tell them it's not real bubble tea.

I remember as a kid loving when my father made milk tea and now it's become this meme and Asians or people I'm with look at me weird when I buy it in asiatowns like I'm some trendy instagram loser or something.

That being said; condensed milk.

Bruh, do you seriously think '''MILK TEA''' (literally milk and tea) is supposed to taste like old pork stock cubes? How dumb do you have to be to delude yourself into thinking that is the standard?

The places I go to in chinatown all use powdered milk when making milk tea, I've never seen anything else used.
2bh the powdered milk kinda worries me because I know chinese powered milk was a big deal a few years back because they were adding melamine and it was taking people's kidneys out.
Not good.

I'd just like to tell you something I learned in my health class today. All you tea drinkers out there, who think they are getting great health benefits are idiots. You are drinking leaves, how is that healthy? Your just drinking chlorophyll!

90% of the people who drink tea on this site are just fucking WEEABOOS. You drink tea just because the JAPS do it. Well, the JAPS have you conned. The other 10% are just britfags, and you are excused, because you are naturally fucking morons. Tea is just a LEAF! Japs aren't smart. You see how shitty their Yen is? You think that someone, who can't even keep a good economy, has the intelligence to know how good tea is? Bullshit.

Enjoy your diluted organic particles and chlorophyll, you've all been conned by the crafty, yet idiot NIPS.

I've never had this, every time I walk past the place the sells it closest to me the line is at least 50m long and full of annoying 13 year old girls. So I've always just assumed this was some kids drink.

the tea itself has flavour you cunt. the baseline is whatever tea they're using.

that's crap. go to a place that uses condensed or evaporated milk. or alternatives like soy or almond milk.

>bubble tea

>meme based tea
fuck OFF

>I tell them it's not real bubble tea.
Good lad.

Yeah it's pretty easy and cheaper homemade. It's just time consuming (but brewing iced tea is normally a waiting game anyway) and the tapioca balls have a short lifespan before they get hard again. Seems like they stay soft for 24-48 hrs. It's a silly video, but I basically followed this recipe

youtu.be/I6IO1iY1hQI
Albeit, I used locally sourced honey and I made the mistake of using loose leaf oolong because that's all I had. Bagged tea might have been faster.

Oh yeah, I use sweetened condensed milk. /Sage

They don't actually source milk from China it'd be more expensive to ship it all the way here and it'd never pass inspection. Powdered milk is cheapest in restaurant supply. Chinese people don't drink the milk there unless they're very poor, they know it's poison. Regardless, the ones made with sweetened condensed milk or real milk and turbinado sugar are much better.

>it's just a tea tee hee

Both made by me.

>boba
>not lychee jelly

TIL all Brits are weebs.

>lychee jelly
Or mango chunks

>short lifespan before they get hard again
Heh

>noko
Fucking oldfag

>short lifespan before they get hard again
Heh

no weaboo shit
reported.

To be fair powdered milk is what's used in producing legit milk chocolate.

>All you tea drinkers out there, who think they are getting great health benefits are idiots. You are drinking leaves, how is that healthy? Your just drinking chlorophyll!
Chlorophyll is extremely healthy though, twat.

Chinese tea is superior to Japanese tea

I ran out of real milk once and used about 40 little creamer things with cereal. Really bad idea.