Jasmine rice, basmati rice, perfumed rice, faggot rice HOW DO YOU EVEN COOK THESE FUCKING SHITS

Jasmine rice, basmati rice, perfumed rice, faggot rice HOW DO YOU EVEN COOK THESE FUCKING SHITS.

Let me explain, i bought some and i gave it a try. Apparently you need to wash them thoroughly before cooking until the water isn't cloudy anymore. And this is the problematic part.

I'VE LITERALLY SPENT THE LAST HOUR, YES, H O U R, CLEANING RUBBING THIS FUCKING RICE BETWEEN MY FINGERS AND WATER, AND THE BOWL UNDER IT STILL COMES CLOUDY AS FUCK

ONE

ENTIRE

HOUR

DO YOU NEED AN ENTIRE DAY TO COOK THIS SHITTY GOOK RICE WITHOUT IT TRANSFORMING IN A BUBBLE BATH OR WHAT

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-444268/1-5-samples-American-rice-sold-Britain-contains-cancer-causing-arsenic.html
ers.usda.gov/topics/crops/rice/trade.aspx
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you had a proper 'Jasmine rice washer', you would have been done 55 minutes ago...
Sucks to be poor...

>proper jasmine rice cooker

how cloudy we talkin op? i usually wash mine 15-20 minutes cos i dont got better shit to do, its barely "cloudy" by the end, tiny white particles. perhaps a bad quality rice or something?

i just go until i notice a white sheen on the rice, u see that yet? id say its good to go

Wash it five times in bowl until the water is clear
Just shake and drain the water, repeat
Cook it like ordinary rice

Jasmine rice is those sticky Asian-Southeast Asian rice, so too much water will make it sticky

Basmati is typical Indian long and hard rice, not different from ordinary western rice

>how cloudy we talkin op
I clean my rice in a big glass bowl, we're taking cloudy cloudy, like semi-thick white.
>perhaps a bad quality rice
Perhaps, who knows. All in all it's absolutely infuriating.

I can usually get it clear in 5 minutes.
Maybe you just have OCD/autism?

>Wash it five times in bowl until the water is clear
Except i did it around three to four times more than what you said and it still came out cloudy. As i said earlier it came out cloudy FOR ONE HOUR STRAIGHT.

It doesn't have to be crystal clear, when the smell of the rice water became less stronger, it should be enough

what you even do when you wash rice? i get water in the rice cooker, swirl it around with my hand til it goes cloudy then change water, do that about 5-6 times and the water is clear enough that i could cook it but i just prefer a longer wash. anyways after ill just grab the rice and squeeze it in my hands as hard as i can, i figure whatever the ufck ur washing off the rice will rub off against each other and wash off with some more water.

only thing is it tends to break the rice, but with a good rice cooker doesnt realy matter, still comes out nice n fluffy

You know what, next time i make this shitty rice i will take a picture of the cloudy water so you can see with your own eyes how cloudy it is. I don't blame you guys.

What if you don't wash the rice?

Will be clumpy, will look like shit and most importantly will produce so much bubbles during the cooking process you will end up having to clean your whole shit.

>washing your rice
Is everyone ITT posting from the old country? My grandma does that, my mom does it even though she says she knows it's unnecessary. I do it when my mom is over just to avoid triggering her but it's basically unnecessary unless you're making sushi. The difference is trivial when you're using American rice.

i can taste a difference after washing desu, especially after a thorough wash

Yeah side by side there's a difference but some user was talking about overwhelming bubbles and clumping and stuff. I get that if I'm cooking basmati rice from the poo store, but with america grown japonica the difference with washing is pretty minor, it's already pristine.

>tfw australian and need to wash all rice

washing rice is autistic, just cook it

The lower quality the rice is the more washing it needs
Plus it won't ever stop coming cloudy since the cloudy thing is the starch and there will always be starch, you are supposed to wash it until you remove most of it
Also maybe you are Washing it wrong

You probably never had any rice other than the cheap crap you buy at Walmart

???

