Reminder that if you tip in places like california you're a fucking chump

reminder that if you tip in places like california you're a fucking chump

California can just break off of the US and sink into the Pacific ocean.

I'm looking at you San Andreas Fault...fucking clock in and do your job.

>paying glorified PoS terminals/conveyor belts minimum wage is fine
>violates federal law on firearms

>instead of the absurdly low federal minimum of $2.13
Wrong.
The federal minimum is $7.25, across the board. Employers are allowed to pay as low as $2.13/hr if tips make up the rest of that.

?????????

Keep crying poorfag.

>...for tipped employees

>Union

Normalizing that word will not condition people to accept the NAU. Ever. America is a Republic of loosely links States, in which government agencies can outright refuse to adhere to Federal mandate(s).

>Going to california on purpose.
Would anybody do this?

The wording in OPs picture is slightly ambiguous. He's just putting the exact truth out there so people don't misunderstand. Tipped employees everywhere will make the same minimum wage as everyone else if they received 0 tips.

They can't refuse to obey federal laws, however. Remember the south and integration enforced by federal troops? Also, the feds can blackmail states by cutting off federal funding (see Drumpf on sanctuary) if states refuse to obey executive orders.

There's a reason Californians are moving east. Tool even wrote a song about how shitty it is and that was 20 years ago

I live there and have a pretty good job. I guess i could go back to Washington

>they can't refuse federal law

Marijuana law(s) says different. You don't even need a license for a pistol in Arizona lol.

Same deal here in WA, in no circumstance in this state can you pay less than minimum state wage.

It's about victimization and tax collection/distribution when it comes to not enforcing federal law. If not enforcing the law directly victimizes someone or somehow fucks with taxes, the feds are gonna fuck that state hard and threaten to pull funding for roads.

Most states impose their own taxes for DOT road crews, the town I live in New York imposes their own individual taxes for road cleaning, maintenance, snow removal, fire department etc etc etc. It IS the federal government's responsibility to maintain interstate freeways/highways, this is paid by everyone that lives in America, including non-drivers.

America is a Republic, not a Democracy. All states have the right to self govern. Only Hawaii, California, Texas and New York have economies large enough to truly be self sufficient. Maybe New Jersey .

alaska would make a fine petrostate on its own

Plus they stay quiet about the tips a lot of the time

>Drumpf

>most states impose their own taxes for road maintenance

Boy, are you naive. You live in NY so it's true you guys have the state revenue to pay for your infrastructure. So does CA and TX. But in many flyover states that's not the case. For example, MS's entire state budget is 46% Federal money, and many other southern and midwest states are in the same boat. Without federal money, they'd look like the poorest state in Mexico. Ironic since they're the most vocal about cutting federal spending when CA and NY keep them from looking anymore third world than they already do.

Most states don't have the populations to support said requirements ergo are parasitic in nature and should be assimilated into the nearest self sufficient state. Period. My collected tad shouldn't have paid for Katrina or Sandy "victims". Texas is the only state besides California and New York worth a shit. Jersey is a "close enough" example, but would be better off swallowed up by New York, as would Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. Greater New York when?

>should be assimilated into the nearest self sufficient state
I don't think you'd like that as much you think you would coastie.

no, it actually costs a lot to live in california. you can't get by on $9 per hour here. not tipping is a dick move, or a nigger move if you're black.