How do most people believe this kind of shit? Did you ever have any experiences of retards just denying obvious shit?

How do most people believe this kind of shit? Did you ever have any experiences of retards just denying obvious shit?

Science does not and cannot say anything about what is true. That doesn't mean it isn't useful, or that its methodologies can't build bridges or make accurate predictions, only that scientific statements about the world are necessarily not truths, otherwise, they wouldn't be scientific statements.

>psychology
>science
middle faf

>science = truth

Fuck off back to /reddit/.

Science is the process of discovering truth, not the actual truth itself. In this regard the word science should be a verb, not a noun. Yet people keep using the word as a noun, which implies that science is truth.

Which should it be? Verb or noun?

Nice digits.

science describes what is tested and observed and what is therefor accepted as the "truth", but is never actually 100% certain of what the truth of anything is

They're right, because science is oppressive, excludes women, and I think it's racist as well

>Ashkenazis are best scientists
>Ashkenazis hate science
How does that figure?

this. falsifiability is the key aspect of science and ironically the least understood by normalfags who think "science proved it therefore it's true"

>All Jews are Ashkenazi

nicely memed my fellow redditor

stfu i didn't say anything about jews

>ashkenazis are best scientists
what fantasy world do you live in?

the one where large forehead phenotype rules them all

The point of the article is that science shouldn't be used to discover truths that are not politically correct.

[math] \mathbb{BIG}[/math]

Science can be wrong you mong. In most cases a conclusion that has only a 95% confidence level is considered scientifically valid.

ASS QUE NAZI

AUSCHWITZ NAZI

ASK THE NAZI

ASH BENGHAZI

AHH YAHTZEE!

no. a conclusion with a 95% confidence if a conclusion with 95% confidence.
if you start interpreting things differently you make mistakes.
the fact remains that data was collected and the conclusion followed with 95% confidence.

If you think science always produces the truth, I've got a jar of phlogiston to sell you.

truth is loaded. Science is a method of obtaining truth. However, it does not make it any less loaded.

>muh calling attention to an author's name if and only if it fits the criteria I'm trying to push

This isn't /pol/, no one here is unintelligent enough to fall for this type of selection bias propaganda.

>Tfw it could be /pol/ but it could also be SJWs

We're not helping the situation while standing idly by while leftists use "science" like a brand sticker they can slap on any ludicrous thing and make it a fact. Every time some liberal rag makes some retarded claims about race or gender, power or politics, psychology or spirituality and follows it up with "science proves" and cites some crackpot sociology undergraduate it does all legitimate science a disservice.

Nor does it help when we stand by and let scientists and science advocate pontificate about politics and spew nonsense about social issues and respond to their critics that their education makes them (somehow) more qualified and their opinion matter more and if you disagree with them it's because you're a moron or a monster.

What is Black Twitter?

"Shitty arguments made by flaming faggots" for $1000, Alex

Evolutionary psychology has a lot of legitimate problems.

ADD A PROXY

Science isn't truth but it's closer to truth than blind faith

>psychology

There's your problem, both psychology and social science have the lowest replication rates of any field.

Fine Art is more of a real science than social science and psychology since at least the Fine Arts can replicate it's products and results to extremely reliable degree.

This is why I can't take anything from it 100% seriously including the Veeky Forums's favorite pastime IQ tests.

Religious beliefs always take precedent over science.
That includes secular religions.

Welcome to the conversation.

Saved, thanks lad.

this, we've sat back and let the radical left slap the label of science on every bit of quackery they can come up with - is it any wonder so many people are skeptical of the genuine article?

I'm afraid most of modern science is bullshit because it's attempting to explain non-physical concepts, physically. You end up with extremely complicated theories that require a lot of mental gymnastics, but no actual direct evidence of the thing it is supposedly describing.