I've only been to walmart once in my life. it was on a road trip and I had to stop and see what it was all about

there is no walmart in my city because I don't live in a blighted community of ((economic anxiety)) and racist unemployed meth heads

why would you wash rice unless it's some fucked up rice air dropped on your refugee camp by UN relief flights?

so it fuckin tastes better? you americunts get ur fucked up processed rice with all the starch stripped from it or whatever or GMO'd so hard it doesnt even have fuckin starch, rest of the world isnt so fuckin lazy they refuse to wash rice jesus christ

you cunts act like there's something WRONG with washing rice, when in actual fact there could be something wrong about your rice if you dont need wash it (depending on the type)

Its taste better, make it more consistent, and less smelly
We also do the same in Asia, even with good rice

Ha ha, no
America produces a lot of terrible food, but our rice is coveted by everyone, especially Asians

sorry never heard anyone coveting american rice, literally ever. have u ever even tried washing ur rice?

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-444268/1-5-samples-American-rice-sold-Britain-contains-cancer-causing-arsenic.html

>1 in 5 samples of American rice sold in Britain contains cancer-causing arsenic

>American rice

>
U.S. rice imports have increased in recent decades, largely because of the growing demand for aromatic varieties, partly driven by the expanding population of rice-consuming ethnic groups. Aromatics, primarily jasmine and basmati rice, are imported from Thailand, India, and Pakistan. U.S. plant breeders have yet to develop aromatic rice varieties with the same characteristics as Asian varieties. Imports of aromatic rice are expected to continue increasing until U.S. breeders develop varieties that satisfy this part of domestic demand.

ers.usda.gov/topics/crops/rice/trade.aspx

ur rice aint coveted by asians m8.....

>I've never heard of something people who give a shit know
that's because you don't give a shit about food
>have u ever even tried washing ur rice?
HV U EVER TRD SPKG ENGLSH?

yes I wash rice, when it's poo rice from the poo store
probably texas rice, that's not america. california rice >>> all

also, if you think Asian rice is clean, LMAO

who gives a shit about basmati, that stuff only tastes good if you dry roast it, blast it with ghee and spices, and then dump a bunch of meat into it. even styrofoam packing peanuts would taste good after it went through all that

>all these dumbshit westerners having a hard time with fucking rice

Asian here. You're all fucking idiots holy mother of shit

L O fucking L it's only fucking RICE for fuck's sake, it's not a computer algorithm

Stick to bread, please. It matches your preference for complex processes, since apparently you dolts over-complicate anything that's simple to understand

And just putting this out there, this might also be the reason why something as simple as male and female sexuality boggles your goddamned minds, that you have to make additions to literally only 2 genders with pansexual transformer optimus LGBTBBQs

End your race for mankind

dude why are so vivaciously defending american rice?

its literal shit compared to everyone else, as far as i can tell from some cursory googling, u mainly grow the short/medium grain that is cmmon in african/ME/mexican etc cuisine, and export it to mainly central/south america? that doesnt exactly mean its good quality, especially with the whole NAFTA thing u guys got going on

also please wash your rice even if you think you "dont need to" it simply tastes better

different rices for different dishes.... basmati ismainly for indian food as far as i can tell while jasmin emore east asian. maybe ur simply eating the rice wrong?

holy shit dude gt a kbrd I cn. brly;undstd anytg ur sng

going to judge my posts by the formatting instead of content huh? is that because american rice isnt as great as u think it is? i know so dont even reply loser

Fuck off, Gook.

>Be American
>Travel anywhere else in the world
>Drink a glass of water
>Drop dead because it isn't treated with fluoride and anti biotics

Nigger, do you have autism?
It will always come out cloudy after a certain period of time in water until it fucking disintegrates.
The point is washing it until the water no longers IMMEDIATELY turns white.
Usually 5-6 times is enough, I go 7 because numerology.

