warosu.org/lit/thread/S8313050
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8373701
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8388427
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8956544
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is cibin idk

idk cabin user, you tell us

>Books about Norway general too.

Everyone on Veeky Forums needs to read Hamsun, particularly Mysteries, Pan and Growth of the Soil.

Everyone who has read Ibsen, especially Doll's House, needs to read Strindberg.

I don't really care about Norwegian books. Stop posting.

A little birdie told me he's looking forward to his book getting published ;)

He was shit posting all along

How do you know?

>I don't really care about Norwegian books. Stop posting.

Fuck you and your pedestrian Knausgård imitation which substitutes aesthetic merit with autism. Knausgård already exists. Tao Lin already exists. You're bringing nothing new :^)

I think that the young Hamsun is superior to the later Hamsun. While Growth of the Soil is a masterpiece in its simple allegory and unequivocal rejection of modernity, the rootlessness and manic, frenetic energy of his earlier works remains unrivaled. The Sturm und Drang and casual insanity of Pan and Mysteries is something that has been pulled off by very few authors without becoming sappy and nauseatingly pathetic - Hamsun is one of the ones who manage to do it. I think it is a great tragedy that Hunger is his most internationally renowned work. While it is obvious that it holds enormous historical value as a pioneering work of the stream-of-consciousness technique, I still find it inferior to his other early works.

As for the Strindberg-Ibsen polemic, I heartily recommend anyone who felt moved by A Doll's House to read Strindberg's short story collection "Getting Married". He completely blows Ibsen the fuck out already in the preface. He then goes on to surgically murder Ibsen in a short story also called the Doll's House.

Strindberg is one of the most overlooked and underrated authors on this board. His versatility and artistic skill is awe-inspiring.

literally hang yourself m8

>A-a-a-and then he wanted to discuss Norwegian literature instead talking about me! WAAAAAH! So I told him to kill himself! That sure showed him

Knausgård's navel-gazing and narcissism is tolerable because he manages to intersperse it with insight and beauty, but make no mistake about it, the navel-gazing is, in itself, still insufferable.

What do you bring to the table to justify it?

i bring an actual table. that you can use to step off when you hang yourself. because you are p insufferable desu

one very bored shitposter is the source of 3/4 of the copypasta on this board

lurk more and you'll learn to recognise his style

Strindberg is bae

Proofs?

>not using a stool

Holy fuck you are useless.

he's the same guy who came up with this gem
>I literally can't express how much better my life has been since I attended Oxford. I went to a state school and gradually became the stereotypical moody, withdrawn sensitive type who both despises the quality of his immediate culture and feels a weird pride for having been raised in a sort of anti-intellectual and brutal environment. I was all set to take my Russell Group humanities BA and spend my life working as an anonymous, insecure wageslave forever thankful of being offered a job and forever too insecure to pursue my creative ambitions. The chip on my shoulder had become something of a wedge, and I felt too out of place regardless of my environment, too resentful and bitter to even attempt to make it in the artistic world. Then I finally applied for Oxford and got in to study an English MA, with reassurance that should I work hard enough a career in academia or within one of Oxford's affiliated companies would be almost guaranteed. I turned up as apprehensive as usual, and the first few days were spent regretting my decision and desperately feigning a cultured personality. But then I realized that the people there were just interesting and that the snobbery and exclusivity I had anticipated was just a myth borne out of my working class upbringing. I've since graduated, having spend the year dining in grand halls with groups of interesting people, dating several girls (one of whom, a petite Russian whose family traces back to the aristocracy, is now my fiancee). I work four days a week at a publishing company and earn £38k a year. I regularly meet up with friends from my college and visit Oxford for nights out and for meetings with my professors. The Martin Eden-esque novel I have been writing for two years has been selected for publication at a major British publishing house and, honestly, I could not have imagined a few years ago how great life could be. I come on Veeky Forums and see how pathetic you all are and just shake my head and chuckle. If I saw you guys on the street I would of course throw you a penny or discuss Bukowski or whatever "realist" writers you enjoy, but ultimately I would be able to tell within ten seconds if you're an Oxbridge grad and would dismiss you as a potential source of good company if you are not. I never thought I'd know what it was like to be objectively better than somebody else, for the value of my existence to be superior to the value of a stranger's, but now I do and I've never been happier. People are awed by power and prestige. All I need to do is mention the university I attended (if only for a year) and they immediately begin to hunch and look at their feet because they know they are in the presence of greatness.
A modern day genius, he deserves our utmost respect
he admitted it all but i cbf finding the archived thread

Are you guys norwegian ?
whats this fascination with a meme country?

Everyone on Veeky Forums is Norwegian.

His posts have similar themes. His topics often end with him posting an excerpt from something along the lines of, "I realised, with a kind of laugh, that every joke I'd told recently had been at my own expense." He has anonymously admitted to making up stories in several meta-topics.

>6 billion word memoir fag
>Existential crisis with depth and profundity a man twice my age fag
>Literary lifestyle vegan in New York fag
>Norwegian cabin fag
>Oxbridge fag
>Good Will Hunting tier tortured genius fag

Which ones am I forgetting? There's the frogposting fag that keeps droning on about the media-academia-publishing industrial complex and his total inability to finish David Copperfield too, and I actually thought he was a separate fag before I listed all the fags above. It's probably the same fag.

