Friendly reminder to abandon Academia and obtaining a literary degree in favour of Autodidacticism

Friendly reminder to abandon Academia and obtaining a literary degree in favour of Autodidacticism.

And do what for a job?

Do both. Bullshit an Associate's at a cheap community college and then bullshit a Bachelor's at whatever college you transfer to, all while teaching yourself. You're not gonna get a job without a degree.

Clear bait but important to remember anyone who uses the word "autodidact" is shit.

Teaching yourself in a vacuum is ineffective. Look at lit

Trade school, bartender license, soldier, etc...

>Trade school
Shitty, unfulfilling work

>bartender
>implying anyone on Veeky Forums is attractive and social enough to be a bartender

>soldier
>dying for Israel

>Shitty, unfulfilling work

Hahaha. As opposed to a cubicle?

Have fun in the office.

I don't work in a cubicle, I work in an art studio.

Have fun welding.

>Art studio

What is your degree? Just curious.

Graphic Design

I don't agree with you for academia in general... But why wouldn't people, instead of doing a literature degree, just write books?

Who's going to ensure that what I've learned is correc or that I've learned the most relevant information?

As much as I wish it weren't the case, seof-learning can never be enough to really engage with a field. It's a shame that professional schooling is so difficult to access after a certain point, but that's just the way back it is.

>Teaching yourself in a vacuum is ineffective.

You are destined never to understand anything.

yeah but then you won't have access to pretentious richgirl pussy, which is what post-secondary is about

You are destined never to understand anything you think you understand.

Enjoy your received wisdom, user. Try to forget that it doesn't belong to you.

the nature of truth necessitates that its method transference is of no import.

>
>You are destined never to understand anything you think you understand.

Yes, goy. Listen to fat middle-aged professors going through a midlife crisis who flirt with all the female students!

Find a useful forum where they discuss the subjects you've studied and read them or join the discussion. You will probably more than likely find gaps in your knowledge that way.

Epic deflection

Not an argument.