So I'm writing a short story where the main antagonist is basically a living lump of indestructible raw biomass with...

So I'm writing a short story where the main antagonist is basically a living lump of indestructible raw biomass with its nerves hooked up to mechanical limbs, and our heroes kill off said creature by drenching it in a super corrosive acid, which finally kills it, so I need to know what the most corrosive acid (or just most corrosive to flesh) is and what the safest way to transport and store it would be

Side note: dissolving in an acid pool sounds like the worst way to go in my opinion

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superacid
youtu.be/Q32LQYCO9AA
youtu.be/aCbfMkh940Q
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2008/02/26/sand_wont_save_you_this_time
interestingengineering.com/chlorine-trifluoride-set-fire-glass/
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/category/things-i-wont-work-with
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Acid =/= Comic Book Acid

I don't get what you're attempting to tell me
I'm asking for an acid that could corrode flesh quickly
I don't get how you assume from that that I think all acid is a pool of green slime that magically melts things

Just throw thermite on it

real acid is worse than comic book acid

the actual logistics of dissolving is more much gruesome and disgusting than anything a comic could portray

Well im not creating a comic it's just writing
And i've already planned the monster to kill a main character early on by crushing their head into a wall so hard it busts like a melon so no problem with fucked up content

You ever watch breaking bad?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superacid

Protagonists are just normal people in a the middle of an end of days scenario, they only get access to acid since they find an old lab where it was used to dispose of toxic failed experiments

Nope

I know about superacids c but I need a single name
I mean what incompetent Chemist would just label a canister "super acid"

You don't need a very strong acid to destroy organisms. Hydrofluoric acid is great example. If you were to accidentally step in a puddle of it with a bare foot, without treatment, you would die.

Another example, perhaps more terrifying, is dimethylmercury, which is basically the most dangerous neurotoxin.
>The toxicity of dimethylmercury was highlighted with the death of the inorganic chemist Karen Wetterhahn of Dartmouth College in 1997. After spilling no more than a few drops of this compound on her latex-glove, the barrier was immediately compromised and within seconds it was absorbed into the back of her hand, quickly circulating and resulting in her death ten months later.

On the bottom of that Wikipedia page there are listed:
Fluoroantimonic acid
Magic acid
Carborane acid
Fluorosulfuric acid
Triflic acid

Why don't they just shoot it?

Not an acid, but sodium hydroxide is extremely effective at dissolving biomass and readily available as it has a lot of industrial uses and can be cheaply produced in huge quantities.

The breaking bad scene:

youtu.be/Q32LQYCO9AA

..... but you know what the only way to be sure is: youtu.be/aCbfMkh940Q

Well the idea is its such a simple primitive creature it can regenerate grievous injuries I'm seconds
Plus it's 12 ft tall and has skin thicker than an elephants

Well yeah but I decided that it would be anticlimactic if they just splashed some hydrochloric acid on it and called it a day

Despite aggressivechelation therapy, her condition rapidly deteriorated; three weeks after the first neurological symptoms appeared, Wetterhahn lapsed into what appeared to be a vegetative state punctuated by periods of extreme agitation.[6]One of her former students said that "Her husband saw tears rolling down her face. I asked if she was in pain. The doctors said it didn't appear that her brain could even register pain."[5]Wetterhahn was removed from life support and died on June 8, 1997, less than a year after her initial exposure.[6]

Magic acid
He hehehe
I can sell you some "magic acid" BWAYAHHAHSHAHAHA

As a rule of thumb, acids irritate your tissue but there are safety measures against (you form scabs), bases dissolve protein and fat. So the more dangerous thing is easily the latter. Most dangerous acids are dangerous for other reasons.
I can only tell you that there is no real reason why a superacid should inflict much more harm than sulfuric acid. And you can spray that on your skin without feeling any pain for a couple of seconds. Then it slowly starts to dehydrate your tissue. Neither acids nor most bases "melt" through tissue in the matter of seconds, at least no aquatic solutions thereof. And I can't think of a strong liquid base.

Not an acid, but chlorine trifluoride can burn damn near anything. HF dissolves glass, ClF3 burns it.

>> safest way to transport it
A container coated with candle wax, even then one should pray to the god of safe passage before even considering moving a container a centimeter.
It's even hypergolic with asbestos and ash
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2008/02/26/sand_wont_save_you_this_time
interestingengineering.com/chlorine-trifluoride-set-fire-glass/

Oh yeah and semiconductor manufacturing facilities sometimes use it.

You should go through the "Things I won't work with" category of Derek Lowe's blog. He describes many substances which could do the job.
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/category/things-i-wont-work-with

fucking spoilers man fucks sake

Hexanitrohexaazaisowurtzitane

There’s arecent reportof a method to make a more stable form of it by mixing it with TNT.

>a more stable form
>mixing it with TNT

Yeah, these people are insane. The way he describes the lab working with these is somewhat frightening: these guys seem solely driven by the motto "how can we make it more explosive?".

HF, or hydrofluoric acid is horrific and also interacts with nerves in a real bad way. It even attacks glass.