Do Americans really have no kettles or is Alton just messing around? How the fuck do you make hot drinks?

Do Americans really have no kettles or is Alton just messing around? How the fuck do you make hot drinks?

I boil water in a regular pot for my pour over coffee. I don't need to throw more money away on a useless (((unitasker))) to feel like a bougeoise English hag.

We pour water into our anuses and funnel tea leaves/coffee/hot chocolate in, do a little jig, then squat over a cup to sip it up

That's none of your business.

>he doesn't enema brew

will europoors ever learn?

Never once seen a kettle.
Never once seen tea leaves that didn't come in a bag and was labeled Lipton.
Never met a single person who has either.

Oh look, it's this thread again. I remember it from last week.

I do what Satan does. A regular pot works fine.

a lot of folks own regular stovetop kettles. i've never seen an electric kettle irl

americans drink coffee, retard.

He literally uses an electric kettle in later episodes. This is from the Man Food Show where they teach a neck beard how to make coffee

Kettles might be unitaskers but boiling water really fast is pretty much useful for a shit ton of things up to a point where calling kettles unitaskers isn't really right.

Americans either use a drip machine or put water in the microwave to make instant coffee.

Also who the fuck wants to make hot drinks in the summer?

I'll never understand the point of a kettle when you can just boil water in the microwave...

why would you want a unitasker when you can just boil water in a pyrex cup?

I also bet the inside of these "kettle" things are slimey and disgusting and hard to keep clean unlike a nice pyrex mesuring cup

>obsessed

>produce hot water quickly
>unitasker
You're taking the word too far, hot water is far too versatile. I'd go as far as to say that the hot water is the tool

Literally when other than making tea or coffee is "the hot water the tool"? There's almost no practical use of having a separate thing to make hot water, unless you eat a bunch of instant noodles.

What is even the point of a kettle

Brits make tea, at absolute minimum, four times a day. And almost anyone is gonna make more than that. They use kettles much more powerful than the ones in america, so they get boiling water in about a minute

Well if you're a tea/coffee shop you'll get a lot of use out of a unitask tool, but I'm talking about regular people - why do they need a kettle?

Normal people make tea at least four times a day. At an office job, they just make tea over and over all day to avoid doing work. Normal people need kettles there

I microwave my water. Works just fine.

Of course we have kettles. How ridiculous. I use a copper coil kettle, but everyone I know has some kind of kettle.

>why do they need a kettle?
tea
ramen
making broth with a bullion cube
hotter water than sink to speed up boiling on electric range
need more?

So the office lady has the office kettle and makes everyone tea? What about when bongs are at home, why can't they just order tea delivered via drone from starbucks/amazon?

No there's an office kettle in the break room and they just hang out in the break room taking turns using it

>ramen
>making broth with a bullion cube

I haven't eaten instant ramen since I was a poorfag college student and make my own stock so would never use a cube of flavored salt. Try again, bongfag.

I have an electric kettle right behind me that gets used every morning. There's also a normal one on the stove.

We usually have a drip brewer for coffee. Tea is popular especially in the south, but we prefer iced tea. Most drip machines come with a function to just make hot water come out. Kettles are pretty antiquated at this point.

1. Americans don't use kettles because difference in power ratings from the mains means that it takes just as long to boil water in an electric kettle as it does normally
2. That was the "man food" episode. It was a joke about being "manly" by not having a tea kettle
3. You can always microwave water

I don't drink any hot drinks. I'm not an old lady.

>bongfag
no americunt, it's yet another case where the whole world uses something and you claim that you have no use for it (because deep inside you know your retarded power grid makes it too ineffective for use)

Fag.

We have a regular kettle and used to have an electric one, but we drink tea more than most people. We also use a French press for coffee so the kettle is useful for that as well.

Growing up my mom always microwaved a cup of water for tea, but she only drank lipton tea bags.

>I haven't eaten instant ramen since I was a poorfag college student
Congrats. I am a poorfag STEM grad student. Please tell me your mighty ways to be savvy and no longer eat ramen twice a month.

>make my own stock so would never use a cube of flavored salt
Wow you must really share your secrets since you have all that time on your hands. Wait...are you sure you're not some NEET fag LARPing as a rich person?

>Try again, bongfag.
Try again fellow 56%er. I am an American: born, raised, and a combat vet (OEF pic related), that does not have a lot of time on my hands because I am sacrificing a few years of luxury for a better job/pay/living conditions for my family.

>inb4 poorfag
already admitted as much since I am a grad student
>inb4 wagecuck
yep, and actually contributing taxes unlike the NEET you are...uh I mean successful / bro that you are

Shit on me, and your fellow man, some more while you fap to Futa and think high-and-mighty of yourself.