The fucking tenacity of autism.

Probably also:

>easy-mode funded MFA student fag
>manifesto fag
>well-traveled teenager with a keychain of short stories on USBs fag
>Fishkind fag
>"name calling means nothing to the contemporary NEET" fag
>Kaczynski / Hitler / Gobbels memoirposting fag
>Barnes&Noble self-published author fag
>self-published Amazon erotica fag

>mum found my manifesto fag

Also, he has a whole bunch of minor characters that he only explores for a few posts, sometimes only one. But my guess is that they could number in the hundreds, given how long he's been going at it, and depending on how far your willing to stretch the idea of adopted persona as distinct from *actual self*.

He has already admitted to using various IPs in an effort to be the OP of every thread in the catalog (I believe that effort failed). He's probably among us now, watching, waiting, plotting.

Modern day Pessoa, 10/10.

?well-traveled teenager with a keychain of short stories on USBs fag

This guy? warosu.org/lit/thread/S8385483

>The fucking tenacity of autism.
I wonder wether we're the aspies for knowing so much about a fucking anonymous shitposter

Nonetheless, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been tracking him.

Finally, I'm pretty sure he was responsible for certain steam punk threads on /mu/ like 2-3 years ago because the similarity to his shitposting style was uncanny

yea, it's him

bump

I wonder if making threads about himself is part of his final plan

>he admitted it all but i cbf finding the archived thread
That doesn't mean anything. I could post something like that, but it would be an affectionate parody.

Also that passage you posted isn't proof. It's just more vaguely positioned guess work and baseless speculation. gives a better case.

If I had to offer other clues, it's that if you check archives, cabin user's cabin related pics go up to cabin6.jpg, which happens to be the number of volumes in memoir user's autobiography. Subtle clues like that and what mentioned may be key to unraveling this treashit hunt.

Tying those shitposters together seems specious, but I can understand your thought process. Even these posts I quoted above are almost certainly from multiple authors, but have the same goal.

>referencing the same post twice

samefag

Hi guys,

I'm by no means a regular "poster" on this forum but I come here from time to time as part of my work in the literary fiction division of a pretty well-known international publishing house.

Is the individual you're referring to in these posts a regular visitor here, and if so do you know if he or she has published any work elsewhere? I'd love to take a look and if they have any work currently being shopped around agents etc I'd love to get my hands on that too. The new "internet writing" really is a difficult concept to grasp but I think this person you're referring to is one of several writers I've read who really "get it". If he / she really is a diamond in the rough that is the rest of this forum, I'd just love to introduce their writing to a larger audience.

All the best,

CF

>a pretty well-known international publishing house.
*shakes fist*

bump

fuck off shill

>cabin user's cabin related pics go up to cabin6.jpg, which happens to be the number of volumes in memoir user's autobiography
Things like this seem to spurious to draw any conclusions.

> what mentioned may be key to unraveling this treashit hunt.
I agrre that the easiest way to pick him out is based off of his style, which is pretty distinctive, atleast for his major works.
If you take a look at you can instantly tell that you're looking at *his* writing.

>That doesn't mean anything.
It's not much to go on, but the fact that a number of people have started to pick out a pattern in the shitposts suggests that something is up. I asked him straight out once and he said he was all of the posters I was referencing. eitherway, to actually lie about it means that he still understood what I was making reference to, which for me seems even more unlikely than him just telling the truth. I don't know if that makes any sense..

To clarify my position, I said they may be clues. I did not say they were final conclusions.

If it's distinctive, it doesn't necessarily mean it's unique to a single writer. There could be more than one person operating within that kind of style, as unlikely as that sounds. Shitposters from a single non-English speaking country seem to have a single style, but in those cases it's coincidence. As for experienced, elaborate shitposters, college educated people still routinely make the mistake of conflating specific anons, if they have a slim context to distinguish between them, and this happens daily on lit.

Nobody defined his style comprehensively in conscious terms, in a way that other people can offer their views for or against. Furthermore, writing styles can differ in extremes, between months of shitposting, or even in a single day. It's true that the style is distinctive, but it can still be copied, or have resemblance with another different user, even with its distinctive aspects. Defining the qualities of his style would be a first real step in terms of identifying him for his style, but it would inevitably be as pointless as the type of writing style analyses in Shakespearean scholarship.

The patterns are a reasonable flag, but after that you devolved into circular reasoning. I wanted to make sense of it, but it doesn't add up for me. There might be something I simply don't understand from it, but you'll need to elaborate. Also, just because you got a response that said he was all of them, doesn't mean it was really him. Even if indeed all those separate posters were really a single person, since from an objective probabilistic perspective, it's only safe to say that the range involves at least one user for all those posts, and up to roughly an odd dozen posters.

this is now a shitpost share thread.

bump

Bro, why are you getting angry at me

Here's a good one:

LOL

Here's another good one:

Sad thing is, my shitposts are worth more than a handful of your goodposts combined.

who is the cabin user

Links, but there's probably more:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8113600
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8313050
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8373701
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8388427
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8956544

:^(