How do I get into cooking Veeky Forums? I just moved into my first apartment and it's barely stocked...

How do I get into cooking Veeky Forums? I just moved into my first apartment and it's barely stocked, I also have only very basic cooking skills. What are some good, cheap, and easy foods that I can make for practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/worlds-most-filling-vegan-dish-lentil-and-eggplant-chile-mole-with-cornbread/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's with people injuring themselves while cutting avocados? My wife's mom stabbed through her hand cutting an avocado, and my wife sliced her hand too. I always hold my avocado and have never stabbed myself. I don't get it

White people aren't used to food that has recognizable skin, pits, bones, eyes, etc.

They see it and they get all overzealous and go "oh, I'm a cave man now rrawwwr!" and they attack the unfamiliar thing with their tactical black anodized EDC liner lock assisted opening wharncliffe tanto drop point paracord wrapped pocket sword.

Being accustomed to only cutting things like the packing tape on their Amazon Prime boxes, they misjudge the target and usually end up hurting themselves.

Then when they get back from the emergency room they tuck into a comforting familiar MRE and wait for the shit to hit the fan and civilization to collapse so they can finally be a winner.

Back on topic ladies

>Being accustomed to only cutting things like the packing tape on their Amazon Prime boxes,

fuck, you got me

Everything is easy. It's getting multiple things ready at the same time that's difficult.

This is a pretty good cookbook for beginners. A bit junky by my standards. It's on the bay if you want to torrent a copy. Otherwise just watch cooking youtubes, look up recipes for what you want, make it happen. When you're more experiences, you'll know whether a recipe is poodoo.

>What are some good, cheap, and easy foods that I can make for practice?

What do you like to eat? Scrambled eggs are basic, but take a little practice. I like steamed vegetables, so you'd peel and cut them and then steam them. And saute some onions and mushrooms. Chopping onions is basic and useful. You have a knife? Is it sharp?

Preparing salad is easy and basic. Steam some eggs rather than hard boil them by boiling, put a steamer insert in a pot with boiling water on high heat, add eggs, steam for 12 minutes. Great on salads.

Pancakes are easy and fun to make. Make some sandwiches with tomatoes and onions and lettuce and some kind of meat. Own a mandolin? They're unsurpassed for super-thin, uniform slices of onion and perfectly shaved lettuce. Use a bread knife for tomatoes. Works great.

Get some chicken thighs and figure out how to cook them. Much more flavor than breasts.

Own any spices? Salt and pepper are obvious.

Think about what you want to eat in any given day. If you are all about getting those 3 squares each and every day start with 2 dozen eggs, 10lbs of Jasmine Rice and Quinoa, IQF Chicken Breasts, 0.5-1 lbs of Ground beef, 2L of Milk, and then produce is your pick of the litter but bananas have a lot of benefit, utility, and cost effectiveness towards your diet so they are a good start as well. If you want to make your own baked goods obviously buy a couple pounds of flour and baking powder/soda. When it comes to cooking all of these things if you have a grill, grill when you can because it's the bomb, but baking and sauteing with olive oil will be just as good to get practice with. Form each meal into 3 different parts, starch, protein, and produce, eat slow when you can leaving about 20-30 mins for masticating and digestion and stop when you start to feel full and save leftovers for next days lunch.

That's all I have off the top of my head.

>tactical black anodized EDC liner lock assisted opening wharncliffe tanto drop point paracord wrapped pocket sword

Lentils. Vegetarian, cheap, nutrition packed and stays edible for a week in the fridge. Serve with fresh baked bread - god tier! (Even if only flour, salt, yeast and water)

cbsnews.com/news/worlds-most-filling-vegan-dish-lentil-and-eggplant-chile-mole-with-cornbread/

It is tough in the beginning but you seem smart and will find your ways to cut some corners and develop rutine. Have fun!

Seconding this user. It might be worth noting that the recipes in that book are vegan, so take what you will from that. All great stuff and my favorite takeaway is freezing kitchen scraps to use for vegetable stock. Some of my favorite YT channels are Food Wishes (Chef John's voice is annoying at first but grows on you) and Cooking with Dog. Both are really easy to follow. There's also Good Eats with Alton Brown which is what helped teach me how to cook when I first started out.

Best piece of advice I can give is to follow recipes closely until you're comfortable enough to deviate away from them. Understanding how ingredients and techniques work together makes a world of difference. Good luck in the kitchen!

>No lies and sides dies.

It's just that women have poor depth perceprion.

>white people

guaranteed replies

There's no way you thought this up and typed in out in 4 minutes. This has to be pasta.

>the text is the topic not the picture
What about "imageboard" don't you understand?

I don't understand the amount of force this guy was using just to stab that pit. Even worse if he wasn't trying to do that. It looks like a shit knife, but still.

bless all of these infographs. already knew a lot of this info but some is completely new (e.g. never heard of marjoram before)

You have to be a complete retard to manage something like in OP's pic. The only thing I can think of is that he's making sure the avo is dead.

10/10. Someone needs to tweet this to BLM

Never start a thread with a picture more interesting than the thread's topic.

that pic is fake as fuck. as usual you retards act like it's real

so he struck the knife hard enough to pierce the entire seed and his hand but somehow the force of the impact didn't crush the avocado flesh between the seed and his hand sending it flying everywhere. Instead you have a perfectly undisturbed seed still sitting in a bed of soft avocado flesh.

get a fucking clue people