Anyone know why delicacies so to speak stop tasting as good after you've had them lots of times?

Anyone know why delicacies so to speak stop tasting as good after you've had them lots of times?

My personal example. This is not a delicacy but whatever. I used to really "love" Guinness beer, it was really thick and tasted strong as fuck to me, I could barely get it down, but every sip tasted heavy like I was eating something but in drink form

Now it just legitimately tastes like water to me almost, I've probably had 2 Guinness a month for the past year and my palette has reformed so it's no good anymore, it's kind of boring

How do you get back the old tastes

I used to drink Guinness but now it tastes like burn coffee.

I think it's just guiness getting legitimately worse over the past few years

If you're ever in Dublin,drink Guinness. It seems to only taste good in Dublin.

>palette
Retard.

This is honestly my experience as well.
A Guinness in a Dublin pup is very different from one abroad. And more different still from the stuff in cans obviously.
Don't limit yourself to Guinness if you do go, though. There are many nice stouts to try out, most of them more characterful than Guinness.

I was talking about my incoming liquors and spirits palettes. You fucking retard.

Try again.
Retard.

Guinness went shite since Diageo took it over and went pandering to the vegans in the UK (not kidding, look up the fish bladder thing).

If ever you're over in Dublin, go to the Porterhouse and try their own stouts, particularly the Plain and Wrassler's. Better by far, boyo.

Alternatively, head out to the west to real Ireland and try the West Mayo Brewery beers. Good stuff.

t. stout drinking Irishman.

locals don't even drink Guinness, stupid tourists

The locals don't read Joyce either in my experience.

yeah he was an overrated hack

Guinness is watery shite tbqh

That's total BS, I went to Ireland and that's by far the most popular beer.

Also, I will clear up a couple things. There are two main types of Guinness, Draught and Extra Stout. The former is thin, weakly carbonated, and is what you get when it comes on top. Extra Stout comes in glass bottles and it's richer and has more carbonation.

Also, the Guinness tastes exactly the same in Ireland and the US.

And I'm surprised that Draught is by far the more popular of the two types in Ireland, considering Extra Stout is the original and more flavorful.

I recommend McGargle's, the Pale Ale in particular.

I want an Irish girl with a nice round ass to sit on my face

Guiness used to taste distinctly different in Ireland because it was unpasteurized and cask conditioned. Nowadays it's all in metal kegs under nitro so it tastes exactly the same anywhere in the world.

t.fag who never leaves the house

All people drink here is Guinness or Bulmers

>Irish
>round ass

Bait, or naive?

If you ever find yourself in the Southwest, try this stout. It's one of the richest beers you'll ever drink (the name says it all, really).

Yeah when I went to Ireland most peoplr were drinking Guinness

I asked a local for a beer recommendation and he unironically said Heineken, so I instead just chose a random beer (Cute Hoor) and it was good.

He must have been fucking with you.

You're describing two different things.

Eating something delicious too often makes it taste less good because it becomes normal instead of something special, your senses can't be amazed by something that happens often in any aspect of life.

However what you're describing is loving something that's entry level and expecting it to impress you over and over, instead of moving onto something more complex to suite the level your palate is on.

Try a stout that higher up and you'll be satisfied. But drink it too often and you will get just bored of it (like you think you have with Guinness), after a break it will be just as satisfying though.

Try smithswicks that gave me back the taste. although the head still isn't the same, the taste is better.

this is the post of someone genuinely stupid. everyone, point and laugh at this poster

From WMB, I like the Clew Bay Sunset, draft, myself. Nothing better after climbing the Reek down at the Tavern in Murrisk.

Guinness tastes like soy sauce in my mouth. I can't drink it, even though I like other thicc beers.

I swear he wasn't, he was totally serious.

It's not like most people in Ireland are craft beer afficianados.

Also, there's a bar in my town in New York and thr bartenders are all from Ireland, they serve 20 craft beers but this one guy who I ususally see there only drinks Krombacher and Stella Artois.

Some Irish girls have nice butts

Guinness Draught is thin, though. It's also flat.

This is true, unfortunately

get good, it's you who is the hack

That wasn't the beer you were tasting. It was your opinion of what you thought the beer was supposed to taste like that you were tasting.

Because Guinness is a really bland stout, with little appeal beyond the wide availability
If I gave a rural uzbek man some McDons, then he would be amazed. Not by merit but because he would never have had such a comfort food

Guinness Extra Stout is not bland

Draught is