Cheat Day

Dinner last night. I'm doing CrossFit to lose weight and live longer, but 1 night a week I indulge to ward off temptation. Like a vaccine to being glutinous.

What's your cheat day, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/6jr5on/this_picture_i_took_of_my_food_last_night_makes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that looks awful

1/10
1 for the coke

Say goodbye to your gains

I would consider that a wasted cheat day. The point of a cheat day is to eat stuff you actually want to eat and enjoy. That kind of garbage is for when you got home from a 3 week trip and everything is expired and the shitty delivery chain is the only thing still open.

>retard does crossfit
>wastes his minimal gains by stuffing his body with trash

just sad.

The coke looks shopped tho

I thought so too at first but I think it's just because it's shot with flash on a phone. You get that strange CGI look when you have the flash very close to the lens.
Terry Richardson uses the gimmick a lot.

reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/6jr5on/this_picture_i_took_of_my_food_last_night_makes/

See

ITT: Veeky Forums attempts Veeky Forums advice
(Which is probably more accurate than Veeky Forums would give)

>what food do you enjoy
>REEE WHY ARE YOU GIVING FIT ADVICE
Is this the first time you've ever seen anyone mention exercise in your life?

No, you idoit

>lose weight
>gain it all back again

Maybe if you did this once a month then sure, that's fine but otherwise what's the point?

not him but: i eat 1600 kalories (a bit less actually) 5 days a week and live and eat more relaxed on the weekends. this means beer, pasta etc. i don´t try to binge eat on those days but i don´t take my diet seriously either. i´m loosing about 2 pounds a week. so whtý your problem again?

I'm just taking note of the heart attack he will be binging on once a week while trying to lose weight. I mean he could have at least stopped at a pizza and not bought all the other shit with it.
The fact is, "cheat days" will become habitual, if he wants to get fit, eat healthy and live longer then the cheat day has to go.
A habit can easily turn into a lifestyle again. It might start at 1 night a week binge eating shit food, but i guarantee that it will turn into a day, then a weekend, then before you know it he will go back to eating shit food all the time.

1 Burger is too many, 1,000 burgers is not enough.

Back from Sam's with green beans. I go through about 20 lb.s a week.
Today is a normal day so green beans and chicken breast.

I average about 700 calories a day so I can save up to eat whatever once a week. Currently have about 9800 saved and plan to cheat tomorrow. Not sure yet what I'm going to eat though.

>when you got home from a 3 week trip and everything is expired and the shitty delivery chain is the only thing still open.
This describes my life a little too often lately.

See, you have such a warped and extreme view. I'm fucking positive you're not fit.

>Taking a cheat day

Your bloodline is weak, you don't deserve the gainz.

>not really enjoying trash

look at this la di da faggot. some of us enjoy just being gross on a cheat day.

kebabs and pizza and a can of coke is lavish

im doing Lyle Macs rapid fat loss diet

600 cals a day 5 days a week then 2 cheat meals on lifting days

im on holidays so i can do it, it gets easier though, just chew a lot of gum and chug a bunch of water

only problem is when you have to do that 3 day stretch of 600cal.. the 3rd day is a fucking slut...

you really cant be getting enough protein with 700 calories in chicken breast

unless youre really small i suppose and dyel

Why do this to yourself though? A cheat meal could be delicious chinese or indian food. Why get so much fucking grease?

>crossfit
>that kind of meal
thank god your poor skills in decision making are going all out, so you probably wont be able to reproduce

I haven't had a cheat meal like that (greasy fast food) for at least 6 months. I used to have cheat meal once a week like you. Not anymore. Sometimes I do get cravings and might binge on some nuts but even that's been happening less and less.

My guess is I'm a lot more in tune with my own body than before. So my body always get what it needs, when it needs it. So it has no reason to crave or to binge. I also no longer think of my way of eating as being "on a diet". So the idea of having a cheat meal isn't needed anymore.

Sounds like the ideal way to be. I think ideally I'd like to get there. Food filled a void I had previously filled with cigarettes and then weed. The more balanced I become mentally the less these dopamine blankets become used.

Yep it's definitely possible. I think it just takes time and a lot of experiments to see what your body needs. Good luck!

>crossfit

that doner wrap

SAD

>cheat day
Sounds to me like you just don't want to admit that you're a quitter.

>Like a vaccine to being glutinous.
>glutinous
is this................ a pun?

I'm getting a stomach ache just looking at that photo.

I've been unintentionally warding myself off of junk foods by eating them a little bit before I exercise incredibly hard. When I get sick from the shit I've eaten beforehand, I now associate a gross feeling with the foods, and don't want them anymore.

My cheat day is when I eat healthily since I actively want to live a shorter life and die before living gets too painful.

nice, I do the same, but with beer. I'm on year 3 of this program and it's starting to work.

your mouth is broken

>Cheat Day
My girlfriend has these a lot. I'm not sure what she eats because she always goes out for them. Never brings home leftovers either, but I won't complain since she miraculously somehow manages not to get fat.

jej

I've always been very into fitness (not a crossfit fag though). I have been eating extremely healthy for the last 3 months after deciding I wanted to be shredded and have seen amazing improvements. I haven't had a single cheat day and now I don't even think I could allow myself to, the self-guilt would just be too much to handle.

