For shut-ins with no social interaction, how do you avoid spiraling off into an abstract world of sociology, philosophy...

For shut-ins with no social interaction, how do you avoid spiraling off into an abstract world of sociology, philosophy, science, and math - devoid of connection to the typical plebeian with whom you desperately want to socially connect, preventing you from ever doing so?

I mean this in no /r/iamverysmart/ way but instead merely as a fact. Through studying these topics it's not hard to acquire knowledge and form beliefs that very rapidly diverge from the norm. Is this an issue? How do you handle it when you are already socially isolated, but now even if you had typical social skills you'd still be intellectually isolated?

It's a pattern of multiple forms of isolation that are just demoralizing and scary

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZupDIa9e2LE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>typical plebeian with whom you desperately want to socially connect
Whomst?

The only plebians with whom I desperately want to socially connect don't exist in the 3rd dimension

>Whomst
Whomst've

>typical plebeian >too connect socially.
Too much social interaction it's for Normie Plebs.
We are superior Autistics genius like Newton. We don't need to socialize as much as Normies.
Just socialize with Relatives & Peers ( in University/Academia/Work & Autistic Internet Forums like 4 Chan)
This moderate amount of social life is more than enough.

why do you want to avoid it ?

When you're all alone in a room how do you differentiate it from creeping psychosis?

>devoid of connection to the typical plebeian with whom you desperately want to socially connect, preventing you from ever doing so?

lel, what? Normies are worthless faggots who aren't worth my time. Plebs are nigger-tier who are miserable because they can't figure out economics or how to improve their life.

trying to differentiate it is what is creating the psychosis in the first place, you have to dive in it head first, just be careful to not kill yourself in the process

Lock yourself in a room with the lights completely off and as quiet as possible. Don't focus on your imagination but what is happening, your mind will get confused by the situation and will try to form a solution. You will either go mad from sensory deprivation and psychosis or you will focus on the fact that you're just in a room with the lights turned off. This is an important test. Don't think about wanting a successful existence or questioning one without such, don't think about women you want to fuck or the new Bethesda videogame to shitpost on /v/. Focus on your location, time, state, and being.

The solution to this problem is to only associate with people who are studying what you are. Really, there is no changing this. Once your interests become so niche they are incomprehensible to the normal person that's it, you are gone from their reality and you should take them away from yours.

If you lack emotional interaction with other human beings my suggestion would be watching anime. Deep emotional anime that will trigger the reactions real life emotions would. A good way to start this would be by watching last year's Re-life. It is about a guy who went into academia, got his Ph.D. and all but then came back into the normal world as a complete failure with no gf, no friends, and no respectable employment.

That may sound like it is cautionary tale about trying to come back into the real world after you have become an academic but it's actual main focus is tackle loneliness and depression in adults. It is pretty sad. I actually came out of it feeling so attached to the cast of characters it hurt to separate from them once the show ended. I got so close to them I considered them my personal friends... and then it was all over. But then you have other shows to watch.

In general, you should also look for romantic comedies. Romantic comedies in the west are said to be only for women but at least in japan romcoms are very varied in style, perspective and direction so you can find one that fits any arbitrary requirement you have and then enjoy yourself. Just remember that you will cry a fucking lot. Like... a LOT. I have cried more times with anime than I have about things in real life. Anime just gets my emotions out and that is why I like it so much. I can feel happy, sad, angry and all other emotions in what is basically a controlled environment that was tried and tested by an anime studio. It is like being in an emotion lab and getting a hard dose of happiness/sadness. Try it.

Oh my God what has our society come to

Arranged marriages please

This is vague so it makes no sense. Better luck next time

>Oh my God what has our society come to
Well, it is not society at large. If you are feeling lonely then the best you can do is watch a little anime.

> sociology
you mean ecology, pleb
>For shut-ins with no social interaction, how do you avoid spiraling off into an abstract world of sociology, philosophy, science, and math - devoid of connection to the typical plebeian with whom you desperately want to socially connect, preventing you from ever doing so?
you mean a schizm? i dont, their is no escaping schizotypy
cold showers, and self awareness help. just try to be mindful. I enjoy getting out, almost always alone, and seeing new things for the sake of novelty, and enjoyment in the case of the living world. Try scuba diving, backpacking, especially internationally.
>desperately want to socially connect
meh, i can fain emotional connection to people proximally close to me. even a rare sincere one to the closest, like family. The connections are always formed intellectually with no real feeling about them
>How do you handle it when you are already socially isolated, but now even if you had typical social skills you'd still be intellectually isolated?
my whole life, my whole fucking life.
ive been a part of large social network with plenty of friends and parties. The loneliness does not go away. Pretending to care is tiring. There is no faking it. Drug culture is fun, people like us should avoid weed, it feels good, but it greatly exacerbates the negative symptoms of schizophrenia.

>an abstract world of sociology
lol

Newton wasnt autistic its obvious he had Schizotypal personality disorder

>the best you can do is watch a little anime
No you can go out and meet people.

>No you can go out and meet people.

Is that really the best option? Do you not see the billions of way that could backfire on someone who has already lost touch with the real world?

you fucking talk to people and show interest in them, you autist

seeing how most of the wizchan lacks any skills whatsoever (because muh depression, muh mental issues), i wouldn't say diving too deep into sciense and alienating yourself is such a prevalent issue

as to social skills it's something you can study as well. there's a rhyme and there's a system behind all of this, not that different from scieces, you know

if you can't methodologically into people, then i doubt that you can into sciences, you fucking brainlet.

