Is it true that food tastes better if you're eating it with someone?

is it true that food tastes better if you're eating it with someone?

I wouldn't know.

no because you're desperate to eat your share so that they don't eat it

You can overlook the flaws because you're distracted with good company.

No

Food tastes better hot, so yes.

No.

I just got out of a three year relationship. And I enjoy my food so much more without the constant nagging, questioning, and her disgusting eating habits.

Food tastes better when it's cooked by someone else. You will always be your own worst critic. "should have done this" "that's not perfect" "I timed it wrong"

This usually coincides with eating with another person.

Depends on how good the company is. A bitchy girlfriend you're about to breal up with makes the food taste worse, as showed us, but a good friend or close family can make even hard tack and Spam taste like a meal from a 4 star restaurant.

Not for me i like eating outside by myself, unless its too hot. Other people eat weird and make noises that make me REEEEEEEE

That and it can be really hard to fully enjoy something you made when you're tired out from doing the cooking.

>Make some real good shit
>Manage to completely outdo myself
>Realize there is nobody here to taste it
>Realize nobody will ever know
>Sit in computer desk and eat my dinner
>Even tho I'm just listening to a podcast without picture so I could have eaten it at the table

>is it true that food tastes better if you're eating it with someone?

I have a wife and 2 daughters. I love them to death, but once a week, I sneak out to a nice place just to have a meal by myself in peace, where I actually get to enjoy the food.

And people who need others to even enjoy food are neurotically insecure people.

>Make some real good shit
>Manage to completely outdo myself
>Serve it to family who just slop it up without a word
>Realize nobody will ever know

Sometimes its better to have your work unappreciated by nobody, than unappreciated by somebody.

>Sometimes its better to have your work unappreciated by nobody, than unappreciated by somebody.

Damn, that's deep.

But when it's unappreciated by nobody, doesn't that technically make it unappreciated by everybody?

>"should have done this" "that's not perfect" "I timed it wrong"
Actually, most people don't think these things.

Cooks do. Perhaps you're on the wrong board.

This. Every person I've ever talked to that is serious about cooking thinks those things.

What a complete pair of retards.
I didn't mean us you fucking spastics.

How rude. Maybe you should seek therapy to address your anger issues.

it tastes better if you aren't bothered by this kind of shit