I need a quick rubdown on how to make some totally radical potato salad

I need a quick rubdown on how to make some totally radical potato salad.

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/videos/search?q=don law the state&qs=AS&pq=don law the &sc=5-12&cvid=1814BC472B0D40AE9AAD577571CE5C64&sp=1&ru=/search?q=don+law+the+state&qs=AS&pq=don+law+the+&sc=5-12&cvid=1814BC472B0D40AE9AAD577571CE5C64&FORM=QBRE&sp=1&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=8A55F930EBE4206DB83D8A55F930EBE4206DB83D&FORM=WRVORC&PC=MOZB
youtube.com/watch?v=V-nzJtAJLL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use aioil

Bacon and cider vinegar.

Boil the potatoes, skin on until you can easily push a skewer through it. While they cool whisk together some mayo, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Dice some other veggies (red pepper, cucumber, carrot) as well as the cooled, skinned, potatoes. Cut the potatoes larger than bitesized, theyll fall apart when you mix it all together. Thats pretty much the basics, add whatever else you want.

add pickle brine

Add some C-4 and read the quran aloud to it.

Have you ever mixed potato salad with egg salad?

If it takes less than three days you did it wrong

Add grated egg to the dressing, gives it more texture and makes it heartier.

No fucking mustard, for starters. Bacon, celery, green onion, potatoes, sugar, vinegar, water, and a tiny bit of the bacon grease

>sugar

Call Don Law, he can make you some new potato salad.

bing.com/videos/search?q=don law the state&qs=AS&pq=don law the &sc=5-12&cvid=1814BC472B0D40AE9AAD577571CE5C64&sp=1&ru=/search?q=don+law+the+state&qs=AS&pq=don+law+the+&sc=5-12&cvid=1814BC472B0D40AE9AAD577571CE5C64&FORM=QBRE&sp=1&view=detail&mmscn=vwrc&mid=8A55F930EBE4206DB83D8A55F930EBE4206DB83D&FORM=WRVORC&PC=MOZB

>boiling potatoes
never, ever boil potatoes. use a steamer

make something else instead because potatoes are shit

>never, ever boil potatoes
what a cu/ck/ thing to say

>not broiling or pan roasting
>1977 + 30

Un. Fucking. Believable.

> + 40

Potato boilers are even farther behind than I thought...

White potatoes
Eggs in a 1:1 ratio w the potatoes
Boil the white potatoes w their jackets on
Steam the eggs for 12 min, shell
Green onions
Little bit of mustard
Little bit of pickle relish
Little bit of salt
1 lb of bacon cooked semi-crisp and chopped
Some dill weed
Needs to sit overnight
Fucking awesome.

OH FUCK I FORGOT THE MAYONNAISE

nah steamed is better and keeps a little texture

pan roasting? broiling potatoes??? wtf?

I mean I'd rather bake my tates thats god tier but I've never done broiling or pan roasting.

cubing up some tates, then baking them like hash browns/whatever and then turning that into a mashed potato salad actually prob would be amazing. or doing half steamed, half baked.

idk. potato salad is kind of a side item. add bacon and hard boiled egg, really really finely chopped jalepeno and celery/carrot (VERY finely chopped, minced) and some cooked garlic, cayenne lightly, and (perhaps) some very tiny cubes of mozerella. do the rest of the salad the normal way with generic yellow mustard and such. might be amazing.

Horseradish and capers along with the usual stuff.

use turnip instead of potato
thank me later

I'm half Eurolandian and half USican, so I have my mum's two potato salad recipes and my dad's one.

Dad's:
boil eggs
remove yolks
mash boiled yolks and mix with amerimustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chopped onion, chopped carrot, chopped celery, chopped boiled eggwhite, chopped sweet gherkins (if in Ameriland, use sweet pickle relish) and salt
boil potatoes, peeled or not, until just under done, then drain and toss with the dressing and vegetables
let sit in the bowl, covered with clingfilm, until cooled, then store in the fridge a few hours
remove clingfilm and dust with paprika

Mum's 1:
Boil potatoes in a mixture of vinegar and water until just under done.
Drain and dress with olive oil, sliced garlic, fresh parsley and salt.
Let sit until cool then fridge until ready to serve.

