Is this the most bizarre result in physics?

Is this the most bizarre result in physics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0xI2oNEc1Sw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_theorem
youtube.com/watch?v=nmC0ygr08tE
youtu.be/8ORLN_KwAgs?t=50s
youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuvK-od647c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, the most bizarre result in physics is when a physicist asks a girl for sex and she says yes

this and em drive are

we will eventually be able to transmit information faster than light and travel close to the speed of light

brainlet here but couldn't this be a result of them operating in higher dimensions?

like two dots on the opposite sides on an arc of paper could seem very far away from 2D creatures but 3D creatures can fold the paper and set them next to another

like maybe they're just next to eachother looking from a higher dimension

Entangled particles can't influence each other. In other words, you can't send information using entanglement.

No because we are talking about an instant change here, not just a change that takes a shorter amount of time

how do you know they are entangled then

They do influence each other, but this is why you can't use it to send information instantly:
youtube.com/watch?v=0xI2oNEc1Sw

He is just wrong

I thought the EM drive was tested in a vacuum and it didn't work.

No, its just conservation of momentum and humans misunderstanding what electron spin actually is.

test

>muh quantum

Haha, those nerd autists will never have a sense of humour like you, that gets you laid 24/7.

Delayed choice quantum eraser.
Measurement affects past history of entangled particles.

How do we know the particles don't agree on which states to collapse to beforehand?

Yeah except quantum entenglement cannot be used to transmit information so no.

Experimental violation of Bell's inequalities.

No, recent tests have demonstrated them to not only tangle through space, but through time as well.

I even recalled where I wrote down some notes of it in my free time:
- Author: Anil Ananthaswamy

- Einstein: “Spooky action at a distance”
-> Quantum particles can ‘influence’ each other regardless of how far apart they are

- New finding indicates that influence not only extends over distance, BUT also time.
- Joachim von Zanthier of Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany + colleagues showed, in
principle, that entanglement could also work for particles that never existed in the same
time frame
- Experiment performed by Hagia Eisenberg of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem,
-> Done via a process called an ‘entanglement swap’

*wrote down some notes of a test conducted examining this phenomenon:

Superdeterminism makes people sad, therefore it's false.

>quantum entanglement makes it so you can discern the state of a particle based off the state of another particle entangled to it
>except if you measure any of them, so you can't use it to exchange information
how did they even came up with this in the first place, then?

Isn't it just easier to assume that there are hidden variables? What's wrong with those theories?

Couldn't you use a double-slit style experiment on one of the entangled particles to determine if the other particle had been measured?
(In this case the two "slits" correspond to two possible measured states, e.g. up/down)

It would go something like this:

1. Split the entangled particles into groups of, say, 100

2. The transmitter either measures the entangled property for all his particles in a group ("1"), or doesn't ("0")

3. The receiver then fires all his particles in a group through the double-slit experiment. If no measurement occurred, then the particles will hit the detector at the far end according to an interference pattern ("0"). If a measurement occurred, then the path of each particle is known and they'll hit the detector in two clusters ("1").
(Assume the size of the group is large enough to determine the pattern.)

Message successfully transmitted.

You're 50 years late to the party brah.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_theorem

You would still have to wait for the entangled particles to travel the distance between transmission stations at C wouldnt you? Ive never understood how quantum entanglement could imply FTL communication anyway.

>There is a way to escape the inference of superluminal speeds and spooky action at a distance. But it involves absolute determinism in the universe, the complete absence of free will. Suppose the world is super-deterministic, with not just inanimate nature running on behind-the-scenes clockwork, but with our behavior, including our belief that we are free to choose to do one experiment rather than another, absolutely predetermined, including the ‘decision’ by the experimenter to carry out one set of measurements rather than another, the difficulty disappears. There is no need for a faster-than-light signal to tell particle A what measurement has been carried out on particle B, because the universe, including particle A, already ‘knows’ what that measurement, and its outcome, will be.
Is there a statement of this argument that doesn't involve such blatantly false notions as "free will"?

