Is it just me, or is almost every book nowadays a "New York Times Best Seller"?

Is it just me, or is almost every book nowadays a "New York Times Best Seller"?

Yeah

The best seller is just the one that sold the most in a given week, its not a yearly award or anything just which shit book sold the most

The (((Jew York Times)))

not my book famiglia...

There are companies that take a fee to place bulk orders on books and make them nyt "bestsellers" that way. It's all a scam.

If I was a billionaire I would make it my hobby to make the most fucked up and weirdest books NYT best-sellers.

We should all work together to influence The New York Times. If /pol/ can elect Trump then we can move a paper to act upon our whims

Due to the decline of a serious literary intelligentsia, books are judged purely upon their market performance in this late capitalist age.

The result is that the only books that rise to prominence, are those that make money. The New York Times Best Seller list merely charts which books have had their mass advertising campaigns succeed and thus reinforces a new YA novel or pop thriller's status as a book of the week.

Novels unable to flatter the tastes of the masses, or not backed by advertising campaigns get nowhere, and are thus forgotten. Those books that do end up in stores are highly likely to have been on the NYT's list.

I vote for one of the greatest works of literature of the 23rd century, Victory Chimp!

If we pick some random shitty YA fantasy it'll probably even get a movie

>on an Earth when chimps are the psychic slaves of the human race, he has begun to rattle the cage. Follow Victory Chimp as he moves from adolescence to adolescence to adolescence across the multiverse. Victory Chimp and Occula battle the immortal Chon as wave upon wave of illusion and pain conspire to imprison them within time's dominion. Our Earth awaits Victory Chimp's return. Will he survive?

i think it just has to be in the top 10.

Avoid any book with that epithet, it's probably awful or trendy ideology.
I want to have ANAL sex with Iorin!

I don't get it, pussies feel so much better!

Not Iorin's!

bump.

The fuck did u just say about Iorin???

the original ideas in this thread regarding Veeky Forums manipulating The New York Times have promise.

We could get some ln's in there and hope they get animated.

It's just like every game having a "Game of the Year" edition.

Those titles are at least given by different sources, though.

But that's going to happen anyway, where's the fun in speeding up a shitty process? It's about subverting it and choosing something hardly anyone would actually like.

Have we leveraged our influence over The New York Times yet?

Nobody is willing to do anything, it seems.

I, for one, have no money at all.

Is this a serious post? Are you retarded? I feel so lost here these days. There's no way you can be serious.

>"But for all the examination of those remarks, a >passing reference by Mr. Bannon to an esoteric >Italian philosopher has gone little noticed, >except perhaps by scholars and followers of the >deeply taboo, Nazi-affiliated thinker, Julius >Evola.

>“The fact that Bannon even knows Evola is >significant,” said Mark Sedgwick, a leading >scholar of Traditionalists at Aarhus University in >Denmark.

>Evola, who died in 1974, wrote on everything >from Eastern religions to the metaphysics of sex >to alchemy. But he is best known as a leading >proponent of Traditionalism, a worldview >popular in far-right and alternative religious >circles that believes progress and equality are >poisonous illusions."

>Evola became a darling of Italian Fascists, and Italy’s post-Fascist terrorists of the 1960s and 1970s looked to him as a spiritual and intellectual godfather.

>They called themselves Children of the Sun after Evola’s vision of a bourgeoisie-smashing new order that he called the Solar Civilization. Today, the Greek neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn includes his works on its suggested reading list, and the leader of Jobbik, the Hungarian nationalist party, admires Evola and wrote an introduction to his works.

>More important for the current American administration, Evola also caught on in the United States with leaders of the alt-right movement, which Mr. Bannon nurtured as the head of Breitbart News and then helped harness for Mr. Trump.

>“Julius Evola is one of the most fascinating men of the 20th century,” said Richard Spencer, the white nationalist leader who is a top figure in the alt-right movement, which has attracted white supremacists, racists and anti-immigrant elements.

source?

Kek

What's the title? I'll buy it out of pity if its cheap and seemingly interesting.

/pol/'s influence stems from the fact that stupidity is widespread. Veeky Forums is a much smaller board so power in numbers is out of the question.

Power of thought should at least apply then.

She prefers it in, and is better with, her ass!

/pol/ is utterly minuscule compared to the voter base. They didn't use numbers. They used meme magic.

Veeky Forums needs to master meme magic and enlist the help of Kek. Difficult for the average long-winded pseud that posts here, but not impossible.

this.

Veeky Forums thinks that calling /pol/ "retarded" changes the fact that they're always right

>implying /pol/ itself isn't entirely pseud

>Is it just me, or is almost every book nowadays a "New York Times Best Seller"?
It's exactly like AAA-tier mainstream videogames a dozen years ago or so, in which the latest title to enter the market immediately becomes the new 10/10 Best Game Ever and gets a Game of the Year edition when the price goes down.

NYT

>wow look these marxists are still succumbed to the confines of capitalism

nah, /pol/ is actually retarded

Highgate cemetery isn't owned by marxists. What's load of crap

bump

If it were so, your post would have double digits

They couldn't scrape the dirt off the sole of a pseud's boot, they don't even make an attempt to read anything

They already do that though

Fake news

Give me an example of a fucked up, weird book that was NYT best seller.

They're all safe as shit.

> fucked up, weird book

What are you 18?

>at the Harlow School in April 1971 Victory Chimp attended a meeting of the political science department. He went undercover as the pet monkey if a female prostitute and informant, code name "Occula". As a precaution against enemies if the state Victory Chimp had been outfitted with a penis ring/security device. The penis ring would be monitored by a field officer. A micro-explosive circuit inside it could be detonated by radio remote if Victory Chimp's mission was in any way compromised.
>the host of the meeting served his guests a potent psilocybin wine. Eventually, Occula was atop a glass table performing fellatio upon the flaccid chimpanzee. Occula over-sucked and swallowed the chimp's penis ring.
>at dawn, as the exhausted revellers slept, Victory Chimp slipped away. Occula reported the escape. The field officer punched the remote detonator.
>Victory Chimp headed towards Nogales in a late-model Buick he had stolen. Victory Chimp then proceeded east to Brownsville, Texas following the path of a raven flying just ahead of him. The raven was the transformed spirit of the slain prostitute Occula.
>at the gulf of Mexico the raven flew under the water and became a porpoise to carry Victory Chimp on its back to a small island in the West Indies. Victory Chimp stayed ten years there in mystical aphasia. In 1981 Occula appeared to Victory Chimp and instructed him to build a boat and sail to Boston, Massachusetts.

Are you honestly saying you would NOT like that to become an official NYT bestseller?

We need to make this happen.

Where did the Iori anal meme come from? I keep seeing it but I don't see the logic.

Realtalk, gay anal makes a lot of sense because men have prostates but no vaginas, and femdom pegging makes sense as a gender-bender sissy thing (also prostates), but what's the appeal of regular straight anal?

It's tighter and feels better for your dick

Do they really need to explain what "traditionalism" is? The name seems pretty self-explanatory.

Anal

tighter? yes

feels better? fuck no.

- too small for vaginal
- she's a bitch and degrading a bitch is pretty common fetish, and anal is of course fairly degrading
- it allows her to stay a virgin

I'm not really sure but I heard that there was some guy that made a ton of Iori doujinshi that had anal and for whatever reason it caught on and other people started doing it. Before long, Iori became known as the anal girl.

>Where did the Iori anal meme come from?