If you guys are so smart, then why didn't you invest in bitcoin?

if you guys are so smart, then why didn't you invest in bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought btc at $20 in 2011 right before the first major mtgox hack

It crashed thereafter to pennies and I could have bought up even more but I didn't

I sold quite a bit after the first massive spike in 2013 walked away with $20k

I still have some left and regret all of my decisions thus far but I try not to think about it too much

You can still invest in it, bit by bit, whenever there's a drop that you're confident it will recover from.

Because bitcoin is bullshit that will never take off. Can't wait till it crashes and never comes back up.

It's already taking off,passed $3k a few days ago

It is possible to make money on bubbles but it is a bit risky. I usually invest in better things

Because I dont invest.

because I invest in NEO

OP if you are so smart why didn't you invent bitcoin?

>make some good plays
>torture yourself with hindsights of perfect plays

Because I don't care about money

I have more than I'll ever spend

I did, but unfortunately I only did it about 6 months ago so I have exactly 0.03BTC. Putting my hopes in ETH and XRP instead, hoping they'll go to the moon, but not holding my breath. So far my portfolio has increased by 200%, going to leave it for a few years and see what happens, only put in a few hundred pounds to begin with so I don't really care what happens.

Because It's a scam.

I first read about it in tor in 2009, thousands of BTC flowing through HackBB for CC information and such. It was like $0.13 back then, figured it would never leave the black market. Perhaps my biggest regret in life wasn't investing in BTC back then, but I don't think there was any reasonable way to predict its spike in value and acceptance as general currency in some businesses.

because i was stupid and never did my homework when it would have been profitable to do so. God i wish i had seen ghost in the shell as a kid, i would have gone into computer science no question and probably be all over bitcoin now. Oh well

got some about 4 years ago, sold more than 4 times my original investment and still have about that much left. Now im plying with some altcoins a bit, daytrading and such to see if that works, made 20% in 10 days, then lost 5% of that over the next 10. still showing a profit so far though..

I rmemeber the first time it spiked to about fifteen bucks

if i'd had a couple grand sitting around i would have bought some bitcoin but i was living paycheck to paycheck

That doesn't mean the bubble won't burst in the future.

"if you're so smart, why ain't you rich?"

Help me pay for college, my man.

It never ends

I can't believe people are still saying this in 2017

99bitcoins.com/bitcoinobituaries/

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll..........................????????

>the first major mtgox hack

I felt super smug after that. I was one of the "bitcoin more like buttcoin amirite haw haw haw" crowd. Not sure why I was so contrarian about it. I think I just wanted to see the /g/ assholes fall flat on their faces, and that clouded my vision.

In any case I still haven't invested in crypto. If I'd gotten in when it was pennies, and held it throughout, which I wouldn't have most likely, I would be sitting on 10 million bucks right now.

I did.
Bought before the halving.
Coin is worth about 6x as much now.
Not sure if I'll wait for it to double another couple times then buy a nice house, or keep it until I'm 60 and use it to retire.

>I felt super smug after that. I was one of the "bitcoin more like buttcoin amirite haw haw haw" crowd. Not sure why I was so contrarian about it. I think I just wanted to see the /g/ assholes fall flat on their faces, and that clouded my vision.
Same. I was *that* close to just dumping another two thousand bucks when they crashed from ~$22btc to literal pennies over night (only to stay at pennies for like...i think at least three months). But I figured at the time the whole thing went to shit and was never coming back ever ever and that I'd just chalk the money I initially invested at $20 as a loss.