Hobby philosophy reader here. What should I read if I'm looking for arguments against German Idealism...

Hobby philosophy reader here. What should I read if I'm looking for arguments against German Idealism? Mainly interested in things relating to Kant. Thanks!

Pretty please?

you are the problem with Veeky Forums

"any arguments against post-modernism?"
"what are some arguments about feminism?"

holderlin and schelling both dismantled german idealism in the mid 1800s, why don't you fucking read them instead? are you actually that familiar with the project of german idealism or just want to shit on it before you even know the basics? fuck off

Why are you so angry? I was asking what to read so you actually kinda answered my question in your sperg out. I wasn't looking for someone to actally present any arguments here.

I am kinda familiar with it, having mostly read secondary literature on Kant and Schopenhauer (And Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung). Jesus, don't get so defensive without any reason.

*actually

>against

Like many people today. You must give up your oedipal need to permanently transgress and never commit yourself to anything.

To read a text demands thorough castration, you must become a woman, a missionary, in the missionary position, to the speech of the other.

There's nothing philosophical about claiming the contrary of a given author, or feeling the need to constantly contradict. What should be questioned is the idea that you know something other than what the text says by simply contradicting it.

Please, you don't have the luxury of a position to speak from from which you can tarry with these men. Still yourself and accept your castration.

This advice goes for everyone.

Every "argument" is weak at the axioms. Kant's are especially weak, because they make especial use of axioms.

Another example here of what I just said here , someone who doesn't know anything thinking he can clip away axioms, as if Kant is making axioms you can accept or reject and not providing a system which grounds axioms!

German Materialism. Read Marx and Engels.

Might as well accept Jesus as my lord and savior then.

What is the purpose of your semi-coherent ramblings?

Were they concerned with epistemology? That's where most of my interest lies.

So the system grounds the axioms, and the axioms ground the system. Thus gibberish, next idiot please

Who said the axioms ground the system, yes because our intuition of the manifold in space and time is grounded in Euclidean geometry... idiot!

But on what else can you ground a system if not axioms?

So the system grounds the axioms. What grounds the system?

Confer Immanuel Kant KrV Book 1: Transcendental Analytic.

All this looking for an easy answer is baby land. Kant says Enlightenment is man's crawling out of his self-imposed nonage.

maybe you should take a hint

>refers me to a sacred text instead of hazarding to explain his nonsense

I again accuse you of gibberish, and reiterate my desire to move on to the next idiot.

"Intuition of the manifold in space and time is grounded in Euclidean geometry"? I mean, you have got to be fucking kidding me. You are a joke about people who come on this board

>non-reading pseud child who thinks he can think for himself detected

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."
-Tupac Shakur

Look mommy, I can be infantile too!

>thinking someone else can think for you
>thinking to think

Keep projecting, it's enjoyable to me. How sweaty are you right now?

No, but Marx materialism made such an impact on western thought that he essentially killed pure idealism. Not really by philosophical means but in terms of a massive cultural shift, I mean today nobody seriously believes in something like the Hegelian Weltgeist anymore.

There is no one-step epistemological argument against german idealism or even Kant. Even just arguing against Kant is a tall order, given that he still is modern philosophy's elephant in the room. Have you actually studied the Critique indepth? Any epistimological arguments against Kant will be incredibly technical and require knowledge of said text. Anyways, maybe Reichenbachs argument against Kant's a priori will be interesting to you?

Another guy who doesn't understand what he's talking about, as if the idealists were "idealists". Schelling's entire project was to ground transcendental idealism in nature. Marx and Kierkegaard had to parse through Hegel before any of their intellectual investigations could come to fruition. Weltgeist isn't a Hegelian term and he didn't mean it as an existing entity, it comes from Herder's philosophy of history...

I only read secondary literature to be honest. I guess I will have to bite the bullet then and start reading Kants works. I think I have an adequate understanding of his epistemology, but I'll try to work through the primary literature.

Maybe I'll get an annotated version or something. Thanks for being helpful.

Refutation of Idealism by Moore

Duh duh d'oh. D'oh doo doo.

On Certainty by Wittgenstein

I said pure idealism ie. mostly referring to Hegel. And I said by cultural reception and not by philosophical means.

Doesn't Hegel use Weltgeist in the phenemology? Been a while since I read it..

The fact that you want arguments against "German idealism" tells me you don't know what that means. Do read, user.

Are you anglo, btw? I'm just curious.

Did Wittgenstein finish philosophy?

He thought he did after publishing the Tractatus, then proceeded to argue against pretty much everything he wrote there.

The pragmatists did.

Well maybe I was a bit clumsy with the post. I am actually specifically interested in Kants epistemology. That's what I meant. I can read Kant in German.

Reading primary Kant is though, take your time. If it's not fun for you, I get it, but without having read the primary texts (mostly the first critique), reading refutations of Kant is a bit pointless.

>What should I read if I'm looking for arguments against German Idealism?
Read? Just get a few pounds of sand to stick your head in, as its much easier than purchasing clouds

>I'm looking for arguments against German Idealism?

Greek/Mediterranean food is better/more ideal than German; case closed

>Greek/Mediterranean food is better/more ideal than German; case closed
(just kidding, germans can make gyros and falafels and then they are better)

start with the rowling