I probably only drink once a month, maybe once every two months and only with lots of friends. Can't justify the calories of a beer unless it's really good and pairs with what I'm eating

Cheat days are for the weak, but I understand because you are doing Crossfit after all.

*healthily

>What's your cheat day,

day?

I literally just have coffee for breakfast and a tiny salad for lunch daily just specifically so I can eat whatever the fuck I want for dinner.

I've been eating KFC for like a week and I'm still losing weight... my net calorie intake is around 2000/day. It's just 1800 all come from one meal.

>cheat day
>making it

pick one you fat fuck

Do Americans really eat this kind of shit?

For real, in England we never eat shit like this

>doing CrossFit to lose weight
please be 2013-tier bait

>crossfit
>gains
pick one and only one

>England

i mean that pizza just looks so fucking bad. Might as well order papa johns.

That's an American who knows this is from a chippy and is being "ironic"

google metabolic damage or suffer from it

Time to start the day.

I'm definitely dyel mode but am not small. 6' 1 - 175

You should try cheese and leaves meme pizza, it's much healthier.

Please don't

any tips for a suffering user?

I've been dieting & exercising for about 3 years now -- goal to lose weight, get a bit of muscle tone.

Started obese, now nearing end; content with results -- abs coming through, good/ taut definition generally. Otter mode approaching.

I guess it's taken me 3 years to lose 50lbs (24KG). I've gained some muscle, so that offsets weight loss. Probably lost around 30-35KG fat.

So: fairly slow progress -- mainly due to cheat days.

But slow progress is not necessarily a bad thing. If you're happy with the general trend, constantly increasing in confidence, it's good to go slow. It avoids the major problem of loose skin, if you've a lot of fat to lose. It's also, obviously, easier.

The mistake, with cheat days, is to schedule them according to the calendar. I do think cheat days are important for some: dieting & exercising is hard, but much easier to cope with if you know you can have a respite in x days.

But as others have noted, they both easily multiply and turn into cheat weekends. I called mine "Fridays": I was eventually having several Fridays a week -- probably slowed my progress by a year or more.

If you want max speed & progress, don't have regularly scheduled cheat days.

Instead, have cheat days as rewards for progress -- let's say, you can have a cheat day every time the scale reads 1KG lighter than your previous cheat day. This maximises motivation, ensures the wheel is constantly ratcheting in the right direction and prevents you wasting much of your weekly progress on a single day's indulgence.

Also, moderate your cheat days in small ways: pepsi max, not coke; diet tonic with gin; medium pizza not large; 1.5 bags chips rather than 2. Etc. This leaves them still as satisfying but causes much less damage over even a fairly short timeframe; it also decreases the inclination to backslide permanently as a result of guilt/ demotivation.

Scheduled cheat days are stupid. You grow to fetishise unhealthy food. You think oh I am going to enjoy it all week write off really trying with all the healthy shit you're eating.

The best way to do it is to learn to good cook healthy food that you enjoy eating. Then when you want to eat that greasy pan pizza just smash it with no bad feelings. Free meals > cheat meals.

It's like money. If you're careful and sensible with your spending 90% of the time you can treat yourself without worry. If you're some basic bitch pissing away her money on Starbucks and shit every day you're going to struggle to make rent.

I found it very easy to stop eating bad foods, once you supplement. For example, i rinse and mix cans of garbonzo and kidney beans and leave them in the fridge to chill. They have a sweet ish taste and have iron/protein/fiber/calcium/zinc. No fat, very low sugar, bit carb heavy but its fine since i dont eat that many anyway.

Before this, my go to snacks were pretzels and these 10/10 pea crisp chips from costco. Been a while and i forgot the name, but they were so tasty. And im sure you can guess, but before that was stuff like lays and doritos. I mainly eat hamburgers, oats, fruit, and vegetables along with a multivitamin and find myself doing alright. To me, its all about finding alternatives in a multi layered process. If you need snacks, just have it be fruit or legumes. Theres nothing wrong with meat and pastas for dinner, long as theres vegetables to supplement it (which is quite easy for both actually if you load up your hamburger with vegetables and buy veggie spaghetti for example). Mexican food is tasty and healthy if you go easy on the salt and fat. I get a pizza every week too, not out of a cheat day, but just because i feel like eating pizza and no faggot is going to say otherwise

yep, this. you don't do a weekly cheat day, maybe once every two weeks, but monthly is much better. you won't get fucking anywhere by eating like the fat ass you are once a week, but i guess it's one way to do maintenance if you insist on indulging your greasy urges

Yes but vegetables are icky and gross. Healthy food and exercise itself are forms of punishment to be endured in the event of a medical crisis detected by a licensed medical professional.

t. Flyover

>The more balanced I become mentally the less these dopamine blankets become used.
Help me do this pls

>blue bell
You lucky motherfucker. That shit still hasn't come back around here.

I don't have a cheat day. Go big or go home

What problems are you having?

I'm with this user. Why even have a cheat day if all you do with it is gorge on trash? Do you hate yourself that much? That's the reason you got fat in the first place.

>Memefit

pfffffft, hhahaahaaaahhaa!!!

Not fasting to live longer.

Is that coke photoshopped in?

That just means you're a literally lard ass with lots of lard lose. It's not a point of pride, stupid.

>starv and binge
>every fucking week
>call this a diet and a positive thing
>crossfit not even ones

>crossfit

it looks like the tiny beads of condensation are refracting the light in a way that makes it stand out.