What books would you recommend to a 25 year old who's trying to improve himself, go his own way...

What books would you recommend to a 25 year old who's trying to improve himself, go his own way, and still vainly holds on to a dream of becoming a famous novelist/scriptwriter some day?

curious george

mostly contemporary stuff hoping you can hack it
or maybe dont read anything and try to make a super ambitious novel without any influence

>or maybe dont read anything and try to make a super ambitious novel without any influence

I've already read a few novels though and I could probably list them all

>hoping you can hack it
and what did you mean by this?

Maybe you are a genius and can understand all the western cannon by figuring out why contemporary literature it is how it is by just reading some
Try to forget them, maybe weed could help with that.
Smoke weed to forget, and do speed to write, edit sober

Murakami said he started to write at 29 and didn't write anything before that. He's doing pretty well as a writer, he was even nominated for a nobel prize.

Maybe I should read some other amibitious writers. Other than DFW who should I check out?

>Try to forget them, maybe weed could help with that.

It's okay, I just remember plot and not the aesthetics in the long-term anyway.

absolute madman

DFW isnt really ambitious he was just mentally ill (major depression and autism)

Who's ambitious nowadays then?

Guns germs and steel

>Guns germs and steel
Isn't this /pol/s favourite book other than Mein Kampf?

/pol/ actually hates it as it argues in favor of geographic determinism, ie it says Africa is shit because of its geographic position and not because niggers are low IQ subhumans.

You're 25 and you've only read a few novels?

i'd recommend giving up your fucking dream. you either have something to say or you don't. no "dream" makes up for your lack of a novel that needs to be produced.

jesus christ please dont read. you are just reading so you can talk people's ear off aren't you you fucking cunt

I'm not going to say give up on your dream but you're very much behind your peers. Read and write as much as you are able to everyday until you make it. Or you know, don't.

MY

Just fucking write something and hope that it ends up being good. That usually works.

I just started writing so I could try to find out how to feel better or at least why I don't feel well.