Who here has a verified high IQ but low university GPA preventing them from a top tier grad program?

Who here has a verified high IQ, but a low university GPA which makes you like a brainlet on paper and thus preventing you admissions from a top PhD program? If so, what can you do to reify it?

>implying IQ = Good GPA
The only thing you need for a good GPA assuming you're a normal functioning human being is a good work ethic. Seen literal dyslexic spergs perfecting scoring his tests because he has a non-existent social life and works like a rice nigger.

This doesn't help when you're already a senior and/or graduated and looking to get into graduate school.

IQ means nothing by itself.

For instance, imagine if Brock Lesnar got into a car accident and became quadriplegic. Now, he would still know his fighting techniques and have all this muscles and the reach advantage. But he would still lose to any healthy person in a fight.

Similarly, GPA tells that a person _is_ capable to the theoretical aspects of his field, whereas IQ tells that a person is _potentially_ capable.

You must be aware that nepotism (aka strong recommendation letter from a renowned faculty) might be enough to get into Ivy League.
For Example Edward Witten was a History major but he got into Princeton because his Daddy was a renowned professor of Theoretical Physics.
A nice GRE is important too. Many Units have grade deflation or inflation. So I think GRE is a good unbiased Measurement of Knowledge.
Yeah. IQ (raw untrained Brain power) is important but we need also put effort too. We should not be lazy.

I coast by in life merely by having the phenotype ASHKENAZI girls crave, my girlfriend's father is a Jewish investment banker constantly showering me with gifts.

Sometimes people screw up earlier in life, I am not saying having a high IQ should mean one should have a high GPA. This thread is NOTHING about what one SHOULD have done. I already graduated...

The question is what SHOULD I DO NOW?

I enrolled as a student and am taking select courses graduate programs care about. I already have As in those courses. But I need to take a few more courses to "strengthen" my application and show improvement. For instance... I made a C in one of my courses as an undergrad. I retook the same course and made an A in it recently. I was the top student. I started impressing professors...

The question is _what should be my next steps_?

My plan is to CONTINUE making As in my classes and try to get on a research project.

do some amazing research first.

or just lower your standards. There's people with very good GPA getting rejected from Harvard. If yours is truly low (like say lower than 3.0) you have no chance unless you demonstrate yourself in some other way and do an amazing job of it.

I've been acing my classes (ones I'm taking post-graduation). I have what would be a 4.0 since doing this. I think that + research + statement of purpose explaining + recommendation letters I can aim for top schools (btw these courses are from a well-respected school & I've been top of class each course I've taken).

>If so, what can you do to reify it
If you're rich, you can get Master's degree. I had a GPA of 2.7 coming out of Cornell but after working on industry for a year applied to a mid-tier genetics program, then after doing well and pwning the GRE I applied to a top-tier program for my PhD and got in.

Thanks for the advice. This is along the lines of what I'm currently doing. I'm taking some pre-reqs as seen here before I apply to a masters program or so, then will be onward to a PhD.

One of these days you're gonna have to come to terms with the fact that you are a brainlet OP.

>Have a shitty 2.4 overall GPA
>Have an alright 3.5 GPA for my last 60 credits
>Pretty good GRE scores
>5 years field experience in remote wilderness
>Still can't find a grad program

;_;

find an advisor that wants you and you are gauranteed to be accepted to teh program

Good advice

This is brainlet advice. I already aced every course I've taken post-graduation, I'm already on my way to vast improvement. Maybe you accept failure, I don't which is why I'm doing so well now.

> not being part of the low GPA master race

I graduated 6 years ago, and I regret nothing. Get on my level high GPA plebs.

Some times you have to go to a lower tier graduate school for your masters, put in the time and hard work, then go to a prestigious institution for your doctorate.

you are delusional if you think people get into top tier PhD programs because of grades and test scores.

>remote wilderness
>doing some dumbass "oooga booga" degree
lol

If you're so smart, how come you got a shit GPA?

You clearly didn't read where I aced all subsequent courses since graduating.

