Why are scientists so hopeful of finding life in the universe? Especially intelligent life...

Why are scientists so hopeful of finding life in the universe? Especially intelligent life. Do they not realize that life leads to immense suffering? Once sentience evolves, you just have animals capable of feeling pain running around eating each other, and dying of diseases.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosemiotics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To reach the point of human intelligence takes hundreds of millions of years of evolution. Which means countless feeling organisms die horribly. And human intelligence is likely a rare thing that happened due to very specific cicrumstances. Most life is dumb and survives just fine, intelligence isn't needed.

>Why are scientists so hopeful of finding life in the universe? Especially intelligent life.
Probability favors it's existence but probably not it's discovery.

>Do they not realize that life leads to immense suffering?
Then kys and save yourself the pain

We need someone to share our suffering with.

And people generally want to find intelligent life to a.) Feel less lonely because lmao can't do that with 7 billion humans
and
b.) Hope some friendly aliens are advanced enough to lend us dank technology.

Do you think wild animals live good existences? They don't, because they die horribly 99.99% of the time.

I fail to see how that's related to finding life.

>Do they not realize that life leads to immense suffering? Once sentience evolves, you just have animals capable of feeling pain running around eating each other, and dying of diseases.
"suffering" is a by product of meaning. Life is about living and nothing else. I know suffering and i know life. Once upon a time i wanted neither. Then i experienced death after smoking DMT and knew that the former is worth putting up with for the later. There is no higher purpose than being alive, there is no meaning without life.
>you just have animals capable of feeling pain running around eating each other, and dying of diseases.
Life on earth is a single thing indivisible, and all it does in essence is interpret meaning. That is why we search for other life, that is why we suffer, that is how we live.

Because many scientists on TV have an autistic boner for it and they don't seem to realize that finding it would actually be bad.

You took a mind altering drug. Wild zebras getting torn apart have nothing to do with your hippy fantasy.

DMT has nothing to do with my post apart from me not wanting to kill myself. If you call the philosophy of biology as hippie fantasy i suggest you stop concerning yourself with life

">Do they not realize that life leads to immense suffering?
Then kys and save yourself the pain"

>Do they not realize that capitalism has externalized cost?
>then be homeless and jodbless and die, don't be apart of the system

>Nice response...Not.

I got no meaning out of your post, other than that you're retarded. Zebras getting eaten alive aren't interpreting meaning.

It's not even a proper counter or solution. You clearly don't know the context or relationship within a social-system.

>I got no meaning out of your post
im well aware.
>Zebras getting eaten alive aren't interpreting meaning
Then how are they suffering?

There is no signs of intelligent life anywhere. So how do they expect to find it when there are no signs of or examples of intelligent life?

Finding meaning is a higher level thought process than experiencing suffering.

Ask folks in here how to solve differential equations, no problem, ask hard ethics(or related); They might as well be in /b/ or something. It seems.

Is this board a social gathering for sentient calculators or do they actually recognize emotions?

reasoning is a higher level thought process than whatever it is you are doing.
maybe reading this will help you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosemiotics

You can't reason if you can't figure out that zebras don't like being eaten alive.

>Why are scientists so hopeful of finding life in the universe? Especially intelligent life.
Because then all those nerds who grew up watching Star Trek can live their dream of having hot, slimy sex with an alien being.

Im sorry but you are actually too stupid to understand me. I have called alot of people brainlets on Veeky Forums and I have never meant it with such sincerity. I pity you, brainlet.

Is op a /b/tard?
that would explain alot

Yeah, because you don't bother explaining your stupid definitions. Im clearly not using the definition of meaning that applies to symbols in brains or whatever. Try explaining the actual question, which is why zebras getting eaten is anything but bad.

cant argue with someone that doesn't understand my frame of reference let alone agree to it. Dont want to take the time to teach you

Pussy!

Uughhh, people repeating "brainlet" are literally the worst.

They hope that the ayylmaos will share their forbidden jew magics with them (not us)

Quintuple Math PhD and 99th tier Mensa member with his head held up by crutches do to the immense size of his brain here. Just chiming into say that you are the one who is the brainlet.

>Why are scientists so hopeful of finding life in the universe?
They're not. That's just an excuse to find funds.

>Why are scientists so hopeful of finding life in the universe?
They're not. Most don't care, there are little methods to do so and few explore them.

Shut the fuck up. You sound like every retarded pshyco druggie I know. And I've done psychedelics. Stop trying to justify taking drugs in a pathetic attempt to find meaning.

see

Doesn't change the fact that you're a faggot

what are you so angry about?

Are you retarded OP ?

They are memeing, the only ayys we have any chance of finding are some bacteria on some outer moon and even those probably don't exist. Any aliens that originated outside our system we will never meet or communicate with. But maybe thousands of years from now we can create our own life forms on Mars and abduct them for fun

Stop eating meat and perpetuating suffering you slimy coward!

What if I told you there were some men who did not die?