We need a comfy Moomin thread. Who's your favorite character, Veeky Forums?

We need a comfy Moomin thread. Who's your favorite character, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiXUhcz303U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

From what I understand Moomins are some kind of Finnish "meme." I'd like to know more but you're going to have to explain it to me. Is it related to "Return the slab"?

Snufkin's got it all figured out

Hmm, Moomins are characters created by Tove Jansson, Finnish author. She wrote short stories, comics and there is an animated series (also some movies). Although Moomin stories are for kids, many adults like them because they are very deep and comfy. I used to watch the anime when I was a kid and found the stories and comics just some years ago, since then I've tried to find all Tove Jansson books (not only the moomin series, she wrote novels for adults that are pretty good). Give them a try, user. I suggest starting with Tales from Moominvalley.

The Hobgoblin, who isn't really a hobgoblin.

So is the Moomin's house supposed to be a lighthouse? It seems too far away from the sea to function as one.

This isn't /co/.

Eh, it has been ages since I read some of the moomin books as a kid and a teen. I do remember them being very comfy. Maybe I'll re-read one one day.

Aren't the books much longer than just short stories tho, 150 or so pages is already a short novel, ain't it

No, this is Veeky Forums and these are books, bitch.

I'm going to take your recommendation, fucker. Anyone know if bookdepository.com will ship to me in good faith if I'm in the US or will they poop in my package or something like that?

The further you go, the less the stories are for kids. The book about papa's memoir is already more enjoyable for an adult.

Any European or Japanese children's books and comics will be subject to the new Trump Degeneracy Tarrif.

Yeah, some count more as novels, other are short stories but about the same characters.

Yes, I've ordered a lot of them (and many other books) from Book Depository. You might also want to check Better World Books, shipping is also free, they're in the US and you can find new books but also a lot of cool old editions (and really cheap). I personally prefer the old editions of Moomins cause the covers were cozier.

True, Moomin Pappa is one of my favorite characters actually.

Absolutely Snufkin.
>the most important thing is to know your own mind

I'm reading these with my kids now.

lmao what dope fiends

I want to do this if I ever have kids.

>be me
>Veeky Forums Kino enthusiast
>See moomins at family video
>the fuckizishit?
>decide to give it a try
>"Well, moomintroll, all of life is going to be destroyed out by the comet. You will die, as will your momma, poppa, and all of your friends, in a fiery explosion of pain and horror that will snuff out all life in an instant."
>F
>U
>C
>K
>THAT
>S
>H
>I
>T
>moomins on thin-ass ice, but keep watching
>narrator keeps spouting weird ass melancholic shit
>"Mr. Tratsnfratsn is a silly man to moomintroll because he foolishly believes that the ground beneath ones feet can be owned."
>narrator goes full commie, lampooning capitalistic concepts.
>I'm a fucking edgelord middle-class white boi commie supporter but this is too much for even me
>crying in fear and paranoia, bet girlfriend and friends to turn it off

Fair to say I was stoned at the time but I still think it was creepy ass shit.

Wait ... are Finns cucks or is it just the Swedes? Important to know before I look further into these little niggas. Are the Danish cucks? RIP Scandinavia.

youtube.com/watch?v=KiXUhcz303U
finns are open nazis

Finns are the opposite of cucks. One of the few uncucked euro nations

My five year old adores the books. It's amazing how much they make her laugh. But they also introduce new ways of thinking and bring in some good quality humanism (Moominmamma is lovely). And they always bring a smile to my face so it's something we can genuinely enjoy together. Jansson is based.

Cuuuuuck...

>I'm a lonely midget who can't stand the happiness of others

FTFY

fucking americans i swear

I like all of the characters for different reasons. Snufkin is just too charming. Moomin Papa is dope. I mostly identify with Too-Ticky.

Better ally with the nazis than be a dirty commie.

No, they just like the house that way. Though they do have a nearby lighthouse island they go visit at times.