Actual Comfort Food

My girlfriend has clinical depression and for the past few months she was doing well but she has regressed in the past 3 weeks and now she's really depressed again. I want to cook her a nice meal that could maybe help lift her spirits. What kind of food/ingredients can help combat depression, if any.

A bullet fired from a gun

Don't do this. Encouraging someone who is depressed to seek solace in food will just turn them into a fatty, which will end up making them more depressed when every look in the mirror trashes their self-esteem.

>What kind of food/ingredients can help combat depression, if any.

None, chemically.

Psychologically? That depends entirely on the person involved. A favorite food, something nostalgic from childhood perhaps, etc. It would be different for every person.

worse still, you'll be stuck with a depressed fat pig gf
ew

Ditch her. Bitches use depression as an excuse to be fat and lazy. I've been clinically diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, and borderline personality disorder. I still manage to work and function without meds or excuses.
This woman is an albatross. Sooner she's gone, the better you'll be.

Leave her. I'm serious. You do not want the responsibility of taking care of an emotional drain on you forever. It wears you down more than any other thing in the world.

I slip in to depression occasionally. But no one would ever know. Not my family for sure. Maybe try to talk to some really close friend or my girlfriend at the time, but I would never project it on to them. That's something I own and deal with myself. Don't let her use you.

>My girlfriend has clinical depression

This is basically white woman code for "lazy, self-entitled snowflake"

Fuck her. Literally. Then dump her.

Eat her cunt

>>My girlfriend has clinical depression
>This is basically white woman code for "lazy, self-entitled snowflake"

There is a very good reason why you never see an Asian girl slaving away 18 hours at school complain about "depression."

Asians are too busy being productive to be spoiled, dpressed, little snowflakes.

"Depression" = entitled white girl passive aggressive cry for attention

.t ming asianmasculnity

>Asians are too busy being productive to be spoiled, dpressed, little snowflakes.
>"Depression" = entitled white girl passive aggressive cry for attention

This is true. We either work 110% or we jump off a building.

We don't waste our energy crying & throwing pitty parties.

Tell that bitch to get a job or at least a hobby

Fuck your fat gf you beta bitch. Feed her cyanide and save some for yourself

jk of course ;) don't jail me NSA bros

>Asians are too busy being productive to be spoiled, dpressed, little snowflakes.
Ahh, that must be why their suicide rates are through the roof. It's a good thing anonymous, of the McChicken discussion forum is here to shower us with hard facts about depression and suicide.

taters n' gravy

this. you fags should be the ones killing yourselves

Serve her fries arranged to say "cheer up fuckface"

Make some salmon with spinach and an egg on the side. Get out in the sun. Get her away from sugar. Sweet foods make it worse. You want to burn fat for energy and have sufficient B-Vitamins and D3 to keep your mood stable.

>clinical depression
let me guess, self-diagnosed?
Literally fake disorder

Are you fucking stupid? Jesus.....

The food doesn't matter, just make her good food that you know she likes and have a nice romantic evening and she might feel more loved and it'll help her a little.

Really you should just make sure she knows she can tell you anything and that you're there for her.

This

She's obviously just tired of her beta orbiter bf who cries about everything

Ditch her. It isnt fair to you to take care of a depressed person. Unless she gives you the best head ever.

t. 13 year old

how ignorant and naive do you have to be to think that mental illness doesn't exist

like a previous user said, b vitamins and d3 are important as being deficient in either can cause mood problems. even it it doesn't really sound comforting, good nutrition is important for all aspects of your health. this will be hard for your girlfriend to regulate, since depression makes eating well very difficult.

is she currently taking a depression medication?

It's literally a meme disorder

just put all your effort in a meal you know she will like. either that or pic related

OP, it depends on why she's depressed. If it's just situational, i.e., because something bad happened recently, a nice dinner may help. If it's because of her brain chemistry, medications are the only real treatment.

I've had worsening depression for years, and the only thing that helped was Zoloft. Unfortunately it stopped working because of my fucking liver deciding to wipe it all out. I can either drown myself in alcohol until my liver is dead, get a transplant, or suffer until I hang myself.

Anyway, my suggestion is to let her shrink deal with it and just be as supportive as possible. The dinner would be nice, but don't expect it to suddenly solve her problems.

Enjoy commitong suicide in a few short years.

Careful with that edge, Lord Edgington of Fagfordshire

Cook her a batch of weed brownies, that will bring a smile to her face

>lift her spirits
That's not how clinical depression works, user, though I appreciate what you're trying to do for her. She needs medical help.

It will be a welcome outcome

>"Depression" = entitled white girl passive aggressive cry for attention

This.

There is real depression, and there is "spoiled, entitled white girl problems."

99/100 it's the latter.

she has a job she's not lazy like everyone is assuming she's just sad
thank you
no she was on anti depressants (prescribed by a doctor) but hated relying on them so now she just copes as best she can
like i said, she was on antidepressants but she stopped taking them, nearly a year ago
she used to take zoloft. i haven't asked her specifically if she knows her triggers but i ask her often what's bothering her and how she's doing etc. also she stopped going to therapy, said that her therapist made her feel worse usually

Split pea soup with Bacon and/or hamhock is great comfort food for me.

my girl is depressed too and she likes chocolate

try St.John's Wort, it is a herb and may be used to treat depression. though do your research before to make sure it isn't going to cause negative side effects.

other then that I think if you made her something she enjoys and spend some time with her.

thank you i'm reading about it now

Abilify

Enjoy growing old and infertile and calling you cats babies
I bet you will be the kind of creepy cunt who sits in the park watching other people's kids

For me, it's the McNoose

I've never met a person who was disappointed they didn't spawn a monster or two. I've met plenty who did, that are sorry as fuck about it.