Cincinnati chili

Anybody got any good Cincinnati chili recipes? I'm pretty fond of a 4-way with bacon.

Got enough cheese on that?

I feel the spaghetti is no longer necessary at this point.

I know the cans of Skyline prepared chili and even the seasoning packets they sell in stores are shit and taste nothing like skyline. Not that skyline is the best anyways.

I'm always baffled when I see pics of this dish. the amount of cheese would be enough to give two people a geart attack

I always go light on the cheese but pic related is what you get at skyline if you don't tell them to ease up on the queso.

It looks worse than it really is. That giant mound is mostly air; it's loosely piled up.

But yeah, still an excessive amount IMHO.

I've never fucked a pig, but a 4 way with bacon sounds kinda hot.

GO BENGALS.

>4way with pigs
That literally will be the only available joy for benglels fans this season

I loved the Bengals when I lived in Cincinnati. I made lots of money whenever a co worker was stupid enough to bet on the Bengals.

Put AJ Green at every position.

Who Dey

>Flyovers will defend this

>Maine
>Flyover

Honestly I'm considering adding New Hampshire and Alabama to the red as well.

You literally can't fly over Hawaii because you'd run out of gas.

Artificial difficulty.

I like to use American on mine for extra flavor.

You got the map backwards user.

Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama have to be added. What's your justification for excluding them? Alabama is essentially Mississippi.

Tennessee and Kentucky I excluded because of bourbon. As for Alabama, I have no idea.

The seasoning packet called "Cincinnati Recipe" is better than the Skyline and Goldstar varieties. It's the only kind I use. I also skim off as much of the fat and oil as possible during cooking.

Right in the garbage can

I have eaten this and other Skyline alternatives such as their hot dog in their food service establishments.

It is garbage.

When the zombie apocalypse occurs, and I raid a war torn grocery store and the only food I can find is a neat, dusty untouched display of Skyline Shit-ass Chili...I will know that it's time to put the gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

>When the zombie apocalypse occurs, and I raid a war torn grocery store and the only food I can find is a neat, dusty untouched display of Skyline Shit-ass Chili...I will know that it's time to put the gun in my mouth and pull the trigger.

I've always wondered if that shit was any good. I'm going to give it a go now.

>Cook ground beef
>add diced onion and garlic
>add beef stock
>add 2 table spoons unsweetened cocoa
>add two table spoons chili powder
>add 2 teaspoon cumin
>add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
>add 1 teaspoon cloves
>slow cook for a few hours
>taste and add more of the spices you want
>serve with fresh diced onions and sharp cheddar.
who dey

This picture is not a normal 3-way. It's a special they offer occasionally called a "Skyway" and it is advertised as having 50% more cheese. It's more like double the cheese.

While a normal 3-way does have a lot on cheese on it, OPs pic is about twice as much as usual.

How TF is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan not flyover whereas actual Michigan is?

I'm a cincy native and the short answer to that question is NEVER EVER FAGGOT

Also chocolate and cinnamon goes in cincy slop.

I'm from cincy and live in central KY now. Getting cincy chili gets tough. I can drive like 45 minutes to a gold star at least. the 3/4/5 ways are good but I'm just all about the coneys.

Have you ever been to rural south carolina? Its basically the rust belt

You should be able to get cans in Kroger. There are also a few Skylines in and around Lexington.

Never liked the can stuff. However I will look up skyline in lex. I live in Boyle county so I make it up there a fair bit. I'm usually pretty good with gold star but I'll hit up some skyline soon.

>South Carolina
>rust belt
Confirmed for not having a fucking clue.

>Getting cincy chili gets tough

What's stopping you from making it yourself?

I do make it, I just want more access to it is all.

Should be one on Man o War. its been a few years since I lived there though.

that sounds like a lot of cinnamon

Is the point of all that cheese to cover up the taste of their disgusting cinnamon chili?

You ought to try a Goldstar burrito. There's no chili or anything like that on it. It's just a regular old burrito. They're surprisingly good.

What is it with Americans and raw shredded cheese toppings? I've never seen this done in other countries. I understand melted cheese but why is it so often not melted? Just shredded cheese on top, cheap cheese at that, just seems like a horrible idea in terms of consistency and taste. Am I wrong?

It is flyover it's just a bunch of autistic finns chopping wood out there

You're not wrong, but the Americans who do this pride themselves on being poor, simple, practical people who don't stand for anything complex or "fancy". For them, the fewer steps involved in preparing food, the better. Because they think things that are complicated are pretentious and demonstrate a lack of experience and practicality in the people who use them. It's simultaneously a strength and weakness of the American people. But mostly a weakness.

>What is it with Americans and raw shredded cheese toppings?

Amerifag here. 99% of the time the cheese is indeed melted. This thread shows a very specific regional specialty, it's not indicative of what's typical in most areas of the country.

I think I finally understood the flyover meme. Thanks for explaining.

>pride themselves on being poor, simple, practical people who don't stand for anything complex or "fancy". For them, the fewer steps involved in preparing food, the better. Because they think things that are complicated are pretentious

You're not wrong that many Americans feel/behave that way. But it's far from limited to the US. My father's family (British) has the exact attitude that you describe. I've often talked to my grandfather about cooking (it's really the only thing we have in common), and when I'd ask him "Why don't you do X" his reply is nearly always something like:
>that's for fancy rich people, we don't do that here
....despite the fact that he's actually quite wealthy and whatever it was I was asking about wasn't expensive or complicated.

This kind of misguided working class pride is something I will never understand.

It's simple to understand. It's an element of their identity, they've taken to valuing pragmatism and convenience above artistry or culinary excursion. They're not going to make decisions that would compromise that identity because they perceive it as priceless.

I don't understand it either.

It's one thing to say that you can't afford gourmet ingredients for every meal. That's fine, it's normal budgeting that everyone has to deal with. And likewise it's silly to think that people can afford to spend multiple hours working on a highly labor intensive dish every day of the week.

But when the cost and labor differences are negligible or non-existent then it's just plain bizarre.

>americans

Seconded it's great