"I am afraid we are not rid of God because we still have faith in grammar."

"I am afraid we are not rid of God because we still have faith in grammar."

Where were you when Nietzsche BTFO every argument for God's existence in one aphorism?

>it's another "reductionist fedoras appropriate Nietzsche for the nth time" episode

>Impling that Nietzsche is the god of fedoras who never have read a book of him

I guarantee I have a more solid understanding and have read far more Nietzsche than you have.

*tips fedora*

I think the truth everyone doesn't want to admit is that neitzsche was kind of fedora.

Like his philosophy wasn't super euphoric or anything but the man himself was the 19 century equivalent of a Weeb

He basically shit on asians bruh. buddhism is shit.

Only because "fedora" is used as an ad hom for everything religious people don't like due to their chronic lack of arguments

yeah not like a weeb for japan but like for poland.

>arguments are good
t. letzter Mensch

>arguments for God
Apollonian nonsense.

God is believed, not argued for.

Well to be fair, his hatred for German nationalism turned out to be pretty sage.

good post

>Where were you when Nietzsche BTFO every argument for God's existence in one aphorism?
user, that aphorism indicates that he thinks his concept of Gods is going to live on for a long while, much longer than the Christian God he knows still lived on in caves past the unfortunate incident with pity.

Not really actually, it's an attack on grammar. The caves aphorism you refer to in The Gay Science is unrelated.

One might say God rendered his judgment on Nietzsche.

One might also say *tips fedora*

It's not an attack on grammar; it's drawing parallels about unsubstantiated belief and its thrall despite its lack of substance. You could take it as an attack on grammar nazis, but grammar itself isn't what worries Nietzsche compared to it being revered and mandated as though it were substantial.

Reminder that the plebs takes pride on speaking well and even loves to correct other plebeians for violating the rules of some language.

No, it's not an attack on "grammar nazis", you dunce, Nietzsche is saying language deludes us into believing in things that aren't there. It's an attack on analytic truths, for instance, or in a Heideggerian sense, an attack on "essential objects" qua subject/object Cartesianism.

There are many places where grammar deceives us into thinking there is a subject, or timeless objects, or other fictions that are convenient in a human subject but don't have being.

yes and you can see that the grammar nazis think that grammatical rules matter.

that's not at all what's going on, you clearly don't know enough philosophy.

But is that really bad?

this guy was a joke and his writing is just fuel for shitposting edgelords

This, Wittgenstein also talked about this

Why do people still believe Nietzsche was a garden-variety atheist?

Have anyone here even read the guy?

Guessing not.

>Only because "fedora" is used as an ad hom for everything religious people don't like due to their chronic lack of arguments
This! Being called "fedora" by people like Donohue is a badge of honor.

Why do Christian shitposters assume everyone else ever hasn't read Nietzsche?

I'm not a Christian.

Then stop quipping over trivialities and answer the question.

What question?

The one I asked, just now.

>his philosophy wasn't super euphoric
this proves that you haven't read much Nietzsche

> the truth everyone doesn't want to admit is that Nietzsche was kind of fedora.
You are putting a man into a group you don't like that didn't even exist until more than 100 years after he died. If fedora to you just means atheist, then you sure BTFO Nietzsche because he was indeed an atheist.

>he was indeed an atheist
no.

O my Nietzsche, that doesn't belong to me; my precious little pet, that the whole world tamed;

FOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

of them Understand you, and I NEVER WIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you, I think of you, I detect your SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETttttttttttt Scent,

and all the muses, you abused, as you fapped away to hysteria, with a dance you were always holding back, as you come inside my abyss;

as you were staring, and staring, and stalking and stalking; like the creep that you are; o my lovely "slave" - how I wish you were my slave.

The Greeks spoke to you, as John spoke to you:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Canst thy defeat words and grammar. . .

Yes, oui si; all thinggsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

"ipdfhetpohjetojhyotejyu-yujfijgirjhohpkpoetwyohtroeioghreqkjukukukuk"

"100010100100100101000000010010100101010010"

Make sense of that my MASTERS, o yes you can; speak it's language, it will put all the order you need in your life.

O he speaks nonsense, for everyone knows that time is in flux; always changing there, my friend Heraclitus...; as everything does and moves, and will cease to be, CONSTANTLY-CHANGING; "there is nothing permanent except change," ...

Yes, oui, si.

Nothing is permanent, so let us doubt "IT" EVEN Exists.

But that is not what I am saying, nor is that what you are saying;

FOR I AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM NOT SAYING OR WRITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTING anything; nothing at all; finis.

"OBVIOUSLY YOU DUNCE!"

>say something (literally anything) that is less than complimentary about Neitzsche
>YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVENT READ NEITZSCHE FAGGOT!!!
>ANY PRECONCEPTION YOU MAY HAVE OF HIM EVEN IF IT COMES FROM SOURCES WHO STUDY HIS WORK PROFESSIONALLY OR FROM POPULAR OPINIONS CONCERNING HIM AND HIS WORK THAT HAVE HELD FOR OVER A CENTURY NOW (CONSIDERING HE IS ON OF THE MOST FAMOUS, THE MOST READ, AND THE MOST INFLUENTIAL OF MODERN PHILOSOPHERS) IS NOW NULL AND VOID FAGGOT!
>CHRISTFAG!
>etc.

"SUPPOSING that Truth is a woman--what then? Is there not ground for suspecting that all philosophers, in so far as they have been dogmatists, have failed to understand women--that the terrible seriousness and clumsy importunity with which they have usually paid their addresses to Truth, have been unskilled and unseemly methods for winning a woman?"

"Wisdom is a woman."
"As he got to know her; and she knew him."

I don't know where that's from; you do though...

Same shit isn't it?

I don't believe either; the entire universe could cease to believe; and you know what that would mean; chaos, because not everyone is strong enough to live without out.

But o well.

Love, Love, Love, Love Love.

Keep it up; let's see how many you can put inside your "palace".

>Truth is a woman
Is this why he called it the 'Gay Science'?

What does that mean? "God is believed, not argued for." I enjoy that statement

When one has an earnest belief in something, everything is instantaneously (re)created to fit that belief. The 'presence of God' can only be experienced by those that already believe.
It's not a rational stance (despite what Muslims would have you believe), it's completely revelatory.

don't you understand that the amount of faith it takes to rely on argumentation as a method of communicating known truth is precisely what is under fire in the line in the op

Well, since God _literally_ doesn't exists, you can't really argue about his existence – only make-believe.

I guarantee my dick is bigger than yours

I want to start reading philosophy and am choosing to start with Nietzshe. I was told to start with Greeks but this guy interests me.

Can someone recommend me a book I can buy at Barne's and Noble tomorrow?

If you really thought this you would not visit this board

>God is believed, not argued for.
You know, like any other belief you can't justify but can't let go.