Post your favourite non-fiction books in this ITT thread

Post your favourite non-fiction books in this ITT thread

The Story of Fart - William H. Gass

The Fart of Fart - William H. Gass

The Fart of the Deal - William H. Gass

Good choice op.

> my personal favorite

Pic related is Veeky Forums informative as fuck with a suprising sense of humor. Had good laughs and got inspired to read more.

whats the english title?

Sadly, i don't know since i read the Spanish translation you saw in my previous post. Even i tried to find the name in English, but I couldn't. However the book is an interview directed by Jean-Philippe de Tonnac to Umberto Eco and Jean Claude Carriere (a film-maker and often collaborator of Buñuel). Since both are bibliophiles and collectors of rare books the interview verses in subjects as the Future of the Books in the Digital Age; the Internet, the information and it's spreading; the books who remained in history; the incunables printed books; the book they never read; their collections of rare books and more. Also, the book was published in 2012.

uppara

>tfw you're so patrician that it's literally impossible for you to imagine ever reading a book called "The Story of Art"

>patrician
>haven't read Gombrich
top meme

>patrician
>learns about art by reading books

Pick one.
Any other middle-class "books I've read" memes you want to mention?

Kek

It's literally meant to be read by teenage plebs.

How did you learn about art?

This book better read like Hobbes meets Melville

>>patrician
>>learns about art by reading books
>Pick one.

This doesn't make any sense.

I legit hate guys like you, who think "art" is looking at pretty pictures.

A huge part of what constitutes art is discourse, and yes, you do learn the discourses of art by reading books (and taking classes, and so on).

But the patrician thing is reading Gombrich but realizing he's awful and Warburg was right, peace

Anne Franks diary and the 12 biographies I've read of her.

Experiencing art really doesn't require a technical understanding.

Elitist shitheads like you don't like to hear it, I know, but all that truly matters in art is feels.

Great comedy, found them very comfy reads, thanks.

based

>Tells others plebs
>Biggest ignorant in the thread
:^)

Great choice

Technical understanding provides a platform for extending those feels, duhhhhh

That's true, it can do that.
It's not a necessity though. Emotions are obviously subjective, therefore art is.

>It can do that.
It does that.

>It's not necessary.
It's' not necessary if you don't mind missing all that a piece of art can offer. The great of a piece in most of the cases comes with context and theorical knowledge.

But, yes, you can enjoy anyways, dear pleb.

Í'm not talking about technical understanding, I'm talking about theoretical understanding.

The problem with this line of thought is that you eventually shild yourself from a lot of great artists because "not muh realism" or "not muh representation"

TOEDOCH LA RA

Nigel Lewis' Book of Babel is a great jaunt through connections of metaphor and idiom between various different languages.