>I was the top student. I started impressing professors...
did you impress them enough to be able to ask them for a research position / letter of rec? you still need that shit for mid tier schools.

assuming you don't have any research, a good GRE can probably carry you to a low tier school and everything you did in undergrad is irrelevant.
consider working though, grad school is expensive and a low gpa ms student at a lesser known school might not get much funding.

define low gpa and what field?

I made a 100 in one of my classes and the professor (prof 1) mentioned he wanted to get me on a research project. He said he'd help me.

I do have an undergrad publication in pure math, but i no longer want to do that area of research. I now want to do mathy CS.

The school I'm going to now is much higher ranked than my undergrad one (it's a top ranked school). I have what would be a 4.0 there now.

I spoke to another separate prof (prof 2) there and he said he agreed to be my adviser if I wanted - but I don't know if I want to do his area of research (it's closer to what I published as an undergrad in, not what I want to do now), but he did say he would be OK with me working in an area outside of his expertise.

He said even if I didn't work with him he'd talk to the admissions committee about my situation- he said I was smart.

He was impressed with some of the math I was presenting to him of my then interest. I think since I spoke to him I am getting into a bit more of the applied area of math. I'm still figuring this out. To not be confusing he works in theoretical CS and that aligns closer to my pure math background.

I spoke to prof 3 in an area I'm somewhat interested in and audited one of his math courses (I aced that course ages ago, but I wanted review). He said he'd be interested in taking me on + would be ok with me focusing in an area outside of his expertise but it had to be at least lightly related to his research interest.

His area of research is so far outside my skill sets. I plan to close that gap this year and take a few extra courses to get on par with understanding his papers. He wants me to take a more advanced math course he's teaching this semester. I told him that I'd check my schedule-- never enrolled because I can't afford to have a full semester of courses out of pocket. How should I address that with him? Out of the three profs I'd want him to be my adviser.

Ran out of room here Pure math undergrad: 2.9-3.2 range. At the new school I would have what would be a 4.0. This is a more prestigious school too.

You don't need to go to a top school. Get into whatever school will let you in. Do work. The work will speak for itself.

If you deserve to get into a better school you will have opportunities to.

Many of my professors started out at shit schools and only went to better schools after their Ph.Ds.

>Being a fat ass
>Not getting paid to enjoy the outdoors

lol

if you had a high IQ then you would have aced all the courses , brainlet.

Drop out, brainlet.

>Pure math undergrad: 2.9-3.2 range

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Except it's now a 4.0 from a top tier university, cause I'm actually trying. I'm making 100s in upper level courses.

Plus I have an actual publication in pure mathematics. grades like Ds in various non-math classes caused it to be lowered.

Based on others responses outside of this troll board I am alright. I already have a prof from a top 10 telling me to apply to their program.

Nice bait

>reify
Rectify. And obviously you won't be able to.

>doesn't like school
>gets bad grades
>wants to go to more school
>school won't let him
>upset

seriously nigger? I don't think you have a high IQ

This. I have an IQ of 155, but I have borderline personality disorder. By brain feels like it is eating itself alive. I've got a high IQ but as a general human I fuction very poorly (drugs, booze, crippling depression etc etc).

You shouldn't do that his IQ is all he has to hold up as an achievement in life.

What an insecure loser.

IQ was a mistake

this.
I have an IQ of 160 but I chose to fuck around in school so GPA was like 2.5 but only because I aced all my tests just never did HW.

I got an A in Calc1-4 plus DiffEq and Linear Algebra but a 155 on the quantity section, the GRE is a meme it doesn't test actual all it has are gotcha questions.

*quantitative
*Doesn't test actual math

Feigned low scores so that I would have the freedom to go somewhere else than the top tier programs. Because if I got them then I would feel forced to get in if I could. My life would become slavery in the form of an endless struggle for prestige and then suddenly it would be over without me having really lived at all.

I am sure it has been said but GPA is the LEAST important thing in getting into a PhD program. Sub 3.0 is about the only thing that will hurt significantly.

If that is the case then take a handful of non-matriculated classes (classes not towards a masters or phd) at a nearby college in your field of choice. Rock the crap out of them, and that should alleviate any problems with GPA.

Ultimately rec letters are the most important followed by SOP, those two together are like 70-90% of getting in. Grades, GRE, etc... are mostly an afterthought.