Why is a fucking tire company the premier judge of high end restaurants?

Why is a fucking tire company the premier judge of high end restaurants?

Bibendum is fat, and therefore eats a lot of food. He knows what's up.

The jews.

Everything you asked and more here...

It's a french company, they know everything about food.

It's actually quite interesting-

People drive long distances to go to restaurants. Driving wears down tires. Michelin sells tires. C'est une solution alambiquée qui peut venir uniquement d'un français.

>Why is a company involved with transportation interested in providing travel guides?

Ask a stupid question...

Yes, why isn't United Airlines the standard of the food industry?

By the way, you sound like an idiot. And to OP, look it the fuck up.

Because travel guides were necessary long before commercial aviation, and Michelin was smart enough to pioneer the trend?

But what do I know? I'm not a smart user like you, who answers every question with 'look it the fuck up'.

>getting a bite to eat at 30,000ft.

wooo lad.

And yet you still make stupid-ass posts.

this whole fuckin thread is stupid retard ur not special neither am i, im just another fuckin retard now for even responding to this shit thread, hope ur fuckin happy

pee pee fachina!

>Ask stupid questions...

Most people don't use tires in their cooking so Michelin is an impartial judge. Would you trust Nestle to review restaurants?

Because they wrote travel guides, on account of there being basically no way to tell if anywhere would make you sick or not back in the early days of motoring.

>be French tire company
>want people to drive a lot so they buy more tires
>create guide of best restaurants in France so people drive there to try them

why does a steak salesman run the white house

>tire company
>wounded man in bandages on logo

tyre*

It was about a hundred years ago, cars just became a thing. Michelin was a tire company in France run by two brothers who liked to drive around and eat. They'd drive around France going to the top restaurants and they'd keep score of their culinary escapades. They started publishing their guides and selling them in their stores.

It was the first culinary guide of its kind, and since only rich people owned cars back then, it became very prestigious.

Why is it still so respected? They've been at the top of the food review'n game over a decade.

Now be fair user: a *failed* steak salesman.

Hey guys let's play spot the Libcucks! Found em'! Aw man, that was too easy!

over 10 years gee whiz

>this triggered over an offhand joke
go back to your safespace

>916916
nice

do you eat your steaks with ketchup too?

Kek

Noice

>trumpanzee

KEK

>there's only one way to have steak
>there are six million genders

Hon hon hon.

No, actually. I like mine rare with salt and pepper. Nice try though! Do you want a cookie, or a sticker?

>Nice try though! Do you want a cookie, or a sticker?
No unlike you trumpcucks I don't need a "participation trophy."

Then why are you jumping on the pepe-posting bandwagon?

in the late 1800s in France Michelin printed guides about how to change their tires and shit along with travel guides, including restaurant recommendations. as time went on, the things became more about the restaurant recommendations than about fixing tires.

the main reason they've come to be well respected is because they've been doing it a long time, as is true for many industries

This. Back in the day only rich people had cars. And rich French people were very particular about where they ate. Having a guide to the country's top restaurants in your car just made sense. From the tire company's perspective they'd sell more tires if people put more miles on their cars to visit those restaurants. And given how French people behave the idea really wasn't much of a stretch.

When driving became a more egalitarian thing it was Michelin's radial tires that helped shaped the design of the iconic cheap French car, the 2CV. And in typical French fashion one version offered pop out seats that became lawn chairs and a picnic table, so those who didn't have the money to eat at Michelin starred places could drive it out to the country and have a picnic.