Quantum tunneling is weirder.
this

Apparently not because some asshat quantum physicist said so. I still havent seen much much hard evidence proving such claims.
>muh bell inequality theorem
>muh quantum mechanics
Newtonian physics predicts the effects of gravity quite nicely in almost all scenarios without really knowing whats going on. In a few years we will jump ship to pilot wave theory after much buttblastedness from scientists who unknowingly wasted their lives.

>much much
Damn i need some sleep.

>pilot wave
my nigga
youtube.com/watch?v=nmC0ygr08tE

No one but contrarians takes superdeterminism seriously, because it pretty much invalidates all of science.

How so?

That's because they're not "entangled", they're an unique system described by an unique wave function

No because the receiver is doing his own new double slit experiment with his set of particles, the results won't be affected by the original entangled property.
>blatantly false is an argument

>>blatantly false is an argument
Please prove that free will exists, the burden of proof is on you.

you're the one who called it blatantly false so you can shove your burden of proof up your ass

Not an argument.

>Not an argument.
blatantly false

K... I think I got it. Bell's theorem rules out local hidden variables. But pilot wave theory suggests non-local hidden variables. So the two are compatible. There may be hidden variables, but the particles themselves do not have the property.

Both pilot wave and Copenhagen are mad spoopy. It's like some 4th spatial dimension shit.

Leggett inequalities rule out non-local hidden variables.

Chinese people teleported a photon from lab to space. Photon = information

This takes the weirdness one notch further

youtu.be/8ORLN_KwAgs?t=50s

From what I'm reading there is some criticism with experimental results on this one.

Well regardless of this stupid argument about free will, there still should be a valid rejection of superdeterminism that doesn't involve free will. I don't think many scientists would accept an argument that hinges on something which doesn't even have a coherent definition, and is not falsifiable.

I thought it was when a physicist works outside the convex hull of all atoms comprising a McDonald's restaurant.

Makes perfect since if you look at the math, specifically if you look at it as a quantum field with a specific concerned quantity.

Lets see how far I can dumb it down.

Its like taking 2 mice and giving them a small bucket of red paint, and a small bucket of blue paint. they then divide the paint under themselves and decide to later paint there biker mice helmets. You then put each mouse, plus his paint, plus his unpainted helmet into a shoe box. One (call him Throttle) you keep in your shed, the other one (Vinnie) you send on a rocket to Mars.

A couple of things can now happen, lets start with the classical situation, you open your box on earth and look at the painted helmet. you see its blue since you only gave enough paint for a single helmet per color, you know the one on mars is red. The 'entanglement' between the 2 helmets now collapsed into 2 specific red and blue states. So far its completely non-bizarre.

Heres a second situation that shows a quantum effect that makes it different from just not knowing if its red or blue: Half way on his trip, Vinnie meets the box of a third guy (Lawrence). Their boxes are held together so thay can talk. Lawrence is an asshole and will kill Vinnie if his paint bucket isnt at least 75% blue paint. Lets put a constraint on the colors if the helmets, it cant be half red and half blue, it must be a solid color. Whats the chance Lawrince kills Vinnie? classically it would be 50%, he has either blue or red paint. In quantum mechanics however the paint buckets can keep a combination of different colors, so Lawrence will only kill him 25% of the time.

After this whole thing you open your box on earth, remember that the helmets can only be red or blue, and must still be different colors. Even though the paint bucket was 25% red and 75% blue, the moment it touches the helmet it will make the helmet completely red OR blue, as if it was just a single color paint.

get it?

God I hope you are trolling

sorry, referenced the wrong guy with the trolling comment.

Why is quantum entanglement so difficult to understand. The particles are UNITED, you can NOT think of them as separate, they occupy different time/space locations but remain united.
Stop with the action at a DISTANCE, they are also united in TIME, so you can do quantum entanglement across time as well as distance
(space/time is 4D). When you observe one of the particles you are observing "a part" of the unity.

