I need medical help, Veeky Forums. I went to the doctor recently for a checkup...

I need medical help, Veeky Forums. I went to the doctor recently for a checkup, and he diagnosed me with central obesity. This is a very difficult and challenging disease. What is the best way to manage this illness? What are the best drugs to treat it? I am depressed now. I don't want to suffer from obesity disease anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryfield_Hospital
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response
soylent.com/product/powder/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response#Timeline
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you tried eating less and moving more?

Read the fucking sticky!

Besides diet and exercise, try getting your hands on Concerta, it kills any motivation to eat.

If that were easy enough to do, don't you think I'd have done it by now? I need a MEDICAL solution - ie, medications.

Alright faggot, I'm going to bless you with forbidden knowledge. Go get protein powder. Preferably one with very low sugar content.
Eat ONLY protein powder for the next month. Drink water so your metabolism doesn't cease to function. Occasionally lick some salt; you need electrolytes or you'll die.
You will quite literally be starving. But your muscles will still have material to repair themselves. As long as you don't gorge yourself on protein powder (it always has calorie content) you'll burn your way through a pound of body fat per day, provided you don't sleep all day.

Get that stomach cutting surgery if you are too fucking lazy to diet and exercise. It's surgery it's MEDICAL

>Eat ONLY protein powder for the next month.
Is that god advice?
He's going to stuff himself with protein powder.
I'd say stop eating altogether.

if he stopped altogether his muscles would atrophy

Stop eating fat fuck.

[Citation needed]

>In the 1960s a world record was set at the hospital when a patient named Angus Barbieri spent 382 days between June 1965 and July 1966 without taking solid food. Barbieri survived by taking tea, coffee and soda water as well as vitamins.[6][7] During that period, his weight declined from 214 to 80.74 kilograms (33 st 9.8 lb to 12 st 10.0 lb; 471.8 to 178.0 lb).[8]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryfield_Hospital

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response
(You shouldn't really need a citation for this, if you're old enough to post here.)

He got the good advice in the FPBP, and refused it.

So the "bad but effective" device is protein powder.

He'll shit his guts out, and it's rough as hell on the system, but it beats starvation, which in the end makes it harder to lose weight once you finally break your fast, due to the loss of muscle mass that eats the bulk of your calories, even if you aren't particularly active.

Soylent is popular these days, particularly the green flavor. ;)
soylent.com/product/powder/

>You shouldn't really need a citation for this, if you're old enough to post here.
Big boy. You should read it too.
>Thus, the production of ketone bodies cuts the brain's glucose requirement from 80 g per day to about 30 g per day. Of the remaining 30 g requirement, 20 g per day can be produced by the liver from glycerol (itself a product of fat breakdown). This still leaves a deficit of about 10 g of glucose per day that must come from some other source. This other source is the body's own proteins.
>However, the body can selectively decide which cells break down protein and which do not. About 2–3 g of protein must be broken down to synthesize 1 g of glucose; about 20–30 g of protein is broken down each day to make 10 g of glucose to keep the brain alive. However, to conserve protein, this number may decrease the longer the fasting.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response#Timeline
He'll need ~25 g of protein per day to consume it's own.
If he can afford to loose 1 kg of muscle mass, that's enough for 40 days.
He doesn't really need any protein powder.

>to consume it's
not to consume its
>loose
lose

>If he can afford to loose 1 kg of muscle mass
You can't afford to lose ANY muscle mass. If he loses muscle, once he starts eating again he'll be too weak to exercise and he'll be on the fast track to fatsville again.

stop eating

calories won't magically appear if you don't eat

jesus

Whatever.
That's two scoops of protein powder tops per day.
Magnesium, potassium and sodium should be supplemented as well.

I'd prescribe four scoops since he's used to eating several meals a day. The extra protein can't possibly hurt him.

You listening, OP?

No way I'm going to starve on gay powder.
Food is not the problem.
The problem is that I can't successfully exercise due to weight.
I need to build muscle mass first.

>Food is not the problem.
You're like a junkie telling me that heroin isn't a problem. Wake the fuck up.

Management for obesity is almost entirely lifestyle related.

Diet: Aim for low calorie and low fat diet. My lecturer (a surgeon) loved to put patients on a ketogenic diet.Very-low-calorie diets are recommended for the morbidly obese. UpToDate says that it's not so much as the type of diet that matters but how much a patient keeps doing it.

High-protein diets: While other anons recommend this, UpToDate (med student/doctor reference) says that compared to other diets it can increase bone loss and may promote weight maintenance.

Exercise: 30 min or more, 5-7 days a week

Drug therapy: Don't use them unless your doctor prescribes them because every drug has a side effect. Commonly prescribed ones are:

Orlistat - It's quite safe and can improve heart health. Works by preventing fat digestion but patients hate it because they poo out all the fat.

Serotonin agonists - This ↓ food intake

Other management:
Liposuction - doesn't do much for your other health problems
Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass - Bariatric surgery resulting in the restriction of food intake due to malabsorption.

>Aim for low calorie and low fat diet
>My lecturer (a surgeon) loved to put patients on a ketogenic diet.

I was obese, watch your mouth and go jogging for 1hr every second day and I guarantee you will be ok in some time.
It took me 6 months, but I lost around 40kg.

Now, you help me

>Surgeon lecturer
>I love this diet but did I tell you about this surgery WHICH HAS MUCH GREATER RATES OF SUCCESS AND FEWER GHRELIN RELAPSES AND SHIT THAN REGULAR DIETING AND EXERCISE, LOOK HOW MUCH PEOPLE INITIALLY LOSE WEIGHT (initial weight loss = almost all water, later weight loss = fat) AND THEN END UP GETTING ALMOST ALL OF IT BACK, THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD TREAT THE MORBIDLY OBESE WITH SURGERY, THE PATIENTS WILL LOVE IT TOO
He loves Roux en Y obviously.