The final boss of postmodern literature

The final boss of postmodern literature.

Lol. But if we're being serious it's apparently actually Joseph McElroy or William Gass

Literally the first tatters-dressed, unarmed skeleton you find in the tutorial of postmodern literature.

wrong

John Hawkes, actually. Mostly because you typically have to find him on your own rather than be memed into reading him.

This.

Boss for the first dungeon, before granting access to the open world, is Wilson and Shea's Illuminatus!

lmao he's the equivalent of Brock in Pokemon

Someone like Gaddis or please

>humanism

wat

Don't bust my balls please

Who are teh Elite Four and Blue?

Julian Rios for FF5 Shinryu.

I will never read anything from this guy ever, by the way.

1) His name literally sounds like it was deliberately chosen to embody everything that is to any extent a part of reddit culture.
2) Reddit in fact really does like him. (If by like you mean they get wet like prepubescent girls.)
3) He was endorsed by none other than the literal bard himself John Green, in his Crash Course to Literature youtube playlist.

Please tell me if you're seeing a point about why this reasoning might be bad. Just one good counter-argument. All it would take. And I'll change my mind and include this "postmodern" "author" on my hypothetical reading list for this life time.

Well to be fair John Green also endorses SHakespeare

well yeah but there's nothing suspicious about having been endorsed by an universal target audience when you're Shakespeare

not so with a semi-unknown lightweight novelist; in that case it matters who the suggestion came from

vonnegut is really famous actually

>1) His name literally sounds like it was deliberately chosen to embody everything that is to any extent a part of reddit culture.

what

Vonnegut is a good writer. His books are unique, funny, and "literary" while still being easy to read. His books are always fun.
Being "literary" but still easy makes it perfect for Reddit and the John Green crowd.
Just because people you don't like enjoy a thing doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.
For instance, I'm sure you and I like a good amount of the same books, and you sound like a cunt, doesn't mean I can't like those books.

yeah man le reddit boogeyman. fuck thinking for myself, forming my own opinions

are you originally from /v/, by any chance?

sounds like there's a certain website the two of you need to go back to (it's called reddit dot com)

This is the most pseudointellectual post I've ever seen

is chaucer pulling out a usb stick? the fuck?

Never been a reddit kind of guy. Its format isn't for me. Nice try though. Opinions that differ from your own are tough, I know.

reddit suxxx bitch

sounds like you'd get along with the people there quite well, you should try it out and never come back

vonnegut is probably the only decent reddit-tier author, honestly

famous, yes. acclaimed, attained meme status and so on, not so much as of right now.

>hey user ^^ wanna study together after school over at my place and oh I can show you my new Pynchon book about a schlemihl and human yo-yo haha it's so good really makes you reflect about the futility of the search for meaning
-joke
>hey user ^^ maybe you can come over to my place so we can study later and oh I can show you my new Kurt Vonnegut book that I'm reading right now, it's so good ^^ I heard about it from my friend who gave me the Looking for Alaska book which was good too btw ^^ and she like regularly hangs on reddit... hey did you notice Kurt Vonnegut has the same name as Kurt Cobain
-woke

this

>I've never read this author but he's bad
>actually he's not
>normie reddit please go

Bargain bin

reddit is for plebby philistine nerds. normal people who probably don't even read are more tolerable.

Like this a person who doesn't read but still passes opinions.

Wrong.

How?

my argument is I believe that the above-mentioned negative publicity by Jay Green and the Reddit Squad, and the apparent lack of proportionate acclaim in actual lit crit circles (at least currently) may very well be basis enough to automatically dismiss an author, unless you're really THAT curious for some personal reason i.e. your teacher suggested them to you or whatever.

Very.

what do you consider actual lit circles

This is likely satire. But if it's not you have a terrible attitude. If Someone that you dislike happens to like something it ought not preclude you from liking said thing.

'circles' was me trying to sound sophisticated. I literally mean academia in general, just speaking from an intuitive level, and from my limited experience (limited as in I suppose I'm not Harry Bloom (age unadjusted, 2017) if we're gonna be fair about it), he doesn't receive nearly the same amount of acclaim in academic circles like he does in the buzzfeed-reddit-Green pop culture conglomerate

Harold Bloom likes Vonnegut and considers Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse-Five good books.

Doesn't Harold Bloom also like Vonnegut?

The Reddit of Authors

>As it should, Slaughterhouse-Five remains a very distirbed and distirbing book and still moves me to troubled admiration. I prefer Cat's Cradle, but Slaughterhouse-Five may be an equally permanent achievement.

no I know, I know. But from my ignorant perspective of not yet having heard too much stuff good about Vonnegut, that might just have been one of goofy Bloom's unpopular opinions, get it?

I mean I'm not looking to be factually challenged on this, or even rationally lol, and I guess I am approaching it a bit post-ironically, but what I'm trying to say is just that if, for instance I'm hearing about this Vonnegut (just taken as an example) so much more oftem from sources such as reddit, john green etc, why don't I just ironically take the bluepill that's expected of me to have taken anyway by anyone creating content in the realms of mass media/pop culture, and dismiss Vonnegut entirely, since these sources praising him and other more reputable sources not praising him nearly enough in my head amounts to negative publicity,

What would be the loss in that, with an author such as Vonnegut where it's safe to say that he isn't a part of any sort of real, essential canon or anything like that. Why not just let it be (for example) reddit's fault that they made me negatively biased about this one guy of relatively minor literary significance, and in turn threaten just nothing more than that I won't ever be looking him up on my own, barring external incentives such as a friend recommending him, or I need it for a course or paper or something,)

shut the fuck up

god dude
he's just a fucking author
read him if you want
if you don't keep your fucking mouth shut

this isn't your fucking blog faggot

So you're saying what you actually want to talk about is how the perception of an author by specific groups affects your feelings on an author?

Fucking hell why does childhood leukemia spare people like this

IDK, you're somehow still around

Apparently for that user, it does. Conversation over.

He's just 2 pomo 4 u