>think of a good idea for a novel
>write the opening paragraph
>realize I have no idea how to structure the story
>give up

>think of a good idea for a novel
>write the opening paragraph
>realize I have no idea how to read or write
>go on Veeky Forums

You're first supposed to make an outline, you fucking pleb.

>read wikipedia articles summarizing an author
>go on Veeky Forums and pretend to be an expert of the topic

I find outlines inherently Fascist, they inhibit the free flow of thought.

man, is it like you who writes the story, or is it the story that writes you

>read Wikipedia articles summarizing everything
>pretend to be an expert of the topic

I do this with everything, I have no deep knowledge in any subject. It's just so easy to get the base info and bullshit an argument and dumbasses like me just eat it up. If they take my argument seriously then I don't take them seriously. Sooner or later I'll encounter someone who knows what they're talking about and they'll humiliate me

>Implying an autistic person can feel humility

>begin writing scifi novel in JC
>get 20 pages in
>move onto 4 year
>take fiction
>instructor insists that genre fiction is irredeemable garbage and that literary fiction is so much deeper and sophisticated

Still mad.

Hence why you can't write more than the opening paragraph of your so-called novel, you insufferable pseud.

>300 word essay due tomorrow
>haven't even written a single paragraph

At least your novel doesn't have a due date. I'm FUCKED.

>3 word essay due in 10 min
>haven't even started
Fuck

write the words first and and novel second

*rips bong* whoa

That's a big jelly donut.

>>give up
Don't denigrate this step. It's the greatest contribution to literature most writers ever make.

Read more.

"dude prose lmao"
You owe me one, user

>have a good idea for a novel
>no idea how to start
>no idea how to do anything
>shitpost on Veeky Forums

No reason in the world to write a novel from start to finish from a set begining to a set ending,really. Try writing scenes based on your ideas that would occur at some point,descriptions of characters and places,examples of dialogue and thoughts characters might have. Set no restrictions on yourself now:let the words flow out onto paper or pdfas the whim takes you,since getting these concepts out of your head to some physical form is the important part of the process. Accumulate,collate,and repeat the process until you have a huge pile of scraps.Now look at them and try to forge a narrative from them.

The writing will help you think about the construction,the rewriting will forge the plot and themes of the whole. At some point,you can attempt a first draft of that whole work,using the scraps not as the final forms of the scenes and such,but a jumping off point to what you are writing now.

I know the secret to creating good plot out of thin air.
It's the easiest thing in the world.

All I need to write numerous great novels is good prose which I can't make myself
Until the day I have attained that power I will not reveal my secret

Just fucking change the outline later. It's not immutable.