Can we all agree that this is absolute shit?

Can we all agree that this is absolute shit?

I was about to read this, why shouldn't I?

I got about half-way before dropping it. It just felt way too aimless and I got bored. I could maybe accept a lack of a plot that if it were much shorter and more interesting.

every month or so we get a Dhalgren thread and it alternates between extremely positive and extremely negative. that's not counting the Dhalgren-fag we had last year that would constantly shill it as "Ulysses-tier".

Delany is on my reading list either way, I'm looking forward to it

Got about 1/4 through. He can write well, but it's still garbage.

>He can write well
No he can't

he is a pedophile

Pretty much in the same boat user, there is really no way to tell the quality of memes like this without reading them.

Yes he can

no

yes

prove it

You don't win 2 Hugo Awards being a bad writer, sorry.

yeah user, fucking prove it!

so?

I'm still looking forward to collecting his kneecaps.

Most of the Hugos were awarded to works with mediocre writing; it's the nature of the medium within its socioeconomic constraints. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably top 5 biggest readers of scifi on Veeky Forums, but senpai...

I hate Dhalgren but it's well written for scifi.

Yes you do.

No you don't.

This board is dead

The teaching company is actually coming out with a lecture on this book this month...

no it's not

Yes you do.

Yes I am

get them to do "Hogg" next year.

>Delany is on my reading list either way, I'm looking forward to it
do yourself a favor and read the einstein intersection, or babel-17, or nova, but not dhalgren, and also not towers of triton, or neveryon

I DON'T REMEMBER ASKING YOU A GODDAMN THING!

dude, heinlein got like 10 hugos and his writing is atrocius, this guy said it more eloquently than me, tho

I never read it so I can't speak to its quality or lack thereof, but delany is a huge cocksucking, hobo-fucking faggot from what I've read, and if his fiction reflects that, I don't want to read it.

I read it, it's really good. His other works are good too. It's a very complex novel but Veeky Forums doesn't actually read so it makes sense why they would've had a hard time with it.

>It's really good
No it's not

Im remember that prick what a fucking joke

Is there anything smaller (

He is that more or less, in addition to being a member of NAMBLA, and thus a confirmed pedophilia supporter.

His writing tends to be on the high end, and his books merits are worthy to be read. If you can't get past the disgust for the person, that's sensible for you, and I don't fault you, but disgust for the person doesn't mean his works shouldn't be read.