Lovecraft's Feelings on Modern Treatment of His Work

Given his personality, do you think Lovecraft would be fine with some of the more tongue in cheek treatments of his stories (Cthulhu plushies, Munchkin Cthulhu games, etc) or would he sperg about people not taking his stuff seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

slatestarcodex.com/2013/02/19/i-liked-lovecraft-countless-primaeval-aeons-before-it-was-cool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the fuck would we know, you dumb retard

I think he'd care more about the fact that negroes have equal protection under the law as whites now.

I'm asking for your opinion based on your perception of his character, stupid.

He would be a weeb and would post Nyaruko pictures on Twitter.

Don't you ever fucking talk to me like that again, you shitbag

I have no idea, but he did come off a little spergy.

His body was barely room-temperature before August Derleth was writing novels whole cloth and crediting them as co-written with a dead guy, and adding retarded new shit to twist Lovecraft's fundamentally nihilist mythos into a vehicle for Christian good-vs-evil narratives.

I think he would've been upset with that, at least.

He wasn't racist according to the zeitgeist of his time, he despised uneducated people in general. Most blacks were uneducated so there you go. He was elitist and that's it. I doubt he would have hated Leopold Sedar Senghor for example.

Wasn't there a part of one of his stories where he described a "nigress" being beautiful?

Also, his wife was a Jew even though he wasn't known for having fond thoughts of Jews.

Again, he disliked a man's choices, education or the like more than anything else. He probably liked Einstein a lot. He disliked 'unnoble' crafts, like banking and the like. If anythig he was an equal opportunity hater which is something we should all strive towards.

I think he would be quite please with the left's damning of his work because of his personality.

He was a prettt good journalist IIRC. And not the left lad, just some schizo fringe weirdos. Beig a centerleftfag myself I don't cry whenever I hear about Heinlein or Milius. The world is so much larger than this Khmer Rouge Massacre Agency and tumblr.

This is the only correct answer

>would
how do you expect me to verify a counterfactual, man?

Lost my train of thought. He'd.probably rip them a new asshole in essay form.

Shit I'd.love to read him annihilate Neill degrasse Tyson for being such a loveydovey stargazing hippie.

He'd probably dislike both Tyson and Dawkins simply for being closeminded. Lovecraft seemed to be a fan of paranormal investigation.

He was a fan of Houdini in fact and deconstructed some stunt he lied about pulling gaining the respect of the man. In fact I doubt he ever held any paranormal, cryptic or occult beliefs whatsoever. He was a methodically curious sceptic.

I think he did take seriously though the idea that there were mysteries man couldn't really be expected to comprehend. He was by no means someone who was superstitious, but he seemed to like Charles Fort's work.

give this a look:
slatestarcodex.com/2013/02/19/i-liked-lovecraft-countless-primaeval-aeons-before-it-was-cool/

I think I read you wrong, but yeah, pretty much. He feared what science could bring forth. We'll never get to know what he would have thought of the A bomb and that's a fucking shame

As far as I remember, I think he really liked the idea of others using his creations. I doubt he'd hate the humorous stuff. Maybe he'd feel a bit sad that nerds use "lovecraftian" to mean tentacle monsters rather than cosmic horror.

As far as his worldview goes, wasn't he quite the "scientific" type? He'd surely have very different beliefs if he lived now rather than back then. He'd probably still be a kind-of-racist elitist, I imagine, but who knows.

Just elitist. He'd fucking hate Trump and Hillary with a passion. Possibly would have killed them both on the debate.