Do you put milk in your scrambled eggs...

Do you put milk in your scrambled eggs? Everytime I visit my parents I end up cooking a big breakfast and my dad always shits on my eggs when I don't use milk. He says they're too dry. Have I been fucking up? How do you make your eggs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aTOQ5My18k4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just make them the way you like, there are many ways to prepare eggs and all of them are valid so long as they are to someone's taste.

>too dry
how the fuck are you drying them if you're using oil, being mindful of temperature and not overcooking?!?

Eggs start off wet. If they're too dry then you're overcooking them. Use lower heat and remove them from the heat before you think they're ready, they'll continue to cook in the hot pan while it's off the stove.

He's literally the only person who complains about my cooking in the group of 8 people that eat my food regularly. I'm starting to think that he's fucking with me because I use to be a shitter that would serve burnt, salty eggs a decade ago.

I cook them for a short amount of time on low-medium. I'll try taking them off earlier.

what if you dad hates you for being a dissapointment and not for your eggs?

I didn't think my feelings could get hurt here. Good job, user.

Yes and I also use a bit when making omelettes. I find it helps a tiny bit, but I have no problem making them without milk.

>literally the only person who complains about my cooking in the group of 8 people that eat my food regularly

News flash: different people have different preferences. Sounds like you found an outlier.

no, sour cream

I do Chef John's method. Which is probably Julia Child's method. Make them custardy. Plenty of butter. Little bit of chive. S&P at the end. If he says they're dry, it's because you're adopted, and he doesn't want you. Here's the video.
>youtu.be/aTOQ5My18k4

I do sometimes. Your dad probably complains about a lot of things?

Try using single cream and frying it in beef dripping. You're welcome.

no, but scramble them in the pan. I always end up with dry eggs if I pre-scramble them. You also might be cooking them too fast.

adding milk only bulks it out. it dilutes the flavour and doesn't actually affect the texture of the egg significantly. if you want 'moist' egg use more fat and don't overcook them.

there are a million different ways to make scrambled eggs and anyone who has just one way and swears by it and thinks they make the best scrambled eggs is a huge faggot.

it's no one's method user.

Fair. I had this style for breakfast. I didn't have chive but they still came out really good. I like my scrambled eggs this way. Only thing I worry about is fussy eaters who think the egg is undercooked. They're more used to the dried out, yellow booger look that you find in most places.

Put them in spaghetti and BOOM... You've got Chinese food. Too dry? Just add more ketchup.

Just serve him either a raw egg or and overly milky egg and post the pics.

I just made eggs with butter before coming here and I really love butter and Julia for standing up for butter. I used oil for a long time and something nothing compares to butter. Interesting that cooking with butter requires actual attention. Probably says something about the quality of ingredients.

>Probably says something about the quality of ingredients.

it contains milk solids and is not pure fat.

Mmm love me some milk solids. Don't give me that ghee bullshit.

A little bit of milk does change the texture for the better in my opinion. Unless your dad wants soppy scrambled eggs, a splash of milk won't hurt none. Or a bit of water. It does the same thing.
Or just keep doing what you're doing and make your dad's in a separate pan or tell him to do it himself if he's gonna bitch about it. Crack down like mom.
>If I make it, you're eating it or nothing at all!

butter and a bit of canola oil > med high heat > scramble in the pan > don't leave on the heat constantly > cook slowly > nob of butter or some cream before finishing > fresh parsley to finish

Use a tablespoon of creme fraiche for every 4 eggs. Creamy and delicious.

just look up how julia child or jacques pepin do it. thats how you should do it

use a little butter to cook them in. milk in eggs is kinda gross imo

that shit looks radioactive

A little butter and a little milk, yeah. If i've got sour cream i'll use that instead of milk though, it makes it a bit fluffier and creamier.

This post confirms This post.