Just had one of these for dinner. Pasta came out good after a minute in the microwave and then added some olive oil...

Just had one of these for dinner. Pasta came out good after a minute in the microwave and then added some olive oil, butter, shredded parmesan cheese and seasoning.

I'm not opposed to boiling pasta the traditional way but it is a lot more convenient to use these packages, and it didn't seem to be inferior to pasta I boil myself. At $2 per 8.5 oz bag am I a cuck or is this a decent price to pay for convenience?

Also, pasta general I guess.

I think the price is decent, just don't eat these as a complete substitute from cooking dry/homemade pasta

I think for convenience sake, if you really are in a bind for time, they're decent.

But seriously, use a pan or something for sketti if you want it done fast

Depends how much your time is worth. It's about 4x the price of regular dry pasta.

I tried pic related recently, it didn't cost much more than regular pasta and the texture was actually really similar. It tasted like regular pasta with chickpeas. Would recommend. It seems healthier and it doesn't have texture issues like whole wheat pasta does.

Jus got some artisanal pasta from Italy, gonna post it as soon i'm home

this stuff tastes good, but it's not whole grain; non complex carbs should be avoided at all costs.

Boiling pasta is like the easiest fucking thing in the world.

- pour water
- add salt
- bring to boil
- add noodles

It doesn't even leave any grease in the pot so cleanup is just a simple rinse. Literally more convenient than instant ramen.

is right

So the gain in time is not really there. Also you probabilly want to add a sauce to your pasta and not only fat. Making a sauce takes time it is useless.
It is more expensive
You don't have control over the doneness of your pasta.

You have to scrub the salt off the interior of the pot though.

meh. pasta water in every sauce. makes it richer. also i undercook every pasta and let it sit with the sauce for a couple of minutes. can't do anything like that with preboiled pasta.

>Also you probabilly want to add a sauce to your pasta and not only fat.

Eh pasta with butter, garlic, oregano and parmesan is still pretty good if you don't have time/patience to prepare a sauce

I actually don't like sauce on my pasta too much, especially marinara sauce.

No you don't. You can just rinse it off. Salt dissolves in water; no scrubbing needed.

Fuck, I just started eating pasta again regularly after several years of not making it myself and I'm already on my second bowl of the day before 11 AM. Am I addicted?

"Now with added stabilizers" fuck this shit, the more you let a corporation cook for you the more weird chemicals you intake. Just boil your own pasta bro, is it really that hard?

>Ingredients: Water, pasta [Semolina (Wheat), Durum wheat flour], extra virgin olive oil, sea salt

That's it. In terms of microwavable foods that's not any worse than frozen veggies.

Other than fiber, which you can acquire elsewhere there's no reason to eat anything but normal pasta. While pasta doesn't have a lot of fiber, due to some oddity of how it's cooked it doesn't have a high GI. While a baguette has a GI of 95, white bread of 75, pasta cooked al dante has a GI of between 30 and 50 depending on shape. That puts it far closer to beans than bread in terms of GI. So long as you're eating it with a vegetable based sauce or a salad on the side it's actually one of the healthier carbs you can eat.

And lets be honest you're more likely to eat regular pasta often than whole wheat or fiber and protein fortified pasta.

Get the fuck out of here corporate shill

Not an argument.

Are there alfredo meat sauces you can buy at the store?

Meat doesn't go in Alfredo sauce.

Shrimp and chicken are common additions

In flyover shitholes maybe.

Not really. I'm American but my great grandfather came from Italy, I live in an area with a sizeable number of people who also came from Italy, and have been in plenty of Italian restaurants where you can get shrimp or chicken in Alfredo sauce. Lobster is also sometimes added. I personally don't like it because I just want to taste the cheese but it's definitely not flyover shithole specific. Could be due to German influences in America with more meat in dishes than you'd find in traditional Italian food, because I know "true" Alfredo is just butter and cheese.

I'm guessing its more expensive than dry pasta, but probably not bad if you're just cooking for yourself

You don't need a special bag to boil pasta in the microwave user.

And if money is tight, use stolen packets of taco bell hot sauce as a topping rather than buying store brand pasta sauce.

Is there such a thing as gluten free pasta?

>calling pasta noodles

this meme again

also -
Just add the pasta to cold water and let it get up to boil.