>there's a rhyme and there's a system behind all of this, not that different from scieces, you know
> methodologically into people
*stares into your eyes while pretending to smile*
*interrupts you*
*lectures everyone about the beauty of physics*
*laughs alone while everyone else cringes*
*follows everyone felling from the room*
>s.so where to now friends
>"sorry there isnt enough room for you user"
>oh c-catch you later
*walks home alone*
this kind of behavior is literally on the dsm criteria for Aspergers

Baltasar Gracian, La Rochefoucauld, Emily Post, Dale Carnegie, Keith Johnstone, truckload of 19th century etiquette guides. shit is learnable

Worst that could happen is you're acting like a weirdo/creep. But if you keep going out you'll develop social skills and you'll become less creepy. After this you can experience the true joy of social interaction and all it's benefits (for example love and sex, laughter with friends, ...).

Keep in mind we're talking about shut-ins, not about psychopaths.

its*

English is not my primary language.

Have you ever seen a shrink? If so, were you diagnosed with schizoid PD?

not since i was a teenager and no, i figured it out by myself one day when i realized i lived most of my life in a fantasy world. It was a moving experience, remembering who i really was and what world i really lived in. Over the course of the next few months i became increasingly aware of patterns in my thought processes and self-conception. Then one night while browsing wikipedia or some sort of literature as i always do i came across schizoid PD and it made alot of sense.
I haven't seen a shrink because I really dont care about an arbitrary diagnoses that wouldn't help me and my health insurance probably wouldn't cover it anyways. I haven't mentioned it to my psychiatrist out of fear he will take away my adderal, which i have been on since i was 6. I probably was misdiagnosed with ADHD and was diagnosed with Aspergers sometime after my ADHD diagnoses. A diagnoses me and my mother ignored but looking back it makes alot of sense.
Also looking back i can remember a clear schizm developing in early adulthood to deal with peer-incompatibility and grief and rage related to my lifelong love of biology.

I spent years pushing myself to be in social situations I didn't want to be in. I don't think I've ever been more miserable than during that period. If anything, it made me despise social interaction more than ever, so I'm even more of a shut-in now.

Eliminating the desire for friends/gf was much easier for me than eliminating whatever it is that makes social interaction painful.

I can definitely relate to your experiences and realizations. When I was a teenager I was sort of anxious-depressive-obsessive (if that makes any sense), never been diagnosed with anything though. In hindsight, I would say that it was like this because I had all these expectations of myself to act and feel things that don't feel "organic" to me or something like that. When I let go of these expectations, anxiety and depression subsided to the point of nonexistence, never taken any meds. Been thinking about seeing a shrink recently, though couldn't come up with any way it could potentially help me. Thought you might say something about visiting a shrink with this specific case in mind, cause you definitely sound schizoid, but apparently you saw no point in it too. Oh well.

Do you guys live in constant "manual" mode as opposed to "automatic" mode when you're out interacting in public? When I'm around people my legs don't work naturally I have to focus on every second of the walking action and it feels weird, it has been this way since I was very young, like first grade from what I can remember clearly.

I'd say that it was like this to some extent when I was anxious-depressive. Nowadays not so much, though if I haven't been in a social setting for quite some time then it might feel like this initially for a little while.

I'm like this too, I usually go outside when not many people are around because of it. Like 5:30 in the morning to go to the store just so people don't think I'm walking funny. That only happens when people are watching.

>"automatic" mode

there's an automatic mode?

>For shut-ins with no social interaction, how do you avoid spiraling off into an abstract world of sociology, philosophy, science, and math - devoid of connection to the typical plebeian with whom you desperately want to socially connect, preventing you from ever doing so?
Uh, you state that as if it were a problem.

I feel sorry for you guys.

I literally just enjoy being alone. I don't really worry about it much.

>go to church
>spend time with the people there
>eventually get a 10/10 wife and get converted to the one true religion
welcome to your new social life, and the only one you'll ever need

i have noticed that when attempting to socialize it is manual just like you say, just not quite so severe but i space out to automatic (a drone while my mind wanders) very often in "conversation". Often i have trouble remembering what my body was doing for the past 30 minutes
i find this song explains it eerily well, good band too youtu.be/ZupDIa9e2LE
>When I was a teenager I was sort of anxious-depressive-obsessive (if that makes any sense)
it does, i used to think i had social anxiety but that went right away after i started taking a lot of psychedelics and stopped giving a fuck.
ive also been increasingly interested in going to a shrink

Yeah cults can be really fulfilling for people with flawed senses of self.

>>>typical plebeian with whom you desperately want to socially connect

If you wish to catch a specific fish, you must know which lures to use. You must try to understand that specific fish to some degree, usually through interaction. But usually, when fishing, you are not going after one specific fish: any will do.

>even if you had typical social skills you'd still be intellectually isolated?

The higher you climb, the less people there will be at your level. It's similar to getting really good at a vidya game/sport to the point that there isn't any decent competition to play against.

I've gotten to the point that I appreciate expertise even if it isn't in a subject that I'm particularly good at. I almost prefer it to be something I'm not good at (more to learn).

It seems like everyone is looking for someone that is a clone of themself so they can masturbate without it being a one-person endeavor.