xenosystems.net/war-in-heaven-ii/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He da man.

he wants top pay robots to fuck his wife and raise his wife's son

how does he make a living in Shanghai?

The Daily Caller is Landpilled

dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/the-f-word/

really makes u think...

There's daily threads.....refer to the archive.

basically he's a meemee

He looks like a nerd in that pic LMAO

At least Nick understands that FDR implemented fascism with American characteristics.

Land's basic idea is that intelligence, evolution and capitalism are very similar processes (from a cybernetic perspective) w.r.t. maximizing ability to control entropy/do work. This is combined with a sort of universal Darwinism ("replicator selection"): processes which are better at doing work will propagate. Self-improving processes (strong AI) will dominate. Capitalism, by way of economic growth is a self-improving process.

>Any intelligence using itself to improve itself will out-compete one that directs itself towards any other goals whatsoever. This means that Intelligence Optimization, alone, attains cybernetic consistency, or closure, and that it will necessarily be strongly selected for in any competitive environment.

As soon as humans and human values cease to be aligned with 'maximize the dissipation of entropy' (in other words: when humans cease to be the smartest thing around), the world will cease to be a nice place for humans.

He likes to personify reality + replicator selection as Gnon: 'God of Nature or (perhaps simply) Nature'.

>xenosystems.net/war-in-heaven-ii/

Take this to its extreme, and some sort of market-AI amalgam is eventually going to dominate this planet. He portrays this in occult/horror/Lovecraftian terms. Cthulhu summoning itself into existence from the future.

>what appears to humanity as the history of capitalism is an invasion from the future by an artificial intelligent space that must assemble itself entirely from its enemy’s resources.

So basically the only question that remains is whether to try to delay this or ACCELERATE right into it. Land falls in the latter camp. And the vector of maximum acceleration is: NRx.

The end trajectory of human existence is machine intelligence. The dehumanizing nature of capitalism is part of the inevitable realization of machine intelligence as a replacement for humans.

High-speed technocapitalism and IQ-shredders (places like Singapore with high-quality immigration but low fertility, i.e. smart people go in and never come out) will inevitably convert all human capital into technocapital. Land's robo-Jesus will exhaust all of Mankind's resources and then burst, alien-like, from its dessicated corpse.

Nick Land is pure autism and completely insane but some of his ideas are interesting to read if nothing else.

Nice, thank you.

fucking nice work you sexy bastard

Nickland isn't real. Is that what the liberals refer to as America, you know NICKED-LAND

way to go racists.

Can anyone explain the IQ shredder in more detail? I've read Land's piece, but it was lost on me.

Places like Singapore and Hong Kong have extremely high economic growth and lots of prospects for a smart person to make tons of money, so the smartest people from the nearby countries flock to them.

Once they get there, they get tangled up in the rat race of techno-commerce and finance and the other aspects of their lives suffer. Immigrants in these countries have very low fertility rates.

The end result is that tons of valuable human/genetic capital is moving into these countries and boosting their economic output, but never reproducing itself. They don't have kids so their genetics aren't passed down. They don't teach kids, so whatever socialization and cultural capital helped them realize their potential is never passed on.

The IQ-shredder hypothesis is that this process is essentially converting the inborn "wealth" of genetic and cultural human capital into economic power and technological advancement.

The tl;dr version might be "Techno-commerce is burning human intelligence and genetic potential as fuel to accelerate capitalist expansion"

From my understanding, it's basically the idea that in high iq places like Singapore birth rates are very low, which means that all these high iq individuals aren't passing on their intelligence for future generations of humanity. Instead, their intelligence is put solely toward their work, which Land presumes will inevitably lead to AI superintelligences.

Christ, that's actually very interesting.

I thought this guy was a dork but this could be very useful to me.

Any recommendations?

Thanks for writing this user, these explanations are really helpful.

>also terrifying as fuck
>helpful tho
>and probably true

As perfectly shown by , and , Land is an idiot and barely deserves the title of "thinker".

he's right about everything

Then explain how he deals with the limitations of the physical when it comes to computing power?

Transistors only get so small, idiot.

Why is he okay with humans going extinct? Does he have no appreciation for what humans can appreciate?

Only an American can think he's write about everything. But let's go beyond that. Admittedly, he's right about certain aspects, but what's absolutely awkward is how Americans worship him. I say Americans because in Europe he's almost completely unknown. His "philosophy" is so dumb, incomplete, even obvious; and based on his life's experience and instinct rather than on some wide and balanced reasoning. He totally lacks depth.

autism

>And the vector of maximum acceleration is: NRx.

Or more accurately: Techno-Commercial neocameral NRx: Landian techno-feudal micro-autocracies find culmination in AI governance, where commence, governance, and artificial intelligence become indistinguishable.

>he doesn't know about quantum computing

*right

>in Europe he's almost completely unknown

He's completely unknown everywhere.

>he doesn't understand quantum computing

Literally NOT an answer

and they wonder why

I'm gonna second this -- should I just start with Fanged Noumena

Part of the reason I'm hesitant to buy this is that I don't want someone to see it in my room and assume I'm some sort of crypto-nazi

he seems to think it's an inevitability.

most likely, anyone who sees it in your room won't know what it is and won't care

>Land

>Nazi

Normies are fucking retarded.

Is that a recommendation to buy it?

Does this mean AI is impossible, assuming nothing overcomes this limitation?