This OP. 3-4 times is how many iterations I typically go through. If you are washing too vigorously, you will expose more of the granule's endosperm starch to dissolve into the water and cloud it up again.

when the content is unintelligible the formatting is the only thing people notice

stop typing as if you're using an old school multiple press keypad like a texting tween circa 2002, it makes you seem like a LARPing pedophile

if U fail to understand what it is i am effectively communcaitng to EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD, that means the problem lies on u fool

everyone else can see past my laziness but ur just a nit pickin bitch arent ya

kys slant eyes before we bomb you to cancerous death again

Okay user, if you can stop deepthroating stranger's cocks for 5 minutes I'll teach you how to do this basic fucking task your mother should have taught you. You don't need a rice cooker, you don't need a rice washer. Those are for fags and Asians. Or cookibg really huge quantities of rice really quickly. All you need is a pot with a fucking lid, a measuring cup, and a sieve.

I'm almost out of basmati because I forgot to buy more last time I was at te store, but this is enough for one small bowl and to show you how to do this, again, retardedly simple thing.

Wash your rice in a sieve you fucking savage. It takes a lot less time and you don't accidentally lose any rice when you have to dump the water out, because it does all the work for you. Just run cold, it has to be cold, water over it and work it with your hands a little.

There. That took leas than 5 minutes. It would take an entire 5 minutes or maybe even 8 minutes if I was using more rice. Of course you could skip washing it if you want stickier, starchier rice. Which you might for some dishes.

>Stick to bread, please. It matches your preference for complex processes

Spoilers: Asia eats more bread per capita than the west

I wash it with a linen cloth, but if I where to use a sieve how long will it take? couple of minutes under a strong stream?

Now you put it in your pot, and read the fucking instructions on the back of the bag. They taught you how to read in school for a reason, faggot.

i love japanology ^_^
sounds like a waste of water honestly, you wash your rice like such a wihte person. just put it in the fucking rice cooker pot thing you can remove and dont pour the water like a tard

I'm from England and I don't wash rice. Literally no need. At most 30 seconds under the tap

what kind of rice? do u have any idea how processed it is? is it already hulled? many factors go into whether u should wash rice (thorouglyh) or not, but i personally find it is always better to wash it, simply tastes better

>recognizing Japanology from a random picture of bread

Superior wyt man here, I wash mine using a french press because I dnt buy my rice @walmart b/c it has 2b washed lke all good ryz

if u dnt wash ur riz u shud gb2/japan u fag

This says that half a cup of dry rice is 2-3 servings, and I have a 1/4 a cup so we'll have to do some mental math and figure out how much half of 3/4 a cup of water is. They did teach you about fractions right OP? Spoiler alert: the answer is 3/8 of a cup.

Maybe that's because I am white and we cook rice a little differently and for different dishes?

Add the water, a pinch of salt, and a pad of butter. Don't fucking add the butter if you want sticky rice. I'm just gonna eat this straight though so I want some butter. I think even you can manage this part OP. Now we crank up the heat to high and bring it to a boil.

As soon as it boils like this, give it a quick stir and a little shake to even everything out, turn it down to low and cover it for 15 minutes.

DO NOT FUCKING TAKE THE LID OFF WHILE IT COOKS FAGGOT.

Set a timer for accuracy and so you don't forget and burn your rice like I know you would OP.

Once it's been 15 minutes, cut off the heat and take the pot off the burner to a cool one. No, you don't open the lid yet you fat fuck. You let it steam for 10 minutes. This doesn't take much longer, you can eat soon.

After 10 minutes you can open the pot, put it in a bowl, and eat it. Wow, so impressive! Such a complex dish! The technique takes years to master! This definitely isn't a poor people food that's so cheap and easy to make that even stupid and poor people have been cooking it for literally thousands of years, no sir!

See

cmon stop reducing white people to retards mate, you are literally wasting water, pouring money down that drain, not much but you still are being needlessly wasteful... just learn to make rice like a normal person for fucks sake
was the nhk logo desu and i know there are a few japanology episoes on bread and such. the episode with the kuchenbaum one was fuckin amazing made me want to try some instantly

*baumkuchen even

>pinch of salt
>butter

it's literally just water and rice

stop adding unnecessary shit