"free will" is the most retarded concept ever
>if things are random instead of determined then my decisions are due to my free will
lmao

GO BACK TO PLEBBIT. NO ONE LIKES YOU HERE

Results as the GHZ experiment, or the "Mermin Peres magic square" demonstrate entaglement and why it is impossible to have particles states fixed before they are separated, without using Bell's theorem ()they are very easy to inderstand, google them for yourself).
Google

you are such a doofus

but superdeterminism isn't falsifiable either, unless the initial conditions of the universe set it up to be disproven

>It invalidates science, therefore its wrong.
t. brainlet

>Is this the most bizarre result in physics?

There's is no reason to believe physics must be local except for it clashing with fedoras' world view.

"teleported" =/= teleported

>How so?
Because superdeterminism means that the "independent variable" is not actually independent.

Because it can be used to explain away the results of any scientific theory. Don't like the idea of a causal mechanism dictating speciation and other evolutionary processes? Don't worry, there just happen to be local realistic influences that are making it seem like evolution occurs when it's just an incredible confluence of coincidences occurring at just the right time every time! Using superdeterminism to explain away a result that we don't like because it clashes with our classical intuitions is retarded and unscientific

What's the need of FTL communication anyways?

for when em drive powers us to other planets

This delusion...

All these teleportation memes can be used only with a quantum part and a classical part. So no. Not faster than light.

Nothing is impossible for God.

>I thought
That is where you went wrong.

Creating a rock so big that he can't lift it

what field are you in to know all this?

I believe quantum entanglement is something completely different.

I can not prove it with math, so you can say I'm wrong and a retard, and I might be both...

I believe both "entangled" photons are two sides of a 4th dimensional coin, which can be in two 3D places at the same time, but we see a different face.

This is obviously too simplistic, and doesn't explain how particles can be "entangled" if they already are parts of the same "object"....

So, feel free to call me a retard.

>Makes a universe with a weaker incarnation of himself.
>Can't lift it.
>Laughs at your plebbian ways.

So...
Wait. This would imply that if throttle uses blue paint and the other guy uses red paint then then information is wrong...

However if you can find enough entangled particals you can listen to the same frequencies that others do...

But that still can't transmit information across space time...

Unless you are telling me that when I force vinnie to be blue so to will throttle through some electromagnetic force...

It's important to realize that 'quantum entanglement' is a fancy-sounding term for something that is not complicated or magical. It's essentially just a form of statistical correlation. It can't be used to send messages or transmit classical information faster than light.
Imagine I have a box with two marbles in it: a red one, and a blue one. Suppose I shake the box and remove a marble from it, without looking at the marble that I removed. Then I mail the box with the remaining marble to a friend.
Before my friend opens the box, I look at the marble that I removed and see that it is red. Then, of course,I know that my friend's box must have the blue marble. He won't be amazed if I call him and tell him that his box contains the blue marble, though; that's not surprising at all, and it's impossible to use that fact to send him a message!
Quantum entanglement is very similar to this.

No it's not.

>box and remove a marble from it, without looking at the marble that I removed.

No... Someone else could look in your box and know what you were going to choose before you did. With QE there is NO WAY AT ALL for any one to know what the outcome will be BEFORE the observation (there are no hidden variables)

>Hidden variable theory
moron, the post

>uses the word "can't"
>no alarm goes off in his head

wew lad

I don't know if I'm right, but I learnt it as if two electrons say are QEd, then if one starts spinning, the other will immediately in the same direction. This can be used to send information instantly over a stupid distances. Like, a 0 is clockwise and 1 is anti-clockwise, then translate data.

Everything is information when you're talking particles. Orientation, charge, mass, etc. Chemistry occurs when particles exchange phone numbers and make molecular orgies.

When will you brainlets accept superdeterminism?

This human special snowflake complex on thinking your free will and decisions are somehow beyond physics its delusion, you are a bunch of atoms, anything you do is given by the interactions with another bunch of atoms, theres no escape.

What if it just same particle in two places like the universe folded in on itself and a particle is at the intersection

No.. you are missing the point the entangled particles are in BOTH states 0 and 1 (not either, but LITERALLY BOTH). Only WHEN you measure them do they then become a 1 or a 0.

