What's the meta with cheese toasties? Is it weird to have them with onions like in pic related?

What's the meta with cheese toasties? Is it weird to have them with onions like in pic related?

cheese tastes good. so do onions. whatever you like, man.

The only wierd part is that you didn't cook the onions first.

cook the onions in the pan, then throw the bread over it to press the onions into the bread while you grill it.

no
yes

what in the fuck is a cheese toastie?

Clue's in the name, dipshit.
Ever heard of Google?

Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't call it a Grilled Cheese apparently.

>What's the meta with cheese toasties?
Poor people food, or just for lazy people with no skills whatsoever.

Grilled cheese with tomato soup is good af

....or just a simple snack.

Nah. Raw onion is fine for toasties. And general cheese/bread relatedness.

If I were making this in OPs place, I think I'd prefer a cheese on toast thing.
>toast bread first
>lightly butter toast
>add topping to both slices
>put under grill until you're happy with it

The only difficult thing is deciding which way round you want the topping.
Cheese underneath gives you slightly browned onions.
Cheese on top gives you onions lightly steamed inside a cheesy prison.

>get a load of this guy
Here's one of those folks who thinks every item of food or drink HAS to be some michelin starred, hand-crafted by ewoks, plated on a novelty cutting board cullinary masterwork.

Jesus Christ I hope your the bait

A Cheese Toastie is nullshit, not like the good and American Grilled Cheese

Cheese Toastie is fucking COON cheese from Australia

Grilled cheese is fried in butter, makes it delicious, and better

So you eat fried cheese sandwiches? Where does the grill part come into your cooking?

>Where does the grill part come into your cooking?

The term "Grill" refers to "plancha grill", also known as a griddle or a flat-top. Since most people don't have a commercial restaurant flattop in their homes we use a frying pan instead.

So it's a fried cheese sandwich then.

it's grilled, on a griddle, ass face
you don't fry in butter

Don't waste your time. He's just mad because he didn't know what a plancha grill was.

Don't tell me. Tell You even said yourself, you use a frying pan.

>You even said yourself, you use a frying pan.

Since when does what "I" use have anything to do where the name of the dish comes from?

Do you also sperg out when people drive on parkways and park on driveways? What other common terms trigger your sperghead?

When most people make grilled cheese sandwiches they us a dry griddle or cast iron skillet without oil and smear butter, olive oil or mayonaise on the outer bread slices then place on the hot surface. Thus, it isn't frying because the pan is dry.

1) I see mayo used much more rarely than butter.
2) If there's fat between the bread and the pan then you're frying it. Just because you apply the butter/mayo to the bread instead of the pan doesn't mean shit.

How spergie are you when you do not even understand the English language. Fried is fried and grilled is toasted.

Oh, and a grill over there is a barbecue aswell. Do you ever barbecue your grilled cheese sandwiches?

The bread is coated in oils/fats. That means it is frying.

Frying only counts when there's already oil in the pan. If you roast a leg of ham, you're not frying it just because the fat runs out of and over the surface, pedant.

Do you roast a leg of ham on the stove top? No. You put it in an oven and roast it.

What is an oven if not 5 stoves and a door?

>Frying only counts when there's already oil in the pan.

So if I put sliced/diced onions into a pan and then added oil and heated the pan, what Iam i doing to the onions?

An oven is a sandwich

You really need to learn English. Do you even know what a stove is?

Do you?

kek

If camping or living wild, it can mean a single heating instrument. When it is applied to a domestic situation it refers to the top of the cooker. Know as the stove top or hob.

why are you arguing about whether or not it's fried when the post that actually started this whole exchange explicitly acknowledged that it is?

That shouldn't make me want to vomit, but it kinda does. You don't do that with onion, like, ever.

Because truth is important. Sorry (not sorry) if that offends you.

mustard is good on cheese toasties with onion

So is Marmite.