Why is Burger King so hated...

Why is Burger King so hated? Is it because they were too similar to McDonalds but lost footing in terms of advertisement, while other franchises had their own niche (Wendy's presenting themselves as mature, Taco Bell presenting themselves as different and hip) ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gF2mKIP9WnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They have bad consistency. But when they're good...

youtube.com/watch?v=gF2mKIP9WnI

The whopper was their one-hit wonder. But what a hit it is.

A Whopper w/ cheese and bacon, fries and drink is 9 goddamn dollars.

No refill.

I paid almost 9 tonight at taco cabana for a plate of slop. That's just the reality of the time

Their value menu is really bad

their mozza sticks are pretty good

Maybe because after you've eaten Burger King you'll be remembering it for at least three days.

They have a double cheeseburger, the whopper jr, good nugget deals, yes?

Nothing there is good.

>buns always dry
>meat has that nasty "smoky" artificial flavor
>fries are only good when they are fresh, which is never

They compete directly with McDonalds but every McDonalds I have ever been in was decently clean and every Burger King was a dirty shithole.

the niggers always mess up orders, way more than mcdonalds

Anyone else really enjoy the fact that bk gives you a real fucking drink. Like McDonald's gives you a dinky ass 16 oz drink. If I'm getting fast food then this is probably the only drink I'm going to have for at least a few hours, I need something a little more than 16 oz.

Hello shill!

Oy vay! I've been found out. I also like the fact that they have 10 nuggets for $1.50. The nuggets are honestly pretty bad but for the price I can't pass up the opportunity to add them to a $3 double cheese burger meal.

They tried to be the slightly higher quality McDonalds in the 90's when they were at their most popular. Then, they stopped marketing as heavily, stopped targeting kids, and lost their position to Wendys. Now they are in this nebulous shit zone where it literally fills no market or niche. You have no excuse to go to burger king now.

Shit burgers? MCD's
Slightly less shit burgers? wendys
big juicy burgers? culvers if you're lucky. steak and shake if you arent.

The only things I really like at BK are their double cheeseburgers and their dinky onion rings.

They supposedly serve Icees at my local BK, but they always say the machine is down.

The BK franchisee in my area is fucking awful; it's as if they go out of their way to be worse than their competition.

Everything they serve tastes like it was made on equipment & oil that haven't been cleaned regularly. Stores are always dirty and understaffed. Service is slow. Christmas music over the sound system in the middle of summer.

He only puts down $5.25 onto the counter in the second one. Is that really enough to get all that food in Burgerland?

Patties taste terrible. Mystery solved

Maybe back whenever that movie was made but today all that would be at least $10.

Pre-9/11 America was a different place.

I'm more concerned with how much Burger King had to pay for a whooper commercial directed by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom hanks, and scored by John Williams.

Nope.

With inflation $5.25 from 2004 would be worth $6.80 in 2017.

>smoky artificial flavor

It's flame grilled on a gas broiler ya dingus
That flavor isn't fake

Misread your post. My bad.

Maybe if inflation was the only factor but BK has raised their prices more than just for the cost of inflation over the years.

BK just tastes like low quality. When I'm on my depressed-eat-fast-food-erry-day-for-dinner mood, I leave BK out of the rotation.

In the late 90s early 00s
Burger King Big Kids Meal
Double Cheeseburger, DOUBLE

Good days, Pokemon Big Kids Meal, DBZ Big Kids Meal

better burgers than mcdonalds desu

global food prices rising

I don't think I've ever had a Whopper that was more than one degree over lukewarm.

bk's angus xl is good
also they did the bacon triple cheese but discontinued it
they're just really expensive (atleast here in uk) for fast food

>global food supply increasing exponentially compared to demand
>global food prices rising

Really makes you think

in my country is horrifically expensive compared to mcds
their burgers & fries are better but if im going to eat garbage i might as well eat cheap garbage