Mum's 2:
Make a mustard vinaigrette and salt it generously.
Boil potatoes, drain and toss with vinaigrette, chopped onion, chopped, cooked smoked streaky bacon (speck) and dill.
Let sit until cool, then fridge until ready to serve.
When I make this one, I use the render from cooking the bacon as the fat for making the vinaigrette but my mother just uses sunflower oil, saving the bacon grease for other things.

Okay very important thing: cut everything super small.

Another important thing: peel all vegetables after they have cooked.

Make sure to include, of cours, potatoes. Also carrots, gherkins (not cooked and from brine not vinegar), eggs, any other stuff you like.

Cut it all super small, add pepper, salt, and A GOOD BRAND of mayo. Or homemade mayo if you have it.

But not too much. After adding two spoons of mayo, taste the salad, then add more until it's good.

Mmmmmmm...

>saucepan, butter, teaspoon of flour, olive oil, pinch of pepper, minced garlic, nutmeg and cumin.
>medium low heat, everything but flour, let it infuse and the garlic just entering golden brown.
>Add flour, mix until well mixed with oils.
>Add water and cream in equal parts, roux that shit, add a shitton of fresh dill if you have it, dried one is ok. Aim for a creamy pudding.

>Boil your minced potatos in just enough water to cover with garlic (do not even peel them) and parsley.
>when its done peel the boiled garlics and MIX EVERYTHING SMASH.

Also add mozarella or some shit.

Thats goin to be nice shit dawg.

Your Mum's #2 looks really good. I don't like the sugar bomb style in the US. I' m going to try that one.

question from an amerilard

do other countries eat hot potato salad with vinegar/salt/herbs? i considered making it, but all we eat here is mayo drenched cold potato salad

Thanks! To be fair, my dad doesn't add sugar itself, but there is some sugar (or corn syrup?) in American sweet pickle relish. He doesn't really put enough of it to make the salad sweet, really, just enough so that, in conjunction with the carrots, it acts as a counterbalance to the lemon juice. The whole thing really does taste quite nice, really.

Both of the ones my mother makes can be served warm, but not hot, really. When I make her second one, using bacon grease instead of oil, I have to make the vinaigrette warm so that the grease is liquid rather than solid. Because the grease solidifies at certain temperatures, when made with bacon render, the salad shouldn't be fridged at all and only be served at room temperature.

>minced potatoes
Which reminds me. My dad cuts the potatoes somewhere in size between a cube and a large dice. My mother's salads both have a more rough/rustic (to go into meme regions with the descriptions) cut to them and are generally much, much larger. Whereas dad's potatoes are cut to about 2cm^3, mum's are more like 5cm^3.

youtube.com/watch?v=V-nzJtAJLL4

Yeah men just try different ways. I like to cut it into medallions. The more "whole" you do the potato, different textures appear and even the rate of absortion of the sauce. For example minced and boiled will "slip" more crom the sauce while whole potatos diced after cooking will absorb it more becausw the potato its kinda "more broken". You know how this goes, everytjing matters.

>do other countries eat hot potato salad with vinegar/salt/herbs?

My mother's family is from Denmark; they would often make potato salad like you described. They'd use vinegar, mustard (powder), chives, dill, salt and pepper.

I'm Danish and I grew eating this a lot. It's good but if you expect it to be anything like cold potato salad you'll be disappointed.

Ill agree with those who say steaming your potatoes is almost always better, but i dont own a steamer and don't feel like hacking one together

>Hacking one together

It's as simple as placing pic in a pan wih a layer of water underneath. I have faith even you can handle that.

Yup. This is my go to recipe

New potatoes, chorizo, sherry vinegar and wholegrain mustard dressing, loads of chopped fresh parsley and mint.

A steamer is a complete waste of money and space. Just use the tool that you use to drain things in the sink, the thing with all the holes in it where you pour pasta, and put it into a pot. Works exactly the same.

Sweet recipes. Thanks for sharing. So on your mum's first recipe, what's the ratio for the vinegar and water?

I'll try this next time i make mashed potatoes. Ive seen those fanning things in the stores, i might pick one up if the colandar method doesnt work