Buy used book

>buy used book
>it's full of some pleb's notes

I live for this shit.

>Buy used book
>Pleb underlines some shit
>Underlines end after the fifth page
Every time

I write my phone number on high brow books that I borrow from the library. Get on my level.

That is harsh autism

what's up with this?
I don't understand why they do it

I usually write my favorite line/s from the book to spoil the whole book. Works as a great pleb filter. Nobody wants to borrow my books that way.

what book is it?

I put my stamp in books

Write all book spoilers in the margins of page 1

And, did you get some calls?

>book spoilers

tsk tsk, sorry I don't read fiction

>buy book written in the 1800s
>some angry roastie has underlined all the instances of sexism

>reading fiction

at least two different people have written in the copy of Beowulf I own

that one faggot made a bunch of stars at different parts in the book

very bad at underlining too, none of the lines are clean or straight, same goes for the brakets

a lot of the lines say C.I. next to them, and there's a name in the beginning that I can't decipher

the only written note is "courage can alter your fate - major theme of the poem" at the part where Beowulf talks about that time he was at sea and killed all the snakes

AND OF COURSE THIS NIGGER DIDN'T UNDERLINE SHIT IN THE OLD ENGLISH SIDE ONLY ON THE MODER NONE

Clearly we have to fight sexism in the 1800s. It's a huge problem.

>being upset that someone underlined all the best parts for you

>reading Heaney

Not even once

I love when I get a book that was a gift and it has a message for someone. 2 of my favorite message, "I dunno what this book is but it sounds hilarious ENJOY (J R) and then some retard wrote " I can be your Arthur and you can be my Guinevere love you babe" in le morte.

>I can be your Arthur and you can be my Guinevere love you babe

what a fucking clown no wonder it didn't work out

>buy used book
>the first 5 pages have words he doesn't understand circled
>then it is just scribbles
>flip book animation in both corners

From that point on I learned to always check before I buy, though I think this particular case made me enjoy the book more than I otherwise would have.

>buy used book
>written insite:
>RETURN WHEN DONE!!!
>underline
>underline
>underline

Am I going to die?

woah that's fucking sick. how's the flip animation?

>Buy book called MoliƩre Comedies
>It's in prose
Christ never have I hated myself so much.

>flip book animation in both corners
fucking kek

I wasn't serious.

they probably gave up and stopped reading

>spoilers
I can't honestly think of a book I've read recently that was so plot driven it could be ruined by knowing the events beforehand. Actually coming to think about it I knew the entire plot of each of them beforehand.

OH FUCK
The book belonged to someone who died, and had their possessions sold, only this book was their favorite and you are now cursed.
Assuming you have finished reading you need to get a whole chicken from the market, shove the book inside and then burn it in offering. The ghost will only forgive your tardy return of the book because you also gave a delicious chicken.

Dandelion Wine

>fucking English majors

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's the point where they dropped the class, and downgraded to the humanities.

>Be this fucking slag
>"I'm an edgy lil girl who don't take nuffin seriously"
>Writes snarky little comments in pen because she "lives for the moment" and "doesn't give af"
>"This book's actually really boooring"
>Notes end on page 9
>Changes degrees from political science to early childhood

Looked her up on facebook and she's friends with a girl I had sex with. Crazy.

you are writing a fucking what? i can't read that

i still feel strong dislike for her though

"Dude, you're writing a fucking love letter!"

"Love letter."

You don't know what that word means

>her mouth still open with shouting
>I noticed she did not now have on the old Father's

What clunky prose. Glad it was made significantly more enjoyable by the penmanship.

Spoilers can ruin some of the intended experience. And likewise the opposite; you're actually lessening the effect of the Iliad by not knowing what's going to happen.

It seems to be in the affect of some obscure Southern dialect, so I'd give it the benefit of the doubt. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear that kind of shit out of a Cajun.

>Buy used book
>There's always blood on it
>Always in the same spot

Happened to me at least two or three times. Blood is so dried I can't even remove it.

Some fag 250 years ago scrawled his name in painstakingly autistic script and then drew some knight faggot on the title page and now my copy of Confessions is ruined.

baka desu

paper cut?

Holy shit it's been so long I forgot baka was filtered.
Well yeah that's what's going to happen if you buy the same book three times.

>Buy used book
>Full of well written, coherent and interesting notes on the specific part of the book
>tfw

You can't really avoid knowing the plot of some of the greatest works of literature.
What would be an example of a spoiler ruining the intended experience? Something like the later events in Lolita? When I think spoilers I think stupid plot driven who did what stuff that hardly qualifies for literature.

You assume it's the Heaney why?

bullshit

Lolita'd work, yeah. American Psycho too. I don't mean stuff like "oh no Ned Stark dies".

He assumed right, it's a used Heaney I bought

I've been revealed

>AND OF COURSE THIS NIGGER DIDN'T UNDERLINE SHIT IN THE OLD ENGLISH SIDE ONLY ON THE MODER NONE
Your expectations are a bit high if you think he should be reading Old English.

