Got enough money to get a food processor or a stand mixer. What should I get?

Got enough money to get a food processor or a stand mixer. What should I get?

More crystals.

Stand mixer.

By the skeletal look of your hands and wrists my guess is you don't bake much so I'd go with the food processor. If you get a good sized one you can mix doughs in it too if you ever wanted to.

Food processor. You'll use it a lot more, plus you'll get much more bang for buck. I don't really get the stand mixer meme, kneading dough is satisfying and visceral. Compared to chopping and grating which is usually just a time-consuming chore.

If chopping is a time consuming chore for you then your knife is dull as fuck. Either that or you're cooking for 30 people at a time.

I like the stand mixer since it can do many tasks that are impractical to do otherwise. Sure it kneads dough and can whip things, but that's only the beginning. With the correct attachments you can use it as a meat grinder, sausage stuffer, grain mill, pasta machine, and so on. Those things are fairly impractical to do by hand. OTOH the things that a food processor can do are not so difficult to duplicate by hand.

>By the skeletal look of your hands and wrists my guess is you don't bake much
Genuinely curious about what you mean. Kneading dough makes your fingers fat?

Food processor. Depending on the size you can knead dough in it as well.

Food processor. People switched to no-knead bread years ago. Most modern techniques in dough/pastry mixing use a food processor. Just saw two Pizza dough recipes (kenjis food lab, and americas test kitchen) that requires a food processor. And ATK and alton brown has recommended a food processor for cutting in butter/shortening for breads and pastries for years. As for the attachments for Kitchenaid? They all pretty much plastic and suck and I've never seen one recommended over a superior standalone model given the application.

tl;dr Get a food processor and a hand blender with a whip attachment.

Compared to using a box grater, it's a joy to have a food processor. Grating up 3kg of ginger for a ginger beer? That shit will take half an hour compared to two minutes in the magimix. Scalloped potatoes? Doesn't matter how sharp your knife is, by the third potato it's a chore.

I have never felt the need to stuff sausages myself, but my grain mill, meat grinder and pasta maker (used twice, fuck that) cost me less than $150AUD all up. Compare to the $900+ for a Kitchenaid mixer, can't really justify it. But if you're doing a lot of all of the above and a lot of pastry and bread then sure.

Kneading dough gives you mad muscles.

>They all pretty much plastic and suck and I've never seen one recommended over a superior standalone model given the application.

well yeah, but they also cost a fraction of what a standalone machine does. I've been using my KA meat grinder for years. I've done several 40+ lb batches at a time. Still works great.

Is a standalone machine better? Sure. But unless you're using it on a commercial level you probably don't need that.

And you think there are muscles in your fingers?

Retard.

Name one.

>finger muscles
The muscle that operate the tendons in the fingers are located in the palm and forearms you fucking mong.

That was exactly my point, retard.
Read the conversation again.

You were one who asked for there names.
Quick Google and damage control was it?

not that user but just stop. you're embarrassing yourself.

You're fucking idiots. I asked him to name a muscle in a finger because I knew he couldn't.
My point from start start was that your fingers don't get bigger from kneading dough.
You can believe whatever you want. I don't care.

He didn't say your fingers get bigger, he said your muscles get bigger, i.e. your forearm muscles.

>I asked him to name a muscle in a finger because I knew he couldn't.
Seems like a pretty lame way of getting an ego boost.
I won an argument on the internet once too.

underrated

I climb rocks and my fingers definitely get bigger when I'm up on training.

If you bake cakes, get the stand mixer. Creaming butter and whipping egg whites is a bitch.

If you make pastry, get the food processor.

Spend the money on a nice pair of gloves to keep those pussy destroyers nice and soft

thermomix

>what are thumbs?

Mixer

He said hands and wrists, dipshit.

I went in this thread just to post this.

What is the reference?

>chokes to death
>"firefighter managed to resuscitate"
SO SHE WASNT FUCKING DEAD THEN WAS SHE

Did you not read the rest of it where it talks about her succumbing to brain damage or are you just retarded

>before she succumbs to brain damage

perhaps finish reading the sentence

>Firefighters managed to resuscitate the child before she succumbs to brain damage caused by the lack of oxygen
That means they saved her from getting brain damage you dumbass

Or it means they resuscitated the child

And then she succumbed to brain damage

well then who cares, I wouldn't save a brain damaged child

Typical response from an illiterate brainlet teen

Where did your thumbs go?

>Typical response from an illiterate brainlet teen

Honest question.

Why do you fucked up white people believe it is a good thing to breed genetically broken retards?

I mean wtf you sick white fucks? Let god's mistake die like it should, & stop trynta play god.

why the fuck would you want to prolong the life & suffering of a fucking retard?

Why do you white people think it's funny to breed retards who can't ever take care n themselves?

Do you get off on this shit? Pat yourselves on the backs?

You white fucks are sick people.

>implying I'm white

Checkmate Jamal.

>Why do you white people think it's funny to breed retards who can't ever take care n themselves?

Same reason whites keep breeding Niggers out in the middle of an African desert where niggers have zero hopes of survival.

It gives white people God complexes.

STOP THE TREATME-
Bastard

Learn to use a knife you lazy asshole.

You fucks will argue about anything.

No. It does not mean that at all. That's not how grammar works.