"Suppose I lengthen the path that leads to A,B,C, and D using a pair of fibre optic cables wrapped around the earth 449 times (should be 1 minute to travel at the speed of light). I arbitrarily switch the paths to C and D on and off. Have I created a system that can send a message 1 minute into the past, by watching for the interference pattern and assigning a 1 or 0 based on whether I see one or not? "

what WOULD happen?

Entanglement is in space-time. YES!, time entanglement is a fact. No information can be sent through the space-time entanglement.

No, it's just quantum physics is still in the Astrology phase of its science, we don't have yet the needed instruments to really observe what is going on so we are taking wild guesses. It's like you try to figure out what happens in space but you don't have a telescope.

>it's just quantum physics is still in the Astrology phase of its science,

BULLSHIT!!!
Literally hundreds if not thousands of experiments by the most brilliant minds in the world and not ONE contradiction to Quantum physics is found.

Yeah, you couldn't disprove all those astrological theories either because you needed a telescope to do that, and nobody had one of those.

Quantom double eraser is crazier

youtube.com/watch?v=8ORLN_KwAgs

So if these particles influence each other what would happen if you measured them at the exactly same time? Would the universe collapse?

There is no simultaneity, so your question makes no sense. Also, entangled particles don't influence each other.

>We can't test it in perfect simultaneously, therefore it doesn't exist.

Actually the quantum particles not having a definite state until measurement/interactions occurs makes perfect sense for a universe where free will exists.

>if these particles influence each other

When particles become quantum entangled, you can not say they are separate. They are united in their entangled properties. This entanglement is is in 4D space-time. It does not make any difference WHERE in space-time each particle is, they are still entangled.

The Bell experiment that is supposed to disprove the hidden information theory though is based on measuring one particle first, and then the other. So you would need to do that simultaneously to truly disprove hidden information theory.

>So you would need to do that simultaneously

Quantum entanglement of particle properties in in 4D space-time. This explains the quantum erasure experiments (they are playing with the time dimension of space time) (still no information can be sent).

As long as you measure properties outside of the speed of light information cone, you can remove the hidden information theory (unless we are going to leave EVERY known experiment ever done in history and believe in faster than light travel.).. but using invisible dragons to pass the information along would be cooler

I don't get this explanation video:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuvK-od647c

At around minute 5 he starts talking about the Bell experiment and the hidden plans of the particles.

Now he just assumes that the particles are going to have plans depended on human experiments, which is obviously bullshit. They only have two hidden plans and those are "I spin up, you spin down", and visa verce.

So lets say we have the particle that is planned to spin up. 1 out of three time it will be measured vertically without interference, and 2 out of 3 times it will be measured at 60 degrees, which interfers with the spin so it will be measured down 3 out of 4 times. So all in all it should be measured up 1/3 + 1/4*2/3 = 1/2.

Obviously, for the partner particle, that is planned to spin down, you will get the same distribution.

So if the result of the Bell experiment is actually 50/50 than it actually proves the hidden information theory, not disproving it.

Or what am I getting wrong?

>what am I getting wrong
the probabilities of the hidden information theory, obviously
it's 5/9

>Albert Einztein
Stopped right there.

I thought that relativity assumes that every pair of particles in the universe act to avoid travelling towards or away from each other at speeds greater than C?

Those probabilities only come from his weird ass plans where the particles plan to act differently when they are measured at 60 degrees. why the fuck would you assume that. the only plan they would have is "I spin in that direction, you spin in the other", and that plan results in a 50/50 probability, just like the experiment shows.

>Even though the paint bucket was 25% red and 75% blue, the moment it touches the helmet it will make the helmet completely red OR blue, as if it was just a single color paint.
ok so its magic then

has anyone done bells experiment controlling every factor? i thought only combinations.
sneaky buggers

so what if you had entangled particles near a black hole it slows down or what??

What are you babbling about? Simultaneity doesn't exist in the first place, so you can't test it at all.