>buy used book
>discover that it used to be owned by a famous person

I dunno man. Tomayto-tomahto I suppose. Even if it is a (deeeeeep) southern accent, it still doesn't read well for me.

Pssh... nada personal mijo

How is that coherent and interesting? I can't understand a single word.

Do you think they're still together?

nah

>perseptive
I hope not.

>I'm much more perseptive
>can't spell perceptive right
>using coordinating conjunctions without commas
>all caps

>book has a post stamp because a retard probably mailed it withouth using an envelope/box
>only the first volume has a stamp
Fucking people I swear

Just by the way he writes you can tell she choked on about 50 english dicks before coming back to the US, kissing him on the mouth and then telling him it's not gonna work out a few days later, all the while the guy was so excited to see her and show off his clean shave.

not very exciting since i found those in my moms teenage stuff... guess i will appreciate them more once she's dead

>50 english dicks
>english
The correct term is Brittistani.

my copy of all quiet in the western front has a big dong in the last page

I found a couple of personal notes and underlinings in my father's books after he died. Funny how you start to cling to any remains of a person's thoughts and actions once they are gone.

This is so pathetic. And she probably never read it either.

i can imagine that notes in a book feel very intimate since they reflect what was going trough that persons head at the moment they read the same passage you are reading right now. i will def keep those books.

>perseptive
I guess I'm not surprised, whatever you're reading looks mundane.

Twice. At least he was concistent.

he probably got cucked by a Lancelot

It's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

holy shit m a x i m u m plen

This makes the note even worse.

Hydrogen peroxide? Works on clothing

>buy a book at half-price
>theres a boarding pass from 1977 in it
Neat

>buy book published in the 1800s
>some Victorian prude has underlined all the instances of vulgarity

I enjoy buying decommissioned library books that still have the library card with all the names of people who checked it out

>buy used copy of tar baby off Amazon
>Full of notes
>They're actually really insightful and pick up on things I hadn't
Hmmm....

same op

The preface of Lolita explains that she died in childbirth and Humbert got arrested. The spoilers are part of the book.

That's not what I meant by Lolita's spoilers.

>buy used book.
>finds out has been highlighted.

>buy copy of Borges - Labyrinths
>"for Josh on his graduation, 6.1.07" on blank page

assuming Josh didn't die or something, the stupid faggot has family members cool enough to buy him Labyrinths and he gets rid of it.

>9100000 just checking who that post is

retard

>dad gives me his copy of Structure of Scientific Revolutions when i mentioned i wanted to read it
>key ideas underlined, tags in the margins for quick reference, succinct explanations for complex ideas
>barely added anything of my own since his notes were pretty much exactly what i would have made anyway
>first time ive felt connected to my dad in an intellectual sense

He's a highly educated man (PhD in experimental psychology) but for some reason he rarely talks about his studies or career. One of the few times I've gotten insight into my quiet father.

Epic Oedipal drama bro

I borrowed the Norton critical Things Fall Apart from the library and I was flipping through the essays in the back and there was one where a professor was talking about how the wifebeating and shit in the novel had a purpose and she had a particular line about girls in her class with large hoop earrings complaining about the book's alleged sexism and this sticky note was plastered right there.

From the back of "Paradise Lost"

>go to used book store
>every book has their price written in sharpie on the opening page

speaking of finding interesting things around or in books i have few findings
once going through the books in my mothers house ive found a vibrator, nothing too kinky, just normal pink silicone dong that vibrates 22 cms long i have used it same day
not even joking

Found series of notes describing some blokes day in it aswell as his fascination with some girl. It doesnt sound interestin but what was interesting was how he describes his day, in completely mechanical almost engineerean (lol) way. He also describes his ongoing atleast then, sexual relationship with some unnamed women. His descriptions of sex are as mechanical. He also noted exactly how long he lasted and how much he came and where. Which led me to believe he was either someone on spectrum or atleast he exists(ed) with some level of schizo.

does he fuck with schizoanalisys?

Especially hardbacks which haven't been taken out since the 80s. Nothing comfier.

buying a book partly about an irish boys sexual growth for a romantic partner going to England.

Complete misfire imho.

Maybe he was banking on Catholic guilt keeping her faithful

>mentions being clean shaven twice
>that disgusting smiley face twice
>astute, whilst, "perseptive"
>don't forget what you have in the US
>,.... me

Jesus this is bad

thanks for pointing this out user!!!

really though, so pathetic. she probably remarked something about his stubble, and so he displays this good boy behaviour, like a child or a dog 'look at me mama, I shaved!'

What's the last word? Liebon? Cant tell.

Speaking from experience user, i start the book thinking ill need to take notes to keep up, but after the first three pages i forget about it entirely

>buy used book
>the main characters name 'David' in underlined
>only thing underlined
>entire book
>trash it and spent 4 more dollars on another copy