Why didn't the Wizards just buy a bunch of riffles from the muggles to deal with Voldermort instead of electing to...

Why didn't the Wizards just buy a bunch of riffles from the muggles to deal with Voldermort instead of electing to fight him with wooden sticks?

Because they would use magic on the rifles causing them to shoot poo poo

WHY DIDN'T GANDALF EAGLES HOTEL CALIFORNIA

They could have charmed the bullets or something

j k rollings sub par riter

>guns
>In England
Good luck with that.

In light of what Rowling has been up to lately I'm finding myself sympathetic towards the Dursleys.

>he doesn't recognize the allegory that conveniently caters to current events
Literally too stupid for Harry Potter

Only of they knew of their existence beforehand.

What is a wizard going to do if I have a hunting rifle and I'm hiding in a tall building
Or better yet, just line the road with IEDs. It's awful worldbuilding.

Because he is immoral

immortal

Underrated

if you kill your enemy they win

lol I just realized how much he looks like Chesterton in those films

I smell /k/ommando on you...

because just kidding rowlings is a proglib cunt and guns are scary

Because guns are for evil drumpf supporting conservatards who hate gays and minorities.

it's a metaphor for non-violent resistance to totalitarianism

Why did the family keeping Harry want him to stay with them so badly, if they hated him so much? It's never explained in a satisfactory way.

Fucking kek

Because that just wouldn't be fair - other films need to make money too.

I smell a biopic!

Because Dumbledore threatened them, then Serious threatened them. In the end they kind of admitted liking him a bit, like a dog, not like a son. But still...

Threatened them how? I thought wizards weren't supposed to use magic in the muggle world anyway?

They cast antibulletus forcefieldo.

Do wizards pay taxes and shit? Why don't they fix all the muggle problems with magic? Like famine, drought, disease etc?

he would take a shit and not cast 'removeus me poopus'

Because they didn't want him to be happy because they were poorly thought out characters which only function from Harry's point of view.
Also something about wizardry being bad.

Didn't stop Hagrid from pulling some magic looney tunes bullshit, didn't stop Harry from deviantart-fetishing his cunt aunt, and there's probably further examples I forgot.

JK Rowling plays fast and loose with the rules of her children's books. Also, she's a hack and Bloom's takedown of her was well deserved, SWPL tears about it regardless.

>Threatened them how?
The entire family has a major phobia of magic, so it doesn't take much to make them fear for their lifes. Dumbledore kind of just implied a nonspecific witching, serious is an actual convicted murderer, so there it was the threat of murder. I forgot to mention Hagrid threatening them too, he actually put a nasty spell on their sun, so it's not just an empty threat either.

>I thought wizards weren't supposed to use magic in the muggle world
Nah, underaged wizards aren't allowed to use magic outside of the school. Grown-ups can do what they want whenever they want, but they need to erase the memories of muggles who see them, otherwise it's a crime.

Among so many other things that just don't make sense in the HP books, this is what always bugged me the most because it's the most simple and easily overlooked.

But if you really think about it, why would you keep a kid you hate under the stairs rather than let him go to his gay magic school? Especially if you hate the kid as much as you hate magic and he's just a pest in your home that you took in for your sister's sake at the behest of a wizard you hate.

I mean, let's assume it works as a metaphor for anything else (it doesn't) and that Harry Potter is the son of two great singers who got killed by a jealous rival singer. Or something. Then the headmaster of the best singing school in all the land drops by and says it's your job to take care of this baby and to not tell him he has famous singer genes.

You treat the kid like shit for not apparent reason and it's a lose-lose situation.

Then, the headmaster of that school literally comes knocking down the door to let that kid come to his singing school and you... don't let him go? I don't get it.

And it's never explained beyond "You're a freak, just like my sister! A witch!"

uh... okay? why would she care?

But they threatened them for what reason? So they would be forced to keep Harry? Why bother?

Harry is protected by the spell of his dead mother as long as he lives in the house of family members. That's why he has to return there at least once per year.

This post is good.

They are cunts

>But if you really think about it, why would you keep a kid you hate under the stairs rather than let him go to his gay magic school? Especially if you hate the kid as much as you hate magic and he's just a pest in your home that you took in for your sister's sake at the behest of a wizard you hate.
Because they didn't actually want him to learn more magic, duh! Are you serious right now? Not even saying harry potter isn't full of holes, but is THIS the think you unironically pick?

Dumbo.

>electing to fight him with wooden sticks
They weren't fighting him at all, they were all pussies. There were like 10 people who actually fought against Voldemort and his gang, everyone else just rolled over and didn't even try.

why is quidditch possibly the stupidest game ever invented?

cuz J.K. ain't that bright

>old cat lady invents a sport

What did you expect

Because that would make the main character, Hermione, a black stereotype.