Is there any chance of me being a respectable sushi chef if I am white...

Is there any chance of me being a respectable sushi chef if I am white? It seems like a beautiful form of cooking but maybe only reserved to the Japanese... are there any white sushi chefs on here?

If you go to Japan and train under a sushi chef, you will gain credibility. Be warned for you'll have to go through the apprentice system and you'll be washing rice for the first couple years before you can even touch the fish, with the whole process taking anywhere between 5-10 years. If you do succeed, you'll be given right to passage to open your own shop and even get referrals from the chef you trained under

>Learn to make sushi
>Hiro-sensei made me wash rice for 3 years
>Hiro-sensei passes away
>Still cant make sushi

Fucking nips, get on with the program

I'm trained, yes. The "12 years to be a sushi chef" thing is bullshit. Sure, there are people who still cling to that but that's a dying practice. Any more you're fine with a year under your belt learning from someone with experience. I myself did it for two years, and acquired approval from a chef of 25 years, born and bred Japanese.

If you're really interested, make sure you have kitchen experience, practice a bit at home maybe, and go looking for people willing to train. Simple as that.

Just fucking make good sushi. I love browsing /co/ and Veeky Forums but they're the most cucked boards. Maybe that's why they're paired together.

>mcdonalds sushi has taken over the world
>even russians, flyovers, and other subhumans eat sushi regularly
>now the japanese have begun to grudgingly accept the new reality

some white gaijin came into our sushi restaurant for a job. we all bug eye stared at him till he left and then laughed behind his back kek

>slants
>bug eyed
Yeah nah

more like bug souls amirite?

You can be like David Chang. Go to Japan, learn for a few years, failed at making legit Japanese food in the US so you go make your own version. That way people can't yell at you for your shitty "Japanese" food because afterall, it's your own snowflake version of it.

Japs come to Veeky Forums?

> My 'Japanese California Sushi rolls' are all made by Puerto Ricans.

I don't think japs even make sushi themselves anymore.

Seriously though. They have some pretty amazing sushi-making robots.

There used to be a rich middle aged fat married japanese guy who used to post his expensive meals and his wife's elaborate home cooked meals and sometimes his fat hands eating ice cream in his weird and rare japanese cars

Then a lonely shut-in started angrily shitposting in his threads saying they were a violation of the "flooding" rule

Then he became a mod and banned the japanese guy

Sad

It's good to see someone eating well

Guess amerilard moderators only want mcchickens posted on this board. shame.

Not true, complaining about being oppressed by vegans, hair-splitting discussions of the benefits of various brands of energy drinks, and "what third-rate regional pizza delivery chain is best" threads are also permitted

No, some of the best sushi ive ever had was made by white hipsters in jewyork

This board is quite literally a case of the inmates running the asylum.

I have a friend who went to japan to be apprenticed under a japanese swordsmith, if they are willing to teach the white devil the secrets of their superior japanese steel folded over one billion times, they will probably accept a white sushi chef.

is your friend murray carter the XIV yoshimitsu weeaboo?