What is the best pasta? What made spaghetti so dominant over the other types?

What is the best pasta? What made spaghetti so dominant over the other types?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/fagotto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As much as i might get hate, The best pasta is NOT a stuffed pasta.

>fagotinni
I'm not the only one that giggled like a faggot?

>anything other than conchiglie

Also why do yanks call all pasta noodles? Noodles are what nips eat

Spaghetti became dominant because it was and still is the easiest to make en mass and export. This is because it is made from grano duro - hard wheat - which makes it dry quickly and maintain stability when dry.

Even in the centuries before IL Risorgimento, spaghetti and similar long, hard pastas were a common staple in the Western World. In the 13 Colonies, all long, hard noodles were called "vermicelli" and we're commonly imported from Europe.

>fagottini

>Ravioli Gigante

Isn't that just a Raviolo?

>Also why do yanks call all pasta noodles?

We don't. The term "noodle" has to do with length, not country of origin.

>Also why do yanks call all pasta noodles?
....lol? are you really so retarded to think that this is true?

I've heard plenty of them say shit like 'Macaroni noodles' or 'Lasagne Noodles'.

Sorry, I've been subject to youtube cooking channels.

Are these people retards?

>Are these people retards?

OFC.

I've been living in America for 33 years now. I've never once heard someone use the word "noodle" to refer to macaroni or lasagna. You must have encountered some extra-special retards.

Probably because importers could stuff more long pasta by weight into shipping containers than short pasta with holes in it so it got to the American market in larger numbers sooner. My favourite pasta is tagliatelle, but a tortellini a la panna is godly when done by someone in the know.

I have. I've heard macaroni referred to as noodles. How would you ask someone to pass the lasagna _______? Sheets? Lasagna pasta sounds stupid. Granted, noodles doesn't sound right either.

>How would you ask someone to pass the lasagna

Just like that that. "Pass the lasagna please". You don't need another word.

Oh right on. I thought lasagna was the whole dish, not just the pasta sheets. Or it's both I suppose.

This, or 'pass the macaroni' for macaroni.
how are your assburgers?

It's both, though no one would blink twice if you said pass the Lasagna sheets when you're preparing a lasagna.

Raviolo is just the singular of ravioli. Unless you were thinking of "ravilione" which means "big ravioli." But Ravioli Gigante also means big ravioli, so whatever.

Anyway OP, stuffed pasta isn't always the best, like said, but it can be pretty good. Tortiglioni and penne rigate are the best otherwise. And linguine.

>Raviolo
>raviolo (plural ravioli)

(>chiefly in the plural) A single, large parcel of pasta with a filling, served with a sauce.

well no one was gonna eat the fagaatony.

A single ravioli (raviolo) has no set size, so a single large ravioli would just be called a Raviolo.

You CAN make the distinction, but there isn't a need to

That's true, but when you say "ravioli" it usually refers to the smaller pasta, so if you're at a restaurant let's say, if you order ravioli gigante you would expect it to be larger. But if you order ravioli expecting the smaller pasta and end up with ravioli gigante, you may end up surprised with what you got/maybe only wanted ravioli (for example, someone may not like ravioli gigante because it has more stuffing per piece but is fine with regular ravioli).

But it's all semantics anyway I suppose.

Yes, but if you order a Raviolo, you would expect a giant ravioli. As a single Raviolo as a dish is OBVIOUSLY dish sized.

>fagottini
I'm using that as an insult, just try and stop me

You must be 18 to post here.

And anyways, it's pronounced fah-got-TEE-nee and comes from en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/fagotto

This and flyovers have problems accepting unfamiliar textures.

kys coastie cuck

Fair point - I guess my argument mostly applies to those who are only familiar with "normal" ravioli, who may think "Raviolo" on a menu means the little ones. And let's be honest, if it's a good Raviolo, I will want more than one.

Usually a Raviolo will be filled with a more powerful filling, or a powerful sauce, and served as a single course to a multiple course meal.

Though obviously there are exceptions to this.

Oh for sure - no one will be satisfied with a single raviolo on its own, it's gotta be part of a multiple course meal. Like you said though, if it's the only thing I'm ordering then I'll want more than one (or maybe I'm just a fatass who loves pasta).

It's hilarious that flyovers use "coastie" as a retort as if it's denigrating or something.

itt : massive autism about words from retarded NEETs

shut the fuck up, faggotini

>he lives in an insanely overpriced urban containment center full of minorities and nu-males

>being proud of living in a containment state

...yes the states which create the largest economic income, provide the majority of taxes, as well as education institutions which furthers our nation's overall intelligence and allows further advancements to be made, surely THOSE states are the containment states.

Righhhht.

Maybe it's the fly overs that everyone who could afford to leave already left, the states that have poor education, minimal social services, and the services they do have rely on the tax revenue from the primarily coastal states.

Hmmm, being surrounded by money, tech, access to anything I want within a few minutes. Or being stuck surrounded by dumb hicks and morons who are too stupid to realize everyone else left because it was a shit hole and always has been.

Hard choice.

Average annual snow fall is like 5-10 inches and maybe 10 days a year it has accumulation.

>Faggottini

Kek

fagotinni detected

and for your mom, the long hard noodle is my dick

>this formatting
Not even the guy you're arguing with, but boy are you a fag

pappardelle

Good taste.

good post

>this assblasted about his insanely overpriced minority and nu-male infested containment state