Yes

you can do what you want with your money, i'm just saying your fears are unlikely to pan out

God wins again

Fanged Noumena is VERY "continental". Deleuze&Guattari, Bataille, etc. Also he was super high on who knows what when he was writing those essays.

If that sounds like your kind of thing, get it.

>Deleuze&Guattari, Bataille, etc.

Stopped reading right there. Into the le trash it goes.

Everytime I laugh so much for posts like this

Veeky Forums doesn't even remember when Land was a unbashful Marxist.

Any one familiar with him knows his economics is idiosyncratic synthesis of Right-Wing Marxism and Austrianism.

>his economics is idiosyncratic synthesis of Right-Wing Marxism and Austrianism.

Stopped reading right there.

NEETbux

Let me reassure you that you didn't miss anything, friend

That's when you should have stopped reading, that was the end of his post.

I mean, his post was only one sentence, man. Give me a break.

That's not going to happen because Fanged Noumena is out of print and a physical copy is gonna run you a few hundred bucks.

Just get it as an ebook.

>Give me a break.

Literally stopped reading right there

rated post

Why does no one use pics of present day Nick Land? Ashamed of the flesh already?

on the left: nick land, on the right: a philosopher

Spooky.

Anyone here has a .mobi or .epub of Fanged Nuomena? I can only find pdf which reads like shit on Kindle

I keep seeing people saying FN is out of print here. I don't know if you guys can't google or what, but Sequence Press still has copies of the third edition for $30.

>NICK LAND; OR, HELP, I'M AFRAID OF THE DARKIES!

>In a momentary weakness this morning I found myself reading Nick Land’s dismal blog, ‘Outside In’, where his various ‘outer right’ polished turds are served up to the alt-right community. Yesterday’s gem glommed a New York Times piece on educational achievement for the far right’s favourite historical excavation, the old Nazi lie that intelligence and civilisation is determined by ‘race’. ‘Human Biodiversity’ they call it, or HBD, following the meme-marketing that seems to thrill this camp. (If you doubt that Land’s intent here is racist, hold your nose and follow the HBD tag through the blog). I won’t take time here to counter the idiocy of ‘race’ thinking, but simply state that scientific racism is integral to capitalist modernity – to imperialist extortion and genocide, the differential intensity of exploitation, and the demarcation of access to resources and exposure to death. The notion that scientific racism/HBD is, instead, the solution to the problems with the world is to be fully complicit with the status quo, not, as these people claim, to be its nemesis. They know this. No, what overwhelms me today is dismay that Land has continued to feature in critical theory and politics circles, where people should know better. It seems that a hint of the esoteric and the nihilistic is thrill enough to allow people to pass over or excuse Land’s racism and the rest of his ‘neo-reactionary’ claptrap – in favour of, what exactly, the ‘original’ Land? The ‘good side’ of Land? Or do they not care that they give credence to racist philosophies? Why is Urbanomic still publishing Land? Why does the #AltWoke Manifesto cite him authoritatively without critique? Why do nominally radical institutions host him? Why the fawning reverence for the CCRU (yes, others were involved, but in this reverence its guru invariably remains intact). No doubt old friendships play a role in some instances, but as the Special AKA put it with pop-precision at an earlier time of the rising fashionability of the far right: if you have a racist friend, now is the time for that friendship to end. This should be the absolute minimum for anyone who claims to want to leave this world behind, and not to perpetuate its putrid social forms.

kek

Can't link because it gets caught in the spam filter, but that's Nick Thoburn on facebook. Comments are pretty funny, too.

travel guide writing

you're dense

I'm doing the same course as Ivan Niccolai
might bring up Land if he ends up in one of my classes

His name is nick land and he's a philisopher

>an accelerationist is 'fully complicit with the status quo'

Whoda thunk it

Is there any way I can read the full post and its comments if I don't have a fb account?

Ray Kurzweil on coke snorted from the ass of a cybernetic hooker.

>tfw no automated fuccslave

he looks like a cross of eminem and bazingaman

>implying intelligence is purely hereditary
what an insane assumption to base a whole thought on. Land is a hack

literally a paranoid-schizophrenic with a philosphy degree. and it's not half as good as it sounds

And people say Veeky Forums doesn't have memes

OR

this entire criticism is just calling him racist. So what? Racism is well-justified by science.

i don't think that's been implied at all. land has only ever asserted that heredity is a significant factor in intelligence.

EXACTLY IT'S JUST SYENS

This does noodle my noggin a bit. What happened to all those lefties Nick hung out with in the 90s? Does he keep in touch with any of them? Have any commented on his more recent work? I saw a blogged an obituary for Mark Fisher so presumably he still felt some sort of affinity for that fellow.

What Nick Land wants is pretty clear. He wants to remove all political, cultural and social restraints on capitalism, so it can develop to its full potential.

Why does he want that is the real interesting question. I wouldn't rule out he is still a Marxist at heart, and he just wants capitalism to immiserates everyone so the communist revolution finally comes, as Marx predicted.

>Why does he want that is the real interesting question.
No it isn't. He talks about why this is all the time.

Can we please ban Nick Land threads? It's obviously one autist who keeps shilling this shit.

And why is that?

Can we please ban Slavoj Zizek threads? It's obviously one autist who keeps shilling this shit.

there are 41 posters here and at least a few of them are familiar enough with his work to discuss it / answer questions. fringe writers like Land are right at home here.

Because he wants to liberate intelligence from its human hosts that hold it back from its true potential.

Why aren't you okay with it? What makes you so special you thousands of pounds of shit producing blob of gelatinous waste?