These are overrated

These are overrated.

says the guy whose never had potato chips before.

Your face is overrated.

I think potatoes are pretty great

>overrated

In what way? I can't think of a single one.

>t. Irishman at the beginning of a potato famine

Just plain cooked potatoes are truly shit, most of the time anyways. Especially when they can be more exciting with little effort.
t. norfag who has eaten his share of bland potatoes.

German reporting in, can confirm.

I just bought a 5lb pound for $3 at the store so you can fucking fight me

OP BTFO
SIT THE FUCK DOWN

you act like op wanted a conversation about this

Who the fuck eats bland potatoes? You can do literally so many fucking things with potatoes.

I'll bash ye fookin ed in

Germans, norwegians, poles, swedes, the dutch, austrians, swiss people from my experience

they are not. they are amazing

Ask our ancestors who were creative with the meats, not the potatoes. I guess it was easy to throw a bunch of potatoes in a pot and cook it to death, and serve to your family. Plain rice is equally shitty, I bet some Asian nations serve loads of plain rice, for the same reasons.

Plain rice has way more taste than plain cooked potatoes

>europeans
Sounds about right
it takes like no time at all to cut up a potato and saute them with seasoning and cheese and whatever else you want
Euros are just lazy

>get water
>get plate
>put a little water in the plate
>stab the fuck out of the potatoe with a fork
>place on plate
>cover
>nuke for a minute or so
>season to taste
God tier.

Yeah I don't dispute that, I'm just saying northern European 'traditional' dishes are made with plain cooked potatoes. Usually.

holy shit it's like clockwork with this pleb

Russet is a shit tier potato, it's all about the sweet yukon gold.

Fuck you, burgercuck.

way too spicy tßh, parsnips are goat tier

Potatoes are important, your life is not.

killing yourself with carbohydrates is not a solution for your problems.

this is Veeky Forums mate, no one actually has conversations, just endless shit posting.

You could survive on those things, with cheese.

We often add salt to the potatoes while boiling. This is often enought to make them taste good.

french fries and steamed potatoes are the only kind of potatoes i like

dry potatoes like a baked potato or pan fried is like eating sand

Where can I get potatoes so clean? I prefer leaving the skin on, but the cheap ones that I can get are so dirty. I wash them but they still look kinda dirty.

how can fruit be fucking overrated? you fucking people sometimes, i swear

YOU CAN'T JUST GET ON THE INTERNET AND SAY SOME SHIT LIKE THAT!

Oh Man! I bet you wish you had some muthafuckin potatoes now; don'tchya?

I think you're confusing potatoes with a thick skin with dirty ones.

If you've washed them then you're fine.

Slice of butter (not a scoop of margarine that's 60% vegetable oil you amerifat fuck), dash of salt and pepper, it's golden.
Or fry them in saved chicken/beef fat. Make your own fries, don't peel the skins but wash the goddamn dirt off you fucking peasant. Lightly salted.
Cut them up, soak them in water with a pinch of salt, add milk while cooking. Mash them.
Cut up and drop in a slow cooking stew.
Bake them and drop a scoop of chili on them.
Bake them and shred some cheese, cut it long ways, stick the cheese it, squeeze shut and hold it for a second.
You don't have to be a chef to know the value of the potato.

Meme doctor says white potatoes are worse than nothing and should be avoided but then gives non-answers whenever asked about it. When I have other starchy whole foods, should I eat white potatoes or not? Were the data skewed by fried potaters and the stuff potatoes are often served with?

Retard

Potatoes are one of the most nutrient dense foods on Earth. A pound of potatoes is under 500 calories. Glycemic index is a meme, they have a low glycemic load which still doesn't matter anyway if you're not fat and sedentary.

This and the million potato dishes in existence which demonstrate the potato's versatility all point at OP being a being a god damn retard. Other starches don't come close. The potato is more adaptable than rice, or pasta eg different types of sauce to dump on it. Pasta gets bonus points for texture and shape. Bread has different tastes in a big way. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. I don't care of you like something else better, but the potato still reigns supreme.

Potatoes have more potassium than bananas and technically contain less sugar, although that brings up the "how things metabolize" argument which I don't want to get into.

glycoalkaloids tho

I'll stick with sweet potatoes.