They don't care anymore
Their ingredients are shit, I remember they made these chicken sandwiches I are as a kid and loved and a year ago I was hungry and it was late so I bought one and it was fucking cardboard
Their burgers are slightly better but the employees just don't care and often burn then and drenching them in sauce so you can't taste the burned and it's double disgusting because you have this soggy shit dripping dressing with a big chunk of burned beef in the middle and since they microwave them because the cheese doesn't melt the bread is falling apart
Disgusting
I see people going there all the time but they don't seem to enjoy the food, I see tables with half eaten burgers left behind because people don't enjoy them, they close the play areas because kids don't want to go there, I don't see their toys announced anywhere, I'm not even sure they still do toys

Who actually needs a fucking drink refill? Don't you get enough sugar with the first quart

>Culver's
>Steak and shake
I hate living in New England

I think the Whopper tastes better than anything at McD's, but I won't eat at either place because I don't like the thirsty, sluggish way the food makes me feel afterwards. But BK has another particular issue:
This. The flame grilling makes the burger taste like burned fat, and that taste lingers for hours. It takes several washings to get it off your hands. It's just not pleasant.

Their onion rings are the only good thing they have on the menu

They made a big deal out of having bigger sizes and better (tasting) food than McDonald's
I remember McDonald's tasting better but burger Kings parties had a more realistic beef flavor where as in McDonald's you can barely taste it
I think they got fucked when people started talking about how unhealthy fast food is like super size me clearly targeted McDonald's but burger kind was advertising itself as even bigger sodas and fries than McDonald's had so they got hot the hardest
Also McDonald's managed to clean their image better, go to any McDonald's and there barely is kid friendly stuff, I think they all got displaced to a to y corner and now they try to be the place a young professional can go ha e a fast lunch when he is busy working or something like that
That's the people I see eating there anyways highschool students, college students and young adults or up to 30

>big juicy burgers? culvers if you're lucky.

Midwest will always be the master race.

Yeah they really know how to cool down a flame grilled patty with 1/2'' slices of tomato and freezing lettuce. Nothing tastes like a hamburger at room temperature

I really liked Burger King because I prefer char grilled burgers but then I discovered carls jr which is basically the same thing as Burger King but better on every level.

I just feel like their burgers have too much mustard

Taco cabana
U in texas ?

they taste whole lot better than McDonalds. i wish 5 guys would open up at my place.

The only good thing at burger King is cheaper nuggets then mc Donalds

For me, Burger King burgers have a flame broiled taste that is delicious

I don't care for their actual burgers that much, but I fucking love their crispy chicken sandwiches. I used to get the Hershey Sundae Pie all the time when I was younger, loved that too.

Burgers are always cold in the middle, tastes like shit, looks like shit, terrible marketing, shitty fries, weird cups, terrible workers who always have attitudes, LE KING, shitty lettuce and burger toppings, tomatoes the make everything soggy, shitty condiments, dry chicken.
/thread

A good Whopper is amazing from time to time

Every burger king in my town is nasty and dirty as fuck and is run by a bunch of niggers so i'd rather go eat at mcdonalds

To me it tastes like burnt fat.

Why does BK ALWAYS give me the runs?

Does "Burger King is bad" only apply to Americlapland?

Every Burger King restaurant I've been to in Europe was superiour to the McDonalds in the very same country.

>That's the people I see eating there anyways highschool students, college students and young adults or up to 30
McDonalds's customers didn't change.
Literally.
It's all the same people who went there in the 90s, all grown up now.
Which is pretty impressive when you think of it, it's rare for any business to maintain such a market like that.

A lot of locations are just run down and shitty, often run by literal retards and felons that don't give a fuck. When I go to one of the newer, """nicer""" BKs in my area, the burgers are fantastic 9 times out of 10.

>tfw bacon king with pickles, jalapeƱos, and mustard

Most restaurants in Europe are superior
Better quality produce, tighter hygiene standards.

>tfw the culvers where i live has shittier burgers than the wendys and bk

Nothing will ever be as bad as a McDonalds """burger""", though.

its a cultural thing mange. if you dont pay for a refill people dont sip their drinks they take massive 15 oz slurps.

I live in the desert where i can gulp down 40 oz of water at a time
those nuggies are shady man. they are like $1 for 20 and I just know there is rat meat somewhere in there. The tendie fries are dank

I went to BK just the other night. Fries were good, but not the best fast food fries by far

But the original chicken sandwich (add cheese)...my friends let me tell you!

It's from The Terminal, a 2004 movie.

This. They put something in the food that makes me either constipated for two days or shitting myself all night.

>too much mustard

Literally no such thing.

Cheese and chicken is a shit tier combination.

How flyover are you? camembert? brie?

He won't know what those are since they're not on the menu at his favorite fast food joint.

Brie on a chicken sandwich? Add a little pesto and/or balsamic and it's the 1990's. No thanks. Chicken and cheese just muddle each others' flavors. The only place where it works is blue cheese dressing on Buffalo wings because the vinegar acts to keep the flavors from getting dull. In every other situation I can think of a dish would be better as a chicken or cheese dish than a chicken and cheese dish.

I think that, by the context of his post, we can safely infer he was referring to American Cheese being added on a chicken-burger.

In general cheese and chicken don't work, but American cheese in particular illustrates this very well.

Could it be MSG, preservative, or some other additive?

I guess that why chicken parmesan is such a hated dish. And chicken cordon bleu

Their meat tastes funky, and that's not hidden particularly well by the fake smoke flavor.

>In general cheese and chicken don't work
>Versatile dairy product doesn't work with versatile meat product

lmao gtfo Ezekiel.

god bless america...

Yeah man, that's why ketchup and mcdonalds is so popular dude. Because it's good.

Too bad most of our food is controlled by 5 corporations

>fastfood analysts
surely you're better than this?

I ate a whopper from Burger King a month ago and it was horrible. Tasted like the burger was 3 days old. I felt like i wanted to puke and I have an iron stomach.
I don't think they quality control like they should.

Chicken parm was developed by Italian immigrants in the US because lots of Americans balked at the Italian eggplant version. Chicken Cordon Bleu is an OK dish at best, But Chicken Kiev is much better if you're going in that direction.

if mcdonalds is nintendo then burger king is sega

Only good thing to come out of BK was the Angry Whopper. Still pissed they took it off the menu.

kek

BK is my guilty favorite. pls no bully. when im driving on my 6 hour road trips 2dbl burgers a fry and a drink hit the spot so good

I don't even work fast food but why do you think every location has the same employees

>double cheeseburger
>one piece of cheese

Fuck you. The nuggets suck, too.

Not my picture, but its a good example of how it felt to eat there last time. The burger felt sloppy and wet - just too moist

The Baconator combo with frosty at Wendy's is a god send, otherwise I'd only ever eat at McDonalds.

TPTB want food to be more expensive

Either way they're fucking it up because it tastes fucking weird

yeah, austin. taco cabana isnt worth almost 9 bucks for two chicken enchiladas, sloppy beans and salty rice

Well first of all their sizes on their fries are bullshit like a small at five guys is over twice as much as a large

Low quality, generic menu items. The Whopperito was disgusting, but at least they were still trying at that point. Their shakes are ok I guess, but I'd rather have a McFlurry.

>big juicy burgers?
5 Guys or Red Robin you dingus.

honestly the burgers with crispy onions from BK are better.. the regular ones on a whopper just feel soggy with the mayo and ketchup.

In my experience and opinion of the big 3 burger and fry chains it has by far the worst run stores overall in terms of speed, competence, etc., 2nd best burgers, and far and away worst fries. Really hard to overcome when your staples are shit.

Burger King is objectively superior to McShitnalds.

People that eat at McDonalds should be murdered.

the problem with burger king is they have the cost of gourmet burgers but with the quality that is sometimes on par with McDonald, and often below.

If im gonna be spending more than a fiver on a burger il either just make it myself, or if im out goto five guys instead.

>burgers always cold even when I've been there in the morning at like 10am
>fries are cold too most of the time
>employees sometimes give you the wrong food or some shit is missing from your order
>almost no variety in burgers, all look and taste the same
>burgers are small af
I could order a burger that is two times bigger and a bit cheaper at my uni's cafeteria and that one would be served right off the grill with burning hot fries.