Hello Veeky Forums! A couple weeks ago I came here and asked all y'all what to eat during a stop in Chicago...

Hello Veeky Forums! A couple weeks ago I came here and asked all y'all what to eat during a stop in Chicago, it was a lovely city and I got to eat a bunch of good food so I am going to be posting what I got at some of the places y'all told me to check out

GENE AND JUDE'S

the most authentic hot dog spot in chicago

also harold's chicken

The first place i checked out was Eatlay and I was a little overwhelmed but walked around and ate some samples while I waited for my dinner reservations down the street

Eatlay meat and cheese

Fronterra Grill was the first place I went to eat at
Ceviche: good and I like what they did with the tostadas but not the best ceviche I've ever had
Duck: Excellent, served with a beautiful rich sauce sweet and strong at the same time, the duck was incredibly tender and well cooked, the rice was incredible creamy almost risotto that paired excellently, made little tacos of all who a dash of table House chili sauce
Price 75

Later that night I went to Berghoff for a beer and a snack.
Heffeweizen: good cold and cheap
Calves liver: good value with the meal and the beer for downtown Chicago, the liver was good but maybe could have been seasoned some more, portions huge and everything was moderately priced for the area, and was in a super neat old German esque building so thumbs up price 30

Random hot dog stand near the Fields Museum
Delicious and cheap, combo meal with chips and drink for 7 bucks and it's good as a mother fucker I love all the condoments price 7

Lukes: light and fresh a good take on a lobster roll served on a butter toasted piece of thick bread, the beer was cold and they gave me a discount because they didn't have my first choice, pricey but it is Lobster after all price 25

LA pasadita: I found myself in the west side of downtown because I wanted to check out an occult bookstore, I got to the store and couldn't afford anything so I walked around the block and saw this random place, 3 bucks a taco and you got to pick all the toppings you wanted was a pretty damn good tongue Taco and their verde hot sauce was dank price 6

Cochan Volant
Rose wine was good but overpriced, Belgium wheat beer good and good prices
The bread and whipped butter delicious course, the mussels and the sauce was so good it was a hearty tomatoe flavored yet light sauce that went well with the mussels only complaint is some of the shells didn't have meat in them but still good
Steak delicious but just a tad over cooked I'm not complaining tho, the bone morrow was not a good buy and while scrumptious it was roasted with cheese and garlic which over powered the natural taste in my opinion, the foie gras was excellent and for the price a good value it was crispy on the outside with and almost melty middle and was seasoned expertly with butter and rosemary 125

McDonald:
Chocolate shake and two strawberries "pies" , the shake was good but not very chocoately but the strawberry cream pies were flaky hot and yummy

Bonus round 1:
On my way out of town I stopped at a cheese store and got a hell of a good ham and cheese sandwhich for five dollars

thread of the century

thank you bb

I had Wendy's tonight

there ain't nothing wrong with a 444 desu

Holy shit. When I was a kid we would stop here in the summer on the way up north to Minnesota.

Haven't thought about that shit in years.

That lobster roll looks good as fuck

it was extremely delicious and the poppy slaw was on point as well

the hot dog truck on the corner of 5th and 26th

if you dont know what im talking about FUCK UOU this is genuine chicago...fag

the one i got was right next to the Fields museum which was fantastic

I guess that's the place to stop at if your car is red.

>ever ordering mussels in flyover land.
Livin' on the edge user.

Chicago is on the shores of Lake Michigan. They probably have mussels.

we do have decent sea food, its just pricey most of the time

im glad you enjoyed your visit op, and your choices seem to be good ones. im gonna have to try the calves liver sometime now

We have zebra mussels. I don't know about edible mussels.
Besides, we're a transport hub, fresh fish is generally fresh here.

the calves liver was good as fuck and the meal would have been cheaper if i didn't drink three beers with it

Chicago is nothing but a crime ridden nigger infested hell-hole that should be razed into a blanket of ash.

Quality thread, OP.

bump for tnt

>Cochan Volant
This is a place i see myself enjoying (what fine bread) as for the other places maybe meh. I despise Okie rendition mexican food these days, the chi-dog looked like something id love, lobster roll ill pass desu, NOW! EAT ALY this is a place to leave some coin in my book
Please share what was hauled from this "eat aly" place as well whatever else was on must have list

a good meal is always worth it imo. hope you can come back sometime and explore some more. good korean food on the northside